GTA IV Online - PS3

just tried to join Tobi one and kicked me out can access menu from phone now create a game get into it chucks you back.

Down again for us. Tried all the usual methods but nothing. Rockstar need to sort it for everyone pretty soon, it's like it keeps working for half an hour at a time every now and again.

Good laugh guys in free roam some of chases were insane couldnt beleive lasted in battered car for so long. :LOL:

Sorry about last night I had to attend to something, the chases were cool. What do you have to do to get more than 3 stars on the wanted level?

Good laugh guys in free roam some of chases were insane couldnt beleive lasted in battered car for so long. :LOL:
It was top fun wasn't it, I do apologize for deliberately trying to send us flying over the bike handlebars and into the sea though haha, I landed near the edge, down over the wall and I remember seeing you fly off, but at first didn't know where the hell you'd landed! :D

Each time I went up the crane ladders too with the rocket launcher, I couldn't manage to get a chopper out to fire at, boo! Tonight is the night.

Providing the map area is kept small - loving Team Deathmatch!

Take you are online ok with your NTSC then?

You off work today - keep seeing you online (I am working from home and simultaniously testing video formats on the PS3, so thats why you probably keep seeing me go on/offline :LOL:)

If its working, hope to catch you later on or the w/e!

Take you are online ok with your NTSC then?

You off work today - keep seeing you online (I am working from home and simultaniously testing video formats on the PS3, so thats why you probably keep seeing me go on/offline :LOL:)

If its working, hope to catch you later on or the w/e!

I booked it off in advance of the GTA release, luckily the game actually arrived last night. I can see my friends with a "IV" next to their name whenever they are playing so it seems to register when my "PAL" playing friends are online. Just need my Bluetooth headset to arrive now so I can use Comms!

Great moment earlier when I was trying to shoot a guy on one of the other teams and just as I took him out I got mowed down from behind by a random ped in a fast car. D'oh!
Unlocked a new online outfit earlier, I can now run around in just my pants!

It was top fun wasn't it, I do apologize for deliberately trying to send us flying over the bike handlebars and into the sea though haha, I landed near the edge, down over the wall and I remember seeing you fly off, but at first didn't know where the hell you'd landed! :D

Each time I went up the crane ladders too with the rocket launcher, I couldn't manage to get a chopper out to fire at, boo! Tonight is the night.

That was so fun to watch! :LOL:

Gonna try online in a few mins, hope it's working okay still. But it does seem like Rockstar/Sony have finally got it sorted out.

lol that was funny i went straight up in air and landed just above on pavement. :DD

I booked it off in advance of the GTA release, luckily the game actually arrived last night. I can see my friends with a "IV" next to their name whenever they are playing so it seems to register when my "PAL" playing friends are online. Just need my Bluetooth headset to arrive now so I can use Comms!

Great moment earlier when I was trying to shoot a guy on one of the other teams and just as I took him out I got mowed down from behind by a random ped in a fast car. D'oh!
Unlocked a new online outfit earlier, I can now run around in just my pants!

@ spoiler - I saw that today and it freaked me out! Kept trying to shoot you to keep you away :LOL:

Homophobe.

daffyd_thomas.jpg

you were all on at 1am onwards last night?

The bloody thing wouldn't work for me up until midnight so i just went to bed .... bah

Had a death match today with 16 players and won it - though half of them quit after a while

Also played hangmans noose which is a co op 2-4 player game and it was really great fun --- the object is the defend a plane which holds some dude on - then one of your gang has to run off and grab a vehicle - then get back to the plane - and then you all haul ass to get across the city to the safe zone

All the while you have a 3 star wanted level with cops flying in from everywhere

- Quick Q - do you all prefer playing in the party room messing around - or actually playing modes like team deathmatch and so on?

I don't want to create a party room - invite everyone in and then start a mode that half dont give a toss about

- I like the game modes more than just messing around because ill get to unlock things and earn money - but im fine doing either depending on what the masses want

- Is everyone going to be around for a friday night massacre ?

I created a cops and crooks but you left anyway this online a nightmare im trying to join from your invites but saying cant join or session no longer exists knocks me back out.

Think the free-roam lobby is cool to give everyone in and fuck around while waiting for all to join, but definately structured games for me!

you were all on at 1am onwards last night?

The bloody thing wouldn't work for me up until midnight so i just went to bed .... bah

Had a death match today with 16 players and won it - though half of them quit after a while

Also played hangmans noose which is a co op 2-4 player game and it was really great fun --- the object is the defend a plane which holds some dude on - then one of your gang has to run off and grab a vehicle - then get back to the plane - and then you all haul ass to get across the city to the safe zone

All the while you have a 3 star wanted level with cops flying in from everywhere

- Quick Q - do you all prefer playing in the party room messing around - or actually playing modes like team deathmatch and so on?

