I Am Alive: PSN & Xbox Live exclusive

Re: I AM Alive PS3, Xbox 360, PC

Is it me or does this look like the VG version of I Am Legend

If the story is is as good as the intro builds it upto be then this should be a good game

we need more games that have stories like films

Yeah really like the look of it, always enjoy those types of movies aswell. Hopefully they'll get some decent storywriters in to make it solid, and not fill it with aliens and shit.

Sooooo it finally comes out a week tomorrow, can't wait as I am a real archery whore and will basically buy any game that has bows and arrows with iron sights!

From what I've been reading it's 1200 MS Points for 6-8 hours gameplay, not too bad, be a nice change from Fifa at least!

Here's the latest Making Of video:

YouTube - I Am Alive - Making Of [UK] NP

That's cos they're all Tottenham fans ;)

Obviously compared to a "proper" retail title like early stuff from The Last Of Us it doesn't stack up but taken on its own merits as a digital download title I think it looks quite decent, some interesting mechanics and elements there :)

Oh, didn't know it was online going to be via the online networks.

Cool, looking forward to this.

And in terms of the I am Legend link, I always wished a game came out based on that (missed the online game they had for a while).

FD

LOL, I'm an idiot, I thought this was Last of Us, got my games mixed up.

I can't get to see on-line videos, but noticed someone mentioning about aliens or monsters, I was under the impression this was only like a human survival game.

FD

Thanks mods for fixing the title!

Well yes this is a human survival game, we haven't seen any kinds of zombies or monsters or such so no idea if they're in there, I'm assuming not but their could be some angry wildlife not happy about living in a apocalyptic dust bowl! :)

Edit: I can put the making of video on somewhere like mediafire or such to download if you want?

Last edited:
Cheers mate, no need to worry.

I can't access videos (such as youtube) from work, from home I'm fine, watched a bit of it, looks good, seen someone mention about the graphics not being too great, but the bits I saw looked good.

FD

Considering the game's only 6-8 hours long I think even a short review would spoil a fair bit, I plan to buy it the second it's out tomorrow, funny as I'm not usually so smitten by games, especially non Fifa ones ;)

I've also seen mentioned some not so great reviews that might have popped up, but I have to say for a tenner and considering it is quite a niche game, I'll probably give it a go regardless of reviews as I imagine they could be quite overly critical for a downloadable game that tries something different to the norm.

Found this and it got me super psyched http://thriftynerd.com/2012/03/i-am-alive-review/

Sounds like its a really unique experience! No major spoilers in the review above, which gives it 5/5 and suggests (again not a spoiler, just hidden in case you wish to read nothing)

"I Am Alive may have drawn inspiration from a great deal of sources, but as a game it is an experience like no other. I Am Alive isn’t an action game. It isn’t survival horror. It is merely a survival game. Down to it’s very core it is all about survival. It raised many questions for me. If the apocalypse came tomorrow, how far would I be willing to go to survive? How far would I be willing to go to help the others around me? I Am Alive doesn’t try to scare you with cheap thrills. It is a depressing and shocking experience. It is a game that sticks with you. "

Still trying to find out when it gets released, asked Ubi on Twitter but they ignored me :( Anyone know what time Xbox Live arcade games normally go up?

Back
Top Bottom