I Am Alive: PSN & Xbox Live exclusive

IGN's reviews are worth as much as the paper their advertising revenue is printed on*

*I reserve the right to come back here saying the game's shit tomorrow afternoon ;)

It's slow paced and linear thus far, but certainly interesting! Not helped by the fact I'm feeling sleepy today and still hopelessly addicted to Fifa so having massive withdrawals!

Just finished downloading for me, the weather here in London is so grim it might as well be the impending apocalypse outside so excited to dive in after lunch

Managed to play it a little bit more today and its growing on me.

It's quite old school in feeling. Pretty linear, the climbing is quite fun and intense due to the stamina and building violins as you run out. Disappointed that there isn't more exploration or looting, there might be the odd alleyway you run down to find a water bottle but basically you are on the set path.

There is so much debris and mess about the place but you can't search through any of it, instead loot appears as old school floating glowing items which is a big let down for me (fallout 3 was excellent in making you feel like it was an expansive lived in world, going into some random shack and rummaging through all the draws)

Combat is quite fun and intense but I find it lame that the bad guys can fire multiple shots yet when you pick up their guns you get a maximum of 1 bullet every time (even though its a semi auto clip).

The setting, atmosphere and story is intriguing and captivating, just can't help but wishing it was a little more realistic and open world rather than the slightly old school platformer vibe its got going on.

Probably give it a 7/10 at the moment but definitely interested to find out more the tale.

I'd say yes, just, I see very little replayability though so there's no harm waiting for it to go down in price.

Thanks, still waiting for it to come out on PSN so will be an even longer wait for it to go down in price... :)

Believe I still have some money on my US account so will probably buy it from there.

What are you all slabbering about, I just posted 'what a shit ending', how on earth is that a spoiler ffs.

And who deleted my post anyway, Sherlock Holmes?

Feck, you must've been totally frustrated about Sixth Sense when someone said to you "Oh I never saw that coming" or From Dusk Till Dawn if someone said "Wow that went mental", you guys must be CSI investigators.............................. :/

FD

FD

What are you all slabbering about, I just posted 'what a shit ending', how on earth is that a spoiler ffs.

And who deleted my post anyway, Sherlock Holmes?

Feck, you must've been totally frustrated about Sixth Sense when someone said to you "Oh I never saw that coming" or From Dusk Till Dawn if someone said "Wow that went mental", you guys must be CSI investigators.............................. :/

FD

FD

Sorry mate, i just made a joke and a mod misunderstood it, telling that the end is shit is really no spoil since it´s totally subjective.

Back
Top Bottom