Interview tips

Congrats, what kind of job is it?

Its working in a Tesco Express, basic staff level first but I asked the possibility of promotion question and there are definately places to go if I apply myself

Hello..

Tell us about yourself?

Tell them in detail how your experience would relate to the position you are being interviewed for. Be as detailed as possible about your family background, educational background and previous job experience.

Why are you interested in this position?

Tell your employer why you chose to apply for this position. Explain why you are a perfect match for the position and how you will do full justice to the same. Use relevant examples from your family background, educational background and previous job experience.

What do you know about this company?

You should research the company well before applying to it. You must be prepared to discuss the industry, the company's relative size within that industry and show that you know who the major players and competitors are

What salary are you drawing?

The question is not difficult to answer – just be honest and give the figure. In all probability, your next employer may base your salary on this amount. However, the problem arises when you feel you are being underpaid in your current organization. You may feel tempted to lie, but do not give in, as checks can be easily made and you may be disqualified. In case you are getting additional perks, incentives or commissions, do not forget to mention them, as they are important while negotiating salary.

Back
Top Bottom