Haze (PS3)

PlayR is on sundays and repeated the following saturday - the multiplayer special was on PlayR Guide while they had a killzone 2 special on PlayR 2

its also repeated during the week randomly and usually uploaded to youtube by kind folk

What channel is PlarTV on?

I didn't realise Gamer TV got axed.

The bloke who presented GamerTV was getting annoying anyway - glad he's gone.

He did the thing I hate with all 'game' programes and trivialised it - things like doing funny voices for voice overs in Japanese etc.

Hopefully PlayR will be better - but I like the one on the actual video game channel on sky (forgot the name and channel! Think its 289) - but they discuss games in a bit more serious fashion. If only my signal didnt keep going off :(

Your talking about X League TV that became Pulse which then turned the games channel into a joke and features crappy content for most of the day.

I liked it at first but Games Night is still the only good thing on that channel.

Your talking about X League TV that became Pulse which then turned the games channel into a joke and features crappy content for most of the day.

I liked it at first but Games Night is still the only good thing on that channel.

Yea, thats it. Is Games Night the hour long debate/review program? If so, thats what I meant :LOL:

Yea thats the one, its on every 2 weeks.

The game looks good and plays quite good too, except for it's hard to get used to gamepad controls for me. I wonder will it be possible to play with mouse+keyboard combination?

Feel the same way mate, seems like a good game just the controller doesn't seem FPS friendly for me.

Got absolutely canned by IGN - 4.5/10

Not gonna bother with this now (I know, one mans review etc - but its what they wrote about that bothers me).

Yeah I know pboreham, had this on preorder but don't think I'll bother now, just cancelled it. Might be a bargain bin title to pick up in a few months.

Have to say I'm gutted. I need my FPS fix and have already played COD4 to death :(( Never liked the look of Quake, so Quake Wars isn't an option either.

Yeah I know pboreham, had this on preorder but don't think I'll bother now, just cancelled it. Might be a bargain bin title to pick up in a few months.

Have to say I'm gutted. I need my FPS fix and have already played COD4 to death :(( Never liked the look of Quake, so Quake Wars isn't an option either.

I know people hate it, but I love 'The Club' - fast, quick arcade action. Might tide you over as it will be budget now?

I've got it pre ordered too, I'm going to read that review now.

I wouldn't even consider IGN reviews anymore, didnt they give PES08 9/10.

Yea, scores you can take with a pinch of salt (due to bias etc), but when you actually read the review, you can tell its not good.

Bad story, bad acting, nothing new, sounds short, MP options dont sound good (apart from Co-Op which I dont care for) etc.

If it got an 8 and those comments I'd still be worried about getting it.

I've cancelled my pre order, sounds terrible.

Got absolutely canned by IGN - 4.5/10

Not gonna bother with this now (I know, one mans review etc - but its what they wrote about that bothers me).
To think you were going bonkers about it as well being one of the PS3's huge exclusives!

It only took me one go on the demo, and I even got the missus (who is a pretty big gamer herself) to play it as well in-case it was me, to decide that it was bad. It would have been passable at best, but that "press L1 every 60 seconds" thing just totally ruined it for me. Seriously, whoever came up with that should be found out so that he never gets work in the games industry again.

Hazeflop.gif

To think you were going bonkers about it as well being one of the PS3's huge exclusives!

It only took me one go on the demo, and I even got the missus (who is a pretty big gamer herself) to play it as well in-case it was me, to decide that it was bad. It would have been passable at best, but that "press L1 every 60 seconds" thing just totally ruined it for me. Seriously, whoever came up with that should be found out so that he never gets work in the games industry again.

Yea, shame its not as good as potentially promised. I didnt mind the Nectar thing and think it added a nice twist (as did plenty of others - plus you didnt HAVE to press it every 60 secs, depends what sort of junkie you are!), but the fact its only used for 3 levels is stupid.

