GTR evo(PC) best racing sim

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
Has anyone played this yet? if not then don't bother calling yourself a real racing sim fan as this is one of the most realistic racing sims you can get. it makes forza 2/GT5P look like mario kart in terms of gameplay.

here are some screen shots and a summary of what the game is all about.

evo_15.jpg

2833132515_6b0ecfed0a.jpg

postcardnord005.jpg

capture20080918190236kd4.png

JOIN THE EVOLUTION
The most beautiful GT’s. Extreme versions of the already spectacular World Touring Cars. Exclusive roadcars from prestigious brands. You will find that and much more in GTR Evolution, including the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife, a 20,8km long racetrack in Germany. A racedrivers heaven...

KEY FEATURES AND GAME MODES

* Full version bundle includes RACE 07 - The Official WTCC Game
GTR Evolution includes RACE 07, featuring its official WTCC license and all 2006 and 2007 WTCC cars and tracks. On top of that it comes with the most immersive Formula Car action ever seen.

* In total 49 Unique cars in 12 classes with over 500 variations
GTR Evolution, with RACE 07, combines the elements of racing with touringcars, GT cars, formula cars and sportscars.

* 19 tracks, over 40 different layouts, incl. the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife
From the streets of Macau to the straights of Monza or the Karussell on the Nürburgring Nordschleife; GTR Evolution combined with RACE 07 has them all, closely modelled after their real-life examples.

* GT Championship Frenzy.
26 brand new GT car models in 4 different classes, including a selection of exclusive production cars.

* WTCC Extreme Cars.
Evolution concept cars developed together with the car manufacturers of the WTCC. Rear Wheel Drive, over 600hp in 1000kg cars with extended body-ki

http://www.gtr-evolution.com/index.htm:coolpink:
evo_13.jpg

It looks great, but I remember trying to play the last one with a pad and it was just impossible. So sensitive, I remember reading that you need a steering wheel to play it properly.

Shame nobody develops a decent racing sim for console. All the best sims have been exclusively PC. LFS, Nascar 2003, Race07, GTR. I wish they'd recognise sims can work on console.

All we get on console are pseudo-sims (at best) like Gran Turismo,Forza, Codemasters TOCA games, all of which are thoroughly underwhelming.

The images as you scroll down look like different games. The first image looks nice - The second image looks photo realistic - The third looks like an Xbox game and the last a PS2 title.

Shame nobody develops a decent racing sim for console. All the best sims have been exclusively PC. LFS, Nascar 2003, Race07, GTR. I wish they'd recognise sims can work on console.

All we get on console are pseudo-sims (at best) like Gran Turismo,Forza, Codemasters TOCA games, all of which are thoroughly underwhelming.

simbin are working to port this title over to the 360 based on a new engine called "lizard" (this is still isi's gmotor, the one used since sportscar gt back in 1999, allthough version 2.0)
they say it will be as realistic, hopefully that's true. demo should be due december and the game itself Q1 2009.

the pc version is pretty awesome, looks great in motion, plays fantastic and is really one of the most realistic games around.

The images as you scroll down look like different games. The first image looks nice - The second image looks photo realistic - The third looks like an Xbox game and the last a PS2 title.
This game doesnt have bling bling graphics that you see from gt5p or even from Grid but in terms of gameplay, its like night and day when compared to all the console racing sims.

Seriously, proper racing sim games can only be found on the pc at the moment as mentioned by someone here already and if you have a pc that can run spore, bf2 etc and your a racing fan, you should definetly check this out.

only £18 in shopto which includes another game called race07 as well because this gtr evo is more or less a add-on game.

I did hear that simbin are making a console version BUT i have also heard it may of got canceled?

simbin are working to port this title over to the 360 based on a new engine called "lizard" (this is still isi's gmotor, the one used since sportscar gt back in 1999, allthough version 2.0)
they say it will be as realistic, hopefully that's true. demo should be due december and the game itself Q1 2009.

the pc version is pretty awesome, looks great in motion, plays fantastic and is really one of the most realistic games around.

Yeah, I'd read a few things about a year ago, including an interview with the developers, about how they intended to create the follow up to Race07 as a PC and X360 game. Glad to hear this is still the plan and is nearing fruition. Too bad I've got a PS3, not a 360, but if the sim is good enough, I may be tempted to get a 360 too.

