How many football clubs do you support?

yeah, i don't think you can call it love if you "like" other teams. i have my favorite in pretty much every european league, but like you said, it's more of fun than serious love like with my club around here. ;)

For all my life Ive loved Stoke City, it is the team that has been given to me from an early age. Later on I fell in love with Rangers, being that I go here more often, its near where I live and my grandfathers side. Ive been brought up with a strong footballing background and this is something that is in my everyday life. I would honestly find it hard to choose between Stoke and Rangers as I love them both so much, I guess If I had to pick it prob would be Stoke by a ball hair.

I can understand where people come from when people say they support more than one side, I do like a few other teams that I like to see win , go mad when they score but as FD says I don't loose sleep over them. Id just find it wrong not supporting either of my two sides.

I wasnt really given much of a choice on what team I wanted to support. I was kinda forced to like Man Utd and Football. My Dad is a big cricket fan and never watches football so I always grew up thinking is a boring sport. Even as a kid, I was a better cricketer than a footballer.
But then there was a period in my life where I had to live with my Uncle cuz my parents had to go away for a while. And seeing how he was my only guardian, I was kinda forced to watch football with him and go to games to watch United play. And slowly, I got hooked onto this great sport.
Football has been one of the only things in my life that has cheered me up during bad times and it amazes me even to this day how a simple game of football can control your emotions so well.

Now I'm a football maniac. I love anything thats even related to football or Man Utd. And the more I watch this great sport, I seem to be enjoying and understanding it a higher level.
Nowadays, I seem to enjoy and understand analyzing every detail of a teams formation, strategy and play. Its very interesting when you know how a team is gonna set out to play in each area of the pitch and then seeing their tactics pan out during the game. Which is funny cuz at one time, I thought it was really boring.

ninjabreakz said:
Don't you DARE put Blink 182 and 'Punk Rock' in the same sentence! The Sex Pistols were the only REAL punk band in the world! EVER!

Sick. Man. Totally.

That proves that you didn't understand the slightest thing about the Sex Pistols at all...even John Lydon has often conceded that the Sex Pistols were not a real punk band...only poor Sid Vicious never understood that...the rest of the band were way too smart to take it all seriously like poor Ninjabreakz does...
What was the name of their last album???? "The great Rock and Roll Swindle"....
Not the brightest kid in town Ninja...By the way how old were you in 1976???? I was 14 and you????
You know as much about punk as about the crusades...and don't tell me you read about it.

Conclusion: Blink 182 are as much punk as the Sex Pistols: not at all.

Support Arsenal because it was the first football match I saw on tele, they lost as well. Everyone in the room was an Arsenal fan so heh why not.

No a great story but ho well...

Like watching Barca, they play great football. Most attractive.

Revan said:
FCPorto and that's it. Oh Celta de Vigo as a special place in my heart since they hammered Benfica 7-0. :lol:

You Porto and Sporting supporters talk to much about Celta at that time, but you don't know they had great players like Mostovoi, McCarthy, Karpin, Makélélé, Turdó, Giovanella etc etc and after Benfica was Juve and they trashed it by 4 - 0.

SPiTFiRE said:
in Italy I like Inter, Roma, Fiore, Milan and Juve

LMAO

and you like Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal AND Liverpool? So, basically you just like all the good teams.

The only team I consider myself a supporter of besides Olympiakos is Inter Milan. In every other league there are teams I pull for, but wouldn't say I support them.

Last edited:
One thing is like, another thing is support. I fancy all those clubs because of different reasons as I explained on the English sides.

I don't see the problem with supposrting two or even three teams. I've been watching Man utd for 30 years and also used to watch Stockport County if Utd were away or if they played on a friday night. Now that I live in Japan, I support Gamba Osaka.

Oh.. and Ninja? only one REAL punk band? Have you ever heard of the Ramones, Germs, Dead Kennedys, Damned, etc. They might not have had the media impact that the sex pistols had, but if you were a kid at the time, they were just as real.
I take your point about Blink182 though and all those other shitty bamds that sing happy, brainless shit. The only attitude they have is 'fuck you I'm not doing my homework'

vasilios said:
LMAO

The only team I consider myself a supporter of besides Olympiakos is Inter Milan. In every other league there are teams I pull for, but wouldn't say I support them.

Is this because of the legendary Georgatos?

Ajax ofcourse number one but Barca is my second love because Ajax has great connection with Barca (Cruijff), they have the same filosophy

marukomu said:
I don't see the problem with supposrting two or even three teams. I've been watching Man utd for 30 years and also used to watch Stockport County if Utd were away or if they played on a friday night. Now that I live in Japan, I support Gamba Osaka.

Oh.. and Ninja? only one REAL punk band? Have you ever heard of the Ramones, Germs, Dead Kennedys, Damned, etc. They might not have had the media impact that the sex pistols had, but if you were a kid at the time, they were just as real.
I take your point about Blink182 though and all those other shitty bamds that sing happy, brainless shit. The only attitude they have is 'fuck you I'm not doing my homework'
yes blink 182 are posers just like ninja, thats my point, if you look at his pics he looks like he belongs in blink 182, he has the spikey hair, and the mean looking dog!

Milanista said:
Is this because of the legendary Georgatos?

I actually liked Inter before Georgatos got there (they didn't sign him until 2000 I believe), but he was definitely one of my favorite players on the team once he was there.

Back
Top Bottom