I didnt mind the Nectar thing and think it added a nice twist (as did plenty of others - plus you didnt HAVE to press it every 60 secs, depends what sort of junkie you are!), but the fact its only used for 3 levels is stupid.
Now that I know it's only used for three levels I'm tempted to give it a rent!! :lol:

3 levels and online... not read the review but im still going to get this, offline split screen MP action with bots had me sold. plus i played the demo and think its good fun. (ill be trading euro 2008 as now ive done CYC theres nothing left to do )

i don't trust IGN anyway after they said they had loads of fun on skateboards and picking up hitch hikers on GTA SA - and they always give games they have big exclusives with high scores and the following year they will talk about how bad last years game was and how the new one is even better.

-

EDIT

Read the review

I don't understand why they complained about nectar for a whole page and then they go on to say how it is so amazing and they hated that the ability it taken away from you. :BLINK:

-
It does seem like they've just ran out of time with the game and shipped it at 98% - But I can live with dodgy graphics at times as long as the game plays well.

I can't remember any part of the review where they come right out and say 'this is shit'

They pick on the audio, they pick on graphics, they pick on some dumb AI (which happens in 99% of games) - but they never said this is utter shit.

The demo felt fine to me, i had fun and enjoyed myself and more importantly unlike the reviewer i was sucked into the story and i was left wanting to find out more.

I'll be on here Friday with some thoughts anyway for anyone who would like to read them

Last edited:
I was disapointed with the demo but bloody hell, you lot are reacting a bit OTT, are you not ? How you gonna judge the game with out playing it ? Play it and if you don't like it, return it. Instead of jumping on the "IGN is allways bloody right" bandwagon, how abouts you play the full game. Personally, I thought co-op was dire, so unless multiplayer is decent, i'll return it with no hesitations. One thing i don't like about the actual game is how every weapon has the same zoom, no variation ect. :/ This game has decent potential, I'm just not sure if it's been fufilled.

And I agree 100% Radiation, i don't trust IGN either. The only thing I'd use them is for pics/video ect. I don't go on there much anyway.

I think its the fact that any FPS has to be pretty special to top or come close to COD4. Plus I have UT3 and The Club, I'd say I'm set for FPS's for now.

I was really looking forward to Haze, but if it offers nothing new/exciting above those above then I cannot justify another £40 at a game when I am definately getting GRID, WipeoutHD and MGS4 in the next few weeks.

Maybe when this is sub £20 used I'll have a go.

Until then, I'll wait for all your damning reviews (especially Jays always exciting "Its Shit" in depth analysis) next week!

Do they mention how the online is what options you get or did i miss that?

I was just thinking - as a review that got 0/10 - other than ranting about graphics and audio ive found out nothing new and nothing that will make the game exciting or shite

No mention of how the controls work - if they have keyboard/mouse support - they gloss over the co op part and only briefly mention it as a good part of the game --- so why spend most of the review damming the game?

They hardly if at all even mention how the game plays as the rebels which leads me to think they didn't even play this game fully.

I'm suspecting we have a halo 3 fanboy here!

Only 3 modes - Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Team Objective.

Think the controls are fine - they were in the demo and you could re-define them anyway (I had them set like COD4).

The way I read the review, they didnt really hurt on the GFX and Sound (apart from saying it was low-res - again, something we knew).

What threw it for me was the dumb AI (really dumb like lots of friendly fire, scripted events like you can stand infront of a bad guy and he wont 'see you' until you shoot him), rubbish/cheesy scripting, poor story, they fact it sounds short (story is over 3 days and in that time, your character switches from Killing machine with no morals to humanitarian!).

I dont care for GFX/Sound really - I'd take low-res over smooth/speedy play anyday.

As I say, the issues for me are listed above - I dont care for the IGN score really, just glad he listed these points.

I got sucked in with Army of Two as it looked a little different and a lot of these flaws applied to that.

I want more for my £40 - especially in this spell of games coming out.

Do they mention how the online is what options you get or did i miss that?

I was just thinking - as a review that got 0/10 - other than ranting about graphics and audio ive found out nothing new and nothing that will make the game exciting or shite

No mention of how the controls work - if they have keyboard/mouse support - they gloss over the co op part and only briefly mention it as a good part of the game --- so why spend most of the review damming the game?

They hardly if at all even mention how the game plays as the rebels which leads me to think they didn't even play this game fully.

I'm suspecting we have a halo 3 fanboy here!

Back
Top Bottom