International Cricket 2010

Re: Ashes 2009 Game

The problem with bowling is that you have to bowl ridiculously full to hit the stumps - it's either that the stumps are too small (they look it) or there's too much bounce (also seems the case).
So having to bowl that length makes it easy for the batsmen to time and score runs off, yet it's the only way to get they bowled or LBW...

Look at this hawkeye thing of how the Australian seamers bowled at Headingley:
reallengths.jpg

Bowl like that in AC09 and it will fail...

And yes, the bowling speeds are crap, Peter Siddle 100mph, Steve Harmison 70? :FAIL: The people who make these games really don't give a shit about cricket, probably never watch it, and have just made the game because it's their job and they have to...
Another problem with bowling is that all edges are down to bad timing rather than playing down the wrong line, meaning cut, swing and spin are useless (in fact spin bowling is a complete waste of time in AC 09), it doesn't matter how well you time a shot in real life if your bat is in the wrong place... That is not simulated in AC 09.

All the talk of this being a good game and not being arcadey was bollocks, and thanks Kamy for bullshitting us about the playtest (I don't know what cricket you watch if you said this was realistic) :TD:.

P.S. - It may be anything from 6 months to 2 years away (no release date set), but take a look at this cricket game which is being made:
http://theartofcricket.net/
Made by fans, for fans, you only have to look at the feature set to know it will kick the arse of any EA or Codemasters cricket game...

Last edited by a moderator:

I was playing last night for quite a while and began to figure out the bowling espeically to the right handers! If you bowl a reasonably full line just outside off stump and choose the leg cutter, when running in to bowl change your delivery to the off cutter, i got 5 wickets with Jimmy anderson last night doing this and when i saved it before bed i had Australia at 135 - 8 which is a big improvement from the day before!! Still dissapointed in the game but will make the most of it! The art of cricket looks great, looks like i will need to buy a pc to run instead of my laptop though!!

Lovefilm sent this to me to play - The bad news is the dick heads at Codemasters decided to make the game unplayable for colour blind people.

The change from green to yellow when catching/bowling is impossible for me to see so I'm left to just hit and hope all the time.

what a bunch of cocks.

Lovefilm sent this to me to play - The bad news is the dick heads at Codemasters decided to make the game unplayable for colour blind people.

The change from green to yellow when catching/bowling is impossible for me to see so I'm left to just hit and hope all the time.

what a bunch of cocks.

Wasn't there another game this year that screwed you over for being colour blind with their red and green dots on the radar?

Yeah I can't think which but I'm guessing COD or Killzone or Resistance 2. Seems really stupid that they can't include something so simple as a colour option.

International Cricket 2010 is now out. The new action cam looks quite good actually. I might give this a try when I get round to it.

International Cricket 2010 is now out. The new action cam looks quite good actually. I might give this a try when I get round to it.

I've had it a week, its actually a good game. Miles better than the other incarnations

Cool. I'll give it a go later tonight!

Good stuff, I found i hated it at first, then did tutorials, and understood it all a bit more then had fun.

Very good game- tactics, and plans actually work for bowling. Eg changing the line, or changing the field etc

It's the game ive played most all week, despite being close to the end of RDR.

I was a big fan of Ashes Cricket 2009, it had it's fault particularly with the AI but playing against friends it was really good.

This improves upon AC09, they have taken on board the criticisms of the previous game and made the improvements that the fans wanted. The AI is now smarter, you can have tests matches that last 3 or 4 days. On hard mode with the HUD off the game is a real challenge. The AI pacing for T20 and 50 over games is also realistic.

I thought that the Action Cam would be a gimmick, but it works really well, especially for batting. It allows you to look around the field and pick gaps, it also makes you feel like you are really out there in the middle. The other big change is the power stick, the further left you press the more power is applied to shots, so you can use it to flick the ball into gaps or nurdle it down to third man.

The graphic's are not all that great and the animations are much the same as AC09, but the offline playing experience has improved.

First 15 Minutes of IC10 (Eurogamer Video):

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/international-cricket-first-15-mins

Back
Top Bottom