I don't want to create a party room - invite everyone in and then start a mode that half dont give a toss about

- I like the game modes more than just messing around because ill get to unlock things and earn money - but im fine doing either depending on what the masses want

- Is everyone going to be around for a friday night massacre ?

Has everyone's online rank been reset? Mine and Yana's have been, again. Which is daft really, as when Online was fixed last night all the stats were up-to-date for the first time, ranks were what they should be. Even after having a go earlier, I got up to rank 1 again only to save, quit out, load up (oo-er) and be on rank 0 again.

Anyway, shall be on tonight, swapping over from single to multi and back as usual!

Just to let you lot know that I'm in the process of moving home and I'll be offline anyday and probably for a few days but when I return I'll come packing!

PS: I'll be on tonight though.

Bing - when i joined your match you weren't in the game! there was just me and 3 or 4 random-o's

-

My rank was ok this morning - but then this after noon it was reset - if i go into my online stats though my ranks ok - but ive noticed it not tracked a load of my games - it says ive only won 1 game out of 5 which is bollocks

-

The misses is going out to ASDA with the baby so ill be online for the next hour or so - and then when they return ill be online / offline on and off depending on how our little one is

-

Oh and Pbb - what where you doing in that hangmans noose gane? we were supposed to all get our arses to the safe point - but after a while of nothing i started running after a car to p[ick you up... i got halfway and then you quit so i had to leg it back then

lol

2 moments worth sharing

1 - I was in a chopper high high above Tobi who was below in a car - i ended up flying above him and as he crashed i thought 'ill jump out and see if i can land on his car and freak him out'

So i jump and miss by a mile but my chopper comes crashing down to earth and pulverizes him

2 - me and tobi were just zooming down on a bike then - we hit a ramp... well that was the idea... we hit the wall - tobi flew forwards and squashed me on the front of the bike killing me - just like that ad

Just had some useless cunt trying to make our team lose on purpose in crooks n cops - for the record to vote/kick someone bring up your phone - select phonebook - then that person and pick kick

LOL sorry! I didnt have a fucking clue what was going on -- that is a brilliant mode. How many MP games get a cut scene intro? Genius!

So what is the idea?

Me and kenny were in a swat van and i didnt know what was going on so when a load of police rolled up, I bailed on him (and got mullered).

Then I was in the middle of the airport trying to outrun the police, so I got in a luggage trolly - and again got wasted quickly.

Then... got in a chopper to come and find you all, but got taken down by a police chopper.

THink that was all my lives gone, so I was watching you all for a bit - seems one group was in a safe zone and you were going to get a car (you got a blue one, then promptly smashed it into a wall :LOL:)...

So, complete madness, but great fun!

Hope everyone mics up soon.

Oh, I had to go as missus called me for Tea, otherwise I would have stuck around. Took loads of invites for me to finally get in, so gutted to have to go so quick :(

Bing - when i joined your match you weren't in the game! there was just me and 3 or 4 random-o's

-

My rank was ok this morning - but then this after noon it was reset - if i go into my online stats though my ranks ok - but ive noticed it not tracked a load of my games - it says ive only won 1 game out of 5 which is bollocks

-

The misses is going out to ASDA with the baby so ill be online for the next hour or so - and then when they return ill be online / offline on and off depending on how our little one is

-

Oh and Pbb - what where you doing in that hangmans noose gane? we were supposed to all get our arses to the safe point - but after a while of nothing i started running after a car to p[ick you up... i got halfway and then you quit so i had to leg it back then

No comment.

I was distracted by my partner's choice of clothing of lack their of.

I'll be back on after I've listened to 1UP Yours.

Last edited:
How many MP games get a cut scene intro?

That i knowof...

Deal Breaker - the object i think is we all get to a location - kill everyone and take the money - at the end a few men will try to escape so you have to split up and track them down or its a failed mission

hangmans noose - see a few posts back

bomb da base II - Only had 1 attempt at this and it was really tough though it was set to 'hard' - i cant remember the first step... but the second step we had to all jump into a chopper and then land and take out a ship - it hinted that one of us might want to get off early to snipe as the rest go in (seems much easier if 1 goes in and 3 snipe as the 1 runs back) - after that i think you climb on the ship and plant your bombs then run but we didnt get that far

=

Right i'm online now - mic enabled - misses and little one are in bed - anyone around wanting a game?

I keep sending out invites but either no one joins or 1 person joins and i don't know what to do then - start a game with others or just free roam in case everyone else wanted to join but was in the middle of a mission or something.

i wish we could bleeding have in game XMB so we could just say 'i cant at the moment' or 'ill be on in 15... wait'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom