GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

Ha, Been playing for 2 minutes and within 1 minute of driving a car the controls went STRAIGHT BACK to classic (X - Accelarate, [] - Brake etc)

Judging by the box mine is the NTSC version, fingers crossed for what happens online....

I tried 15 (no joke) shops in town today looking for this having come to terms with regretting not going at midnight on Monday and NOWHERE had it.

Have since come back and tried a further three.

I've covered GAME, Gamestation, Zavvi, HMV, Woolies, WH Smith, Curries, Asda , Tesco, Blockbuster.. anyone got any bloody clue who's gonna still have this or has anyone who hasn't got it by now had it for a while?

I tried 15 (no joke) shops in town today looking for this having come to terms with regretting not going at midnight on Monday and NOWHERE had it.

Have since come back and tried a further three.

I've covered GAME, Gamestation, Zavvi, HMV, Woolies, WH Smith, Curries, Asda , Tesco, Blockbuster.. anyone got any bloody clue who's gonna still have this or has anyone who hasn't got it by now had it for a while?

Same as. If anyone in Brum knows where I can get a copy let me know.

It's unreal.

I've never known a game to be so vastly out of stock. Mate of mine who went to a midnight launch at Tesco heard the woman at the desk saying they had 35 copies per console and that was it until the next shipment and apparently a lot of places are the same.

That's a joke, if true. The most highly anticipated game of all time and stores are getting 35 copies per console? That's 70 copies per store.. unreal.

Check AVForums, people there are selling it and can't sell for more than RRP. My mate just got a 360 copy today for £42 delivered.

Just been over there and a lot of people suggesting Morrisons as a sort of 'forgotten place' for games. Just called my local one and they've said they're out of stock but are getting a new delivery during the night which MAY contain copies.

:l1: to hail a cab and hold :triangle: to enter as a passenger.

Ha, Been playing for 2 minutes and within 1 minute of driving a car the controls went STRAIGHT BACK to classic (X - Accelarate, [] - Brake etc)

Judging by the box mine is the NTSC version, fingers crossed for what happens online....

Glad you got it at last!

Dont freak out if you cannot get online and think its the NTSC version - everyone is struggling to get online at the mo on PS3...

Any idea on why I cant seem to get a taxi ?

Maybe im too early in the game ?

I had this problem until tonight - you need to get to the stage where you have to do a mission for someone (not saying who in this non-spolier thread) - it's early on - once you do you can hail taxis with LB.

Don't know if this has already been posted, been too busy playing GTA. :mryellow:

YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'VE BEEN GRAND THEFT AUTOED

only in a America....... oh wait :)

and this idiot should be tarred and feathered

Keith Vaz, the Labour MP for Leices-ter East and a long-time campaigner against video games, told The Times: “[ Grand Theft Auto] is a violent and nasty video game and it doesn’t surprise me that some of those who play it behave in this way.”

I had this problem until tonight - you need to get to the stage where you have to do a mission for someone (not saying who in this non-spolier thread) - it's early on - once you do you can hail taxis with LB.

Cheers mate, I really should be futher with the missions but I cant help but go around exploring!

OMG i dont believe this shit, LOL i just got the fucking 3 red lights!!!!! cant believe this shit man damm it!! this is the 5th time it fucked up on me. thats it nomore 360. i'l get this repaired but im gunna buy a ps3 or build a new gaming pc. fuck this. nice knowing you lot. but fuck this im not gunna spend a dime on this piece of shit

i was trying to play gta4 and it kept freezing then eventualy BAM im fucked. 3 red lights. amazing

edit: ehh hold on a second it works again? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i left ti for 5mins and bam its working now? the piece of shit must of read my post above! im still thinking of ditching it because i dont trust it anymore.

nope: its fucked again, keeps freezing now. its fucked

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith Vaz, the Labour MP for Leices-ter East and a long-time campaigner against video games, told The Times: “[ Grand Theft Auto] is a violent and nasty video game and it doesn’t surprise me that some of those who play it behave in this way.”

My day consists of joyriding, killing people, drugs and going to strip clubs.... I just thought that was the norm!

Dunno what the deal is with the system volume

First time I played it was ok except conversations were drowned out by in car music or SFX.

Just reloaded after signing out and now its way too quiet and had to crank the TV volume right up?

Is there a way in game to set it so that when you are playing multiplayer - the names of the people speaking flash up?

I know it has a little sign in the little coloured blob above the player - when you can see them. But I jsut wanted to know if you could have it come up on the screen when anybody speaks?

Just that there are so many people speaking sometimes it would be nice to know who it was. :DD

so is the general consensus that this is the best gta ever and that in some cases no other game that has come out before it can match it all ?

i'm honestly starting to think (BECAUSE OF IT"S SCOPE) that it's the best game ever made.

Ocarina of Time might be a distant second IMHO

I think its best GTA so far everything adds up to make one hell of game.

This is the first next gen GTA we have to remember going to be very interesting what they produce in future.

Dunno what the deal is with the system volume

First time I played it was ok except conversations were drowned out by in car music or SFX.

Just reloaded after signing out and now its way too quiet and had to crank the TV volume right up?

The volume of the game is too low, I have to crank up the volume on my TV.

Anyone else seen R*'s 12 step guide to solve the lock ups on the PS3 version, they are having a laugh if they think I'm going to delete my save file and disable the internet.

Back
Top Bottom