GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

Thats frankly a disgrace and i have written to them to express my disgust. Why should people buying the disc get it as extra? We paid the same price for the DLC!

I might go as far as saying i'm not getting it unless the DLC version gets the Vice City FM radio station as an add-on. I agree that it's out of order to have it as an exclusive on the disc version.

Only on the disc version -

Neneh Cherry - "Buffalo Stance"
Swing Out Sister - "Breakout"
Robbie Nevil - "C'est La Vie"
Roachford - "Cuddly Toy (Feel for Me)"
Narada Michael Walden - "Divine Emotions"
Five Star - "Find the Time"
T'Pau - "Heart and Soul"
Mai Tai - "History"
Nu Shooz - "I Can't Wait"
Texas - "I Don't Want a Lover"
Marillion - "Kayleigh"
Hue and Cry - "Labour of Love"
Climie Fisher - "Love Changes (Everything)"
Hall & Oates - "Maneater"
Curiosity Killed the Cat - "Misfit"
Coldcut & Lisa Stansfield - "People Hold On"
Level 42 - "Something About You"
Jeffrey Osborne - "Stay With Me Tonight"
Womack & Womack - "Teardrops"
Roxette - "The Look"
Re-Flex - "The Politics of Dancing"
'Til Tuesday - "Voices Carry"
Boy Meets Girl - "Waiting for a Star to Fall"
Prefab Sprout - "When Love Breaks Down"
Terence Trent D'Arby - "Wishing Well"
Wet Wet Wet - "Wishing I Was Lucky"
Scritti Politti - "Wood Beez (Pray Like Aretha Franklin)"
John Farnham - "You're the Voice"

Paying twice for the same thing = double fail

:P

Haha. Well I dont know about you, but €15 aint much to me, so I'm not exactly bothered, plus GTA is probably one of the instances that it's worth it. Overall I'll have paid about €80 for the original game and the two add-ons. I'll be lucky if I dont spend near double that out on the beer tonight, so I think it was worth it. Last me longer than 8 hours on the booze anyway. ;)

Vice City FM is quality :D

Really enjoying TBOGT, Rockstar have done well putting out proper DLC as opposed to just adding a new car or something rubbish.

I still haven't played the other DLC, hoping that's good as well.

I just completed the storyline of The Ballad of Gay Tony... what a fantastic bit of DLC.

GTA IV really is what the rest of next-gen gaming has to live up to - the level of detail and effort put into every aspect of it is staggering.
The city, the storyline, the characters (including great voice acting), the gameplay/physics, the sounds, the humour, the radio stations... Everything feels like pride has been taken in it and like the guys at R* really cared about giving us a finished product.
Then they proceeded to give us two brilliant DLCs, proper downloads, unlike a lot of stuff for other games where you have to pay for insignificant cosmetic things.

Too many other games these days are rushed out for a holiday/Christmas release, unfinished, and then a half-arsed patch is released and we have to put up with a sub-standard game until the next version where the exact same thing is done.

The ending to TBoGT, where you jump out of the plane and parachute down to where Tony is was a magnificent way to end GTA IV - Having that stunning view over the city with that tune playing in the background. It just struck home how epic the game is.

I'm eagerly anticipating the next GTA game, hopefully we get some news on it fairly soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wherever the next GTA is set, we can be sure it will have the usual R* design quality and attention to detail... The maps in GTA are the best in any game imo :).

GTA London would be quality. Much better than GTA Manchester. Every time you go to nick a car you'd find it's got no ruddy steering wheel in.

but was a pretty shite game overall.

but a uk based gta would be awesome, true.

prague wouldn't be that bad either.

about the strong rumours, any sources? just curious

I think the next GTA will be an American city, as that's where it works best. I'm predicting a return to Vice City (Miami) in the modern day or maybe Las Vegas.

Yeah I dont think Manchester would be a great setting to be honest. I suppose Moss Side would be an appropriate gang area and you'd be able to bump people off in the ship canal (like on Corrie) but if it was going to be in England I think London would be much better, it's just more vast and suited to the game.

Back
Top Bottom