Of the PC sims I've played over the years, there are at least 2 others that I prefer over anything simbin has produced, but 3rd best is still better than having to make do with Codemasters arcade stuff or dreary Gran Turismo. That said, I've never played Race07 so hopefully it was step forward from the GTR game I played about 3-4 years ago, in which the physics felt a bit clunky.

I got it two days ago and have already played over ten hours of it. One of my favourite games at the moment. A big step up from GTR2. What wheel is everyone using? I'm using a Logitech Momo Racing wheel.

I did hear that simbin are making a console version BUT i have also heard it may of got canceled?

development ist still under way, game was playable at gc in august.

what actually was cancelled is the straight port of the first or second GTR ( 2004 / 2006 ), they had plans to bring a pack of both games to the 360 but they dropped that and started working on an own engine

I got it two days ago and have already played over ten hours of it. One of my favourite games at the moment. A big step up from GTR2. What wheel is everyone using? I'm using a Logitech Momo Racing wheel.
im using a g25 wheel. what's your steam name? mine is pinoy_soldier. maybe we can have a race together someday

development ist still under way, game was playable at gc in august.

what actually was cancelled is the straight port of the first or second GTR ( 2004 / 2006 ), they had plans to bring a pack of both games to the 360 but they dropped that and started working on an own engine

Playable? got any vidoes and screenshots of it? i wonder if they will make it identical to the pc version with up to 25 players in a race with practise, quali and race sections of a race. never has been done before as more people tend to not enjoy proper racing sims and enjoy more arcade racers like GRID plus i have never seen a console racing game cater for over 20+ players online. its always 8 players and that's what i hate about console racing games

Last edited:
Well, if they don't water this down and keep it as true a sim as the pc version, then I'm more excited about this game than I've been for years.

Gave up pc gaming years ago, fed up with games written for spec beyond my means. So to have a true sim written for console, knowing I'm getting optimised performance...fantastic!!

Too bad the video doesn't show any proper footage.

Gave up pc gaming years ago, fed up with games written for spec beyond my means. e.

im running grt evo on a 4 year old pc. i bet your pc could easily handle gtr evo unless your running a p3 pc with a vodoo graphics card :):LOL:

here. another pic

Race_Steam2008-09-2115-43-32-52.jpg

Last edited:
:LOL:My laptop is better than that.

Time to upgrade mate, you can get a pretty decent pc for not a lot of money these days.

Actually, I had been half thinking about getting a laptop. I'd rarely play games on it so was thinking just go for a £250 job which will probably be much better than my current pc and do me for basic internet, music, etc.

But if I did want to play any games (specifically, Live For Speed), any idea what a basic minimum laptop spec and price range would do to play that at medium gfx? I did some basic research a month or two back and was thinking around £450-£500, so probably not worth it to play just that one game every now and then...especially if a good racing sim is coming to console.

Well, this is finally released on Xbox 360 this Friday. My order is being prepared for dispatch, so should get it by Thursday.

I bought an Xbox 360 specifically for this game, so it had better be good!

I want a proper sim with realistic physics and handling, a decent damage model, AI worth racing against and good on-line play. Can it deliver?

Can it deliver?

In a word. No

There was a promise of a demo of this game, but it all went quiet, I suspect there wont be a demo until after the game is released, it looks more like an XB game from the screens I have seen, and if you bought an XB360 just for this game, I dont know why.

Well, I didn't buy the 360 just for this game but it was specifically this game that made up my mind to get one.

The lack of the promised demo has seemed a bit suspicious, but I've had this on pre-order since October, so I'm not cancelling now. I'm eager to try it. I need a decent console racer and this has surely got to be better than Gran Turismo and Grid.

In a word. No

There was a promise of a demo of this game, but it all went quiet, I suspect there wont be a demo until after the game is released, it looks more like an XB game from the screens I have seen, and if you bought an XB360 just for this game, I dont know why.
besides the looks what else is wrong with this game? sorry btu graphics are not everything. gameplay comes first for some people especially if your looking for a proper racing sim. not some need for speed/GRID arcade racer.

Look at the original game that this thread was based on. looks like a ps2 game but drives alot more realistic then GT5p and Forza 2. Try it, you may like it if your into racing sims.

Back
Top Bottom