Is Balotelli realy Italian or not?

PIPA23

retired :)
21 June 2007
due to many off-topic post´s about players real nationality i had to create this, becouse i´m realy surprised many people doubt his nationality. and perhaps we can discouss this also looking at other players with simillar situation.
________

Born in Italy, raised in Italy as Italian, speaks Italian, never was in country of his parents (Ghana), but "not white enough" and no Italian blood relatives.

is he Italian?

What makes a nationality? blood or the feeling of a man that he belongs somewhere where he was born.

discousse and think of not breaking forum rules before you write.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-feud-haunts-29m-Manchester-City-target.html

Last edited:
Most Americans ancestors did not originate in North America... I am of Irish/Sicilian blood but consider myself American, would imagine that train of thought applies all around the world

what a discousse.. yes he sings the italy national hymne with heart.. look at the german national player.. 5 from 11 sings it! oh its a hard thread theme!

no it´s not basicly, becouse i thought in 21st century people look through the appereance of a human.

it´s not 1925 anymore....you don´t have stereotype of some humans only living in some areas of world... this is past.

but i feel this discussion is needed for those who can´t understand how it feels to belong to a country or love a country despite having parents who are from another country...

Blood makes nationality, but If you do not have the blood, to at least be respected you need to have the double respect for the country that opened it's doors for you.

Barwuah has no respect for anything, not even for himself, even less for Italy NT.

Hes a joke and EVERYONE knows it.

So no, not Italian, if that was a Italian, then Italy would be a third-world country in all it's history (and that has nothing to do with his color).

And those "German" players like Boateng, Khedira, Ozil, Podolski...

They just don't give a crap about Germany, how can you not sing the anthem of your supposed country? Represent 'your' people and not sing screaming out loud the anthem? Just stand there quiet like an idiot?

Those players should not even be allowed to play in National Teams, even less in a GREAT nation like Germania.

That's my opinion.

yeah mate but not all people are passionate to scream when they sing the anthem.. i thought this is more a talk about all people, not just football players..

becouse there are examples of players, also in my country with Guede, who isn´t Slovak, just played five years in a Slovak team and applied for the nationality to play in the national team, who was coached by the same man who coached him in the club team and raised his value this way and then sold for only making money to that club team...this is realy a bad thing to do..

but there are players who have big connections to country they represent..

it´s different thing if he has no respect, but that doesn´t make him not Italian as a person..

that´s what i think..

He has no Italian blood and no respect for anything.

So, he was just raised there and lives there, nothing more, that's what I call a parasite, not a member of the country.

That's what I think... nothing to do with skin color or football, really.

yeah mate but not all people are passionate to scream when they sing the anthem..

And that does not apply here since they DON'T EVEN SING IT, haha, not even very silently...

He has no Italian blood and no respect for anything.

So, he was just raised there and lives there, nothing more, that's what I call a parasite, not a member of the country.

That's what I think... nothing to do with skin color or football, really.

And that does not apply here since they DON'T EVEN SING IT, haha, not even very silently...

Wow. He is a young athlete, your taking the piss like he killed someone... What does Italian blood have to do with it? Do Romans have Italian blood? A parasite? You realize he takes in millions of euros a year which surley contributes to Italy's tax revenues...
Just because you might not be the greatest guy in the world or fit your view of what a person should be does not make that person non Italian... Do you feel the same about that scumbag berlusconi?

Contributes to Italy's tax revenues? If that's what you think it's important...

I would not even call Berlusconi a human.

That's what me and most Italians (the ones with a brain) think.

Of course he is, but he does not deserve this honor.

