I'm trying so hard to like PES2008....

"It all comes down to what you want from a football game. Those searching for realism and an exact simulation of the sport should go for Fifa.
Those looking to score spectacular goals, have end-to-end matches and play at a ridiculous pace should get Pro Evo.

But strange isn't it, how the two have crossed paths and now occupy the place the other held for so long?
For the first time in history PES is playing catch up."

GAMES TM Review Issue 63
And i couldnt agree more with it.

I haven't tested FIFA so can't say anything about it. If it's true that FIFA is more challenging and you have to pass the pall a lot to create chances I may well try it.

PES 2008 is for the most parts quite good. There is some terrific things and I feel great about them but it definitely has issues. What is it with Konami as they seem to think one foul per game is realistic? I foul and most of them are quite hard fouls. I get cards and I deal with them. No problem. But why in hell can't the cpu foul more than one little foul somewhere in my area in a whole game???? It's not like they don't tackle but they just get away with it. Do I get away? NO! It makes me think (and worry) that Konami thought we should dive to get freekicks. I don't even know how to dive and I don't really care about it. It's plain stupid that I've had no freekicks in a scoring position in the whole league I've played so far (13 games so far). NOT A SINGLE FREEKICK! There has been tackles but no freekick. Is Konami scared the game is getting too easy if they make the cpu to give away freekicks?

In PES5 there were quite many freekicks per game (too many for some people). PES 5's problem was there were no cards whatsoever in the game. No matter what you did. And the cpu did :lol:. In PES 6 they told there would be more cards. Yes but not for the cpu. It was about a thousand times I was straight on goal with only the keeper to beat and then the defender run over and fouled. Freekick but nothing more. It is a straight red card in real life. And now it got even worse. The cpu don't foul at all (maybe once in a game but not always).

Have any of you played the game in 15 or 20 minute periods? Does this happen then also. Is it down to the playing time that the cpu don't make a single foul?

PES 2008 has other issues as well but they've been in the game for a long time. Computer controlling your passes, You try to head the ball away and your defender does nothing, Cpu players run twice as fast as yours... the list goes on and on...

Back
Top Bottom