How many football clubs do you support?

N

ninjabreakz

I support only ONE club and always have. I don't understand people who support more than one club?

Yes, I love watching Barca play their 'Ole!' football, I enjoy seeing a menacing AC Milan unit playing in the Champions League but there is only one team for me: Manchester United and it's been that way since I was 7.

I have to give the Celtic supporters the most credit around here - it seems that most of them (if not all) only have love for their Bhoys.

Most of the Yanks here support about 8 teams ranging from Fenerbache to DC United. :lol:

Discuss.

and let me guess, you live in south-east Kent/India like 99% of Man United supporters

I've stuck with my local team through think and thin, now look where we are :D
from the ramshackle Elm Park, to the sparkling Mad Stad with a record breaking team

oh and nice dig at csaunders you cunt :roll:

Valmir said:
oh and nice dig at csaunders you cunt :roll:

Touchy touchy young man! You never see me resort to personal attacks. Stick to the forum rules please. ;)

You are not the quickest young fellow are you?

See thread subject. Not an attack on anyone. You have answered the question and well - you support one club, Reading FC who were fantastic in my opinion last season and I am looking forward to seeing them in the Premiership next season.

Now gimme a kiss you horny old dog. Mwah! x

anyway I'm with you on this one :D

its like people at school always support Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea Man United etc, why not support the local team :(

and now because we're doing well, all the "fans" creep out of the woodwork
no-one wants to support a losing team until the start doing well

As I said before I support two clubs, because I've Spanish roots. In Portugal I support Benfica, in Spain I support Barcelona, but I love more Benfica than Barça.

Anyone is free to choose their favourite foreign club, in England I like Arsenal (because of their football show with goals), Chelsea (Mourinho, Paulo Ferreira, Ricardo Carvalho and lot of Portuguese staff), Man Utd (was my favourite English team when they bead Porto by 4 - 0 at the Old Trafford and won the Champions League in the same year if I'm not in error and because Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Queirós are there) and at last Liverpool (Just love their crowd and the way that they live football in a stadium). For the other countrys I like PSG and Lyon from France, in Italy I like Inter, Roma, Fiore, Milan and Juve and in Germany I like Borussia Dortmund and 1860 Munchen.

'nuff said

Man United were crap when I was a kid but the first time my uncle dragged me to the Stretford End I was blown away. It was 'love-at-first-sight'! I have stuck by them through thick and thin.

I respect supporters like Valmir. Hats off to you fella.

Valmir said:
its like people at school always support Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea Man United etc, why not support the local team :(

In Portugal we're getting more and more this idea, most of people here are like casuals fans they support their local club team, anyway you can see some people from Oporto who supports Benfica and Sporting and some people from Lisbon who supports FC Porto, this kills me! :shock:

Everyone in England supports Grays Athletic at the moment. Weird.

you see I support Two teams

Manchester United who my dad used to support, which got me into supporting them since i was little, and I also support Crystal Palace who are me local team :D

Boca Juniors mostly but I also love PSG, mainly due to Mario Yepes. Don't really support any MLS clubs (I live in NY)

ninjabreakz said:
Man United were crap when I was a kid but the first time my uncle dragged me to the Stretford End I was blown away. It was 'love-at-first-sight'! I have stuck by them through thick and thin.

I respect supporters like Valmir. Hats off to you fella.

at least you sound like a real Man Utd fan :p not like the classic 14 year old from Surrey who looked at who won the Premiership when they were 8 to choose who to support

Valmir said:
at least you sound like a real Man Utd fan :p not like the classic 14 year old from Surrey who looked at who won the Premiership when they were 8 to choose who to support

Or the latest Chelsea 'supporters' who have lived in Coventry all their lives! :lol:

OPM said:
1 Team, my local-club. For my whole life and it will never change.

8)

I wish local teams had more local players though, I mean Reading doens't represent the Reading people
although hopefully the academy is starting to pay off as we have some talent from the area who are now signing professional contracts (James Henry is supposedly a fantastic propest, he even turned down signing for Chelsea)

It's about time a city like Reading were in the top-flight. A great city, commuter strip for London and a lot of big businesses are setting up there.

Also, many memories of being a teenager at the Reading festivals of 1994,95,96,97,98 and 1999!

Only Ajax for me...

and internationally i like Barcelona because of the whole dutch connection, and ive been in the Camp Nou. But thats not really supporting i guess.

The Big Boss has got it spot-on. There is nothing wrong with enjoying other club's football style - but supporting 2 or 3 teams? I don't understand that.

I love watching ARSENAL - I am a United supporter! They play some of the best football in the world on their day.

I support my local and any american team in england, manchester United, USA Inc. I like there RED, WHITE and BLUE colors, just like the US FLAG. Now if you like two teams in one league thats one thing, but two different teams in two different countries, i dont see a problem with that.. ninja, how is your punk rock band comming along, blink 182, i havent heard many songs from you lateley

Don't you DARE put Blink 182 and 'Punk Rock' in the same sentence! The Sex Pistols were the only REAL punk band in the world! EVER!

Sick. Man. Totally.

csaunders said:
I support my local and any american team in england, manchester United, USA Inc. I like there RED, WHITE and BLUE colors, just like the US FLAG. Now if you like two teams in one league thats one thing, but two different teams in two different countries, i dont see a problem with that.. ninja, how is your punk rock band comming along, blink 182, i havent heard many songs from you lateley

Blink 182 are "dead"! :lmao:

Hey csaunders I understnad you're mad cause this thread itself is a thinly veiled attack at you...but keep in mind the flag of England is also red White and Blue...and was around before America ;)

Valmir said:
8)

I wish local teams had more local players though, I mean Reading doens't represent the Reading people
although hopefully the academy is starting to pay off as we have some talent from the area who are now signing professional contracts (James Henry is supposedly a fantastic propest, he even turned down signing for Chelsea)

i agree, but if you want to see good and top-flight football i guess we need to live with this. we just sold one of our best youngster coming up from youth for years, but that's football buisness. not allways nice, but still for me it's the club that matters, not the player sticking in the shirts. :)

Arsenal are the only one team I support, and pretty much since the day I was born. I went to my first match when I was 3 and they are my local team.

I love and support 1 club ONLY!ARSENALI don`t support paligamy :D The only problem I have is my boys hate Arsenal and Love Liverpool 11 and 9 and they play club futbol all year its a must

On the supporting your local team shpiel, I can walk to Emirates or Highbury in under half an hour. Wee, now to only be able to get tickets. Arsenal are my one team - I like to follow HSV because they are my favourite team in football manager.

I think it's legit to support the chicago bulls and pittsburgh steelers also, given that there are no forthcoming plans for inter-sport leagues. :lol:

Only 1, Celtic.

Doesn't stop me liking watching other teams, but I don't loose any sleep over them unlike Celtic.

FD

Back
Top Bottom