But like in all things in life, there are always some rotten apples like him..

as long as he have that pasport he can be called of that country , i have an american passport , I wanna be called american ? than YES im american !

we have same problem with players like , Xherdan Shaqiri , Granit Xhaka , Valon Behrami , Blerim Xhemaili , Admir Mehmedi (they all play on Swiss team) they are Albanians but they dont play for us for diferent reason , I can say all of them love albania , u can see Shaqiri boots example or even Xhaka , or Xhaka room with Albanian flag and scarf , Valon Behrami has tattoo of Albanian flag , but for different reason they dont play for Albania , one of those is that theyr parents went for better life for work there so they got Swiss passport , other is that Albanian Football Federation is corrupted , and seems they ask money to them for get them on team (years ago) other reason is that Kosovo isnt fully accepted on Fifa so this guys cant play for Kosovo (example Granit Xhaka told open that the day Kosovo is fully accepted on Fifa hes going to play for) but until they play for swiss they are playing for them and I guess theyr fans should respect them , but I hate racism as such like telling hes not Italian , hes not Swiss , he feels like that ? he want to be like that ? he got that passport ? than hes same Italian as you are (even more important and you know this ;) )

Passport? Are you serious?

Anyone can fake a passport, and that's your basis for this kind of subject?

Pass.

But your take on a nationality isn't right. Based on your theory you'd find tons of idiots who couldn't give a toss about their country then. Go on the streets and you'd find tons of Italians who don't respect themselves (aren't respectful), and are living in their country as parasites.

So all these people aren't Italian to you?

But your take on a nationality isn't right. Based on your theory you'd find tons of idiots who couldn't give a toss about their country then. Go on the streets and you'd find tons of Italians who don't respect themselves (aren't respectful), and are living in their country as parasites.

THAT IS.

i'm an immigrant too, i don't have italian blood but i live here since i was 7 years old (now i'm 23) i speak italian, write italian and know italian history better than 60-70% of my friends with same age. I have italian passport.. but as i don't have italian blood that means i'm less italian than you Daniel? lol

Balotelly has 100% an italian culture, he stayed here for all his live.. and his bad attitude not have nothing to do with his nationality. imho this is the biggest italia problem, we have OLD mentality and this is the reason why here there so many problems and we are teased alla round the world from others cuntries at "same level".

Last edited:

Who are u to judge who deserves to be italian or not?
Why do you think you deserve to be so?
We can't choose our compatriots we can just accept them ;)

history repeats itself , like the The Roman Empire was demolished by barbarians~~~~
Europe needs more statesmen who are patriotic and nationalistic !

for me a valid discussion would be if players like Roger(brazilian who played for Poland), which didn´t even speak the local language should be eligible to play for a national team.
Which is not Balotelli case.

Ernesto that´s what i think as well is more a problem..

but i had to open this thread to prevent off-topic in other threads and perhaps find a way for all to discouss..

for me a valid discussion would be if players like Roger(brazilian who played for Poland), which didn´t even speak the local language should be eligible to play for a national team.
Which is not Balotelli case.

Agree, i could understand some arguments about Camoranesi and Thiago Motta. 0,0001% of italian blood that joined italian NT only because their original countries didn't take them in consideration. But you know, both of them are not black :PIRATE:

I was not talking about stupid Italians, which there are lots of (like in every country), I was talking about the immigrants (non Italian relatives).

As I said " but If you do not have the blood, to at least be respected you need to have the double respect for the country that opened it's doors for you."

If you have Italian relatives, but you are an idiot/parasite I can only wish this person to die. But that does not make him non-Italian, just useless.

THAT IS.

i'm an immigrant too, i don't have italian blood but i live here since i was 7 years old (now i'm 23) i speak italian, write italian and know italian history better than 60-70% of my friends with same age. I have italian passport.. but as i don't have italian blood that means i'm less italian than you Daniel? lol

Balotelly has 100% an italian culture, he stayed here for all his live.. and his bad attitude not have nothing to do with his nationality. imho this is the biggest italia problem, we have OLD mentality and this is the reason why here there so many problems and we are teased alla round the world from others cuntries at "same level".

Balotelly has 100% Italian culture? Italians are not savages like him, and I'm not saying this because of his skin color, you're offending me, Italy and even yourself by saying this...

If you do not have Italian relatives you are an immigrant, but you seem a respectful guy and as you said you know more culture then most of your friends. Then I have nothing but respect for you. But I'm sorry I don't consider you as Italian as a person with history and roots on this country, if I did, soon Italy will end up like England with all those Indians, or Germany with the Turkish, and that kills the culture slowly (because most of them don't care about the country, not talking directly about you of course). Like we have TONS of Kebab in Italy these days. I'm the only one who hates that? I don't think so...

Who are u to judge who deserves to be italian or not?
Why do you think you deserve to be so?
We can't choose our compatriots we can just accept them ;)

You are judging me by saying that, so who are you to judge me either? haha

And of course we can't choose them, who wants Berlusconi as a compatriot? But we certainly can avoid being overtaken by useless immigrants like Balotelli. We should choose better and not accept and IDIOT like him just because he can play football.

Or does someone here REALLY thinks he would be accepted if it wasn't' for football?

Please don't be naive guys...

But you know, both of them are not black :PIRATE:

So no, not Italian, if that was a Italian, then Italy would be a third-world country in all it's history (and that has nothing to do with his color).

You need to be very careful of this kind of view IMO. Judging people's nationality based on behavior and lineage is exactly what the Germans did in 1933. I'm not saying your a bad guy or comparing you to nazis. You admit that belisconi is Italian yet wish he wasn't, however you don't consider Mario Italian? Because why? He is a bad apple? What's the difference between belsconi and Mario then?

Berlusconi has Italian blood, relatives, roots.

Barwuah has nothing, he was taken from a life in Ghana to live as something he is not in Italy just because the country is better then his (his real parents fault).

The behavior part applies to the Italians and the immigrants, but if you are and immigrant and you'll not even behave or try to impose a different culture, you should just go live in other country, as you don't deserve to live among the others with this lack of respect.

That's my view.

You are judging me by saying that, so who are you to judge me either? haha

And of course we can't choose them, who wants Berlusconi as a compatriot? But we certainly can avoid being overtaken by useless immigrants like Balotelli. We should choose better and not accept and IDIOT like him just because he can play football.

Or does someone here REALLY thinks he would be accepted if it wasn't' for football?

Please don't be naive guys...

I how did I judged you exactly??? :CONFUSE:
In my opinion Balotelli is 100% italian and that's not only my opinion but italian government too that's why they gaved the italian citizenship.
Oh and you didn't answered my questions ;)

You are judging me by saying I can't judge him. Don't you see? If I can't give an opinion about him what makes you think you can give an opinion about me?

Italian government? hahah sure, people like Berlusconi gaved him citizenship.

"Why do you think you deserve to be so?"

This?

Simply because I love and respect this country and it's culture.

Something Barwuah and Berlusconi don't do or understand.

And AGAIN, the only reason Barwuah is even considered for such talk is because he plays football, otherwise nobody would give a crap about him.

Last edited:
You are judging me by saying I can't judge him. Don't you see? If I can't give an opinion about him what makes you think you can give an opinion about me?

Italian government? hahah sure, people like Berlusconi gaved him citizenship.

"Why do you think you deserve to be so?"

This?

Simply because I love and respect this country and it's culture.

Something Barwuah and Berlusconi don't do or understand.

And AGAIN, the only reason Barwuah is even considered for such talk is because he plays football, otherwise nobody would give a crap about him.

I didn't said that you can't give your opinion and i didn't judged you. I asked you some question with intention to unterstood why you think that you are better that these people, anyway.
There are much italians that don't like their own country but they are italians anyway.
And maybe the fact that he is considered is the reason why he bothers you. You maybe are the type of person that consider his nationality superior and wants to see these immigrants like you call them make only modest jobs and live modest lives or maybe worse?
Because for you is like they have occupied your home right? They taked you ur so amazing italy and damaged her with some kebab shops around the town...

No I don't wish them just modest jobs, where did you get that from!?

I want these people that don't have the roots to respect this country and it's culture, that's it, which is as big as Germany and many others.

Again, "consider his nationality superior" where did you get that from? I never said such a thing.

And "damaged her with some kebab shops around the town"?

I'm sure you don't have a clue on what you're talking in that part...

I said that You MAYBE are the type of person that think these things...
I don't think that Balotelli have disrispected italy in anyway or maybe i just don't know any episode about this thing. But this doesn't mean that he isn't italian. Like i said there are a lot of italians that even hates them country but nobody accuse them to not being italian.

And don't forget that italians have been immigrants too and in the most of the cases they didn't respected so much the hosting country ;)

Back
Top Bottom