1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Greatest Football Stadium Ever?...

Discussion in 'Football' started by EatonTJ, 13 December 2006.

1. EatonTJ

EatonTJ Why Today Doesn't Suck. Staff

11 April 2002
    Well this topic is a bit misleading as the stadium is for the Dallas Cowboys... an American Football team, BUT still take a looksee because you could easily imagine some proper football being played in this awe-inspiring stadium.

Things to check out:
    1. The sheer number of luxury boxes.
    2. The field level suites and "Bunker Club" where you sit where the players congregate before and after the game... pretty cool.
    3. The 60 yard long jumbotron/scoreboard... wow.

This stadium is on par with some of the most expensive stadiums being built/in existence in the world... including the stadiums in China for the Olympics and of course New Wembley.

I personally think Cowboy stadium will be better than New Wembley for either type of football, because New Wembley suffers a slight loss of character for being a stadium made to be a jack of all trades (concerts, Olympics, sports, etc.).

Anyway, here is the link for Cowboy stadium:
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/graphics/1206/stadium/

And here is the link for Wembley:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wembley_Stadium

And here is the link for Stanley Park (They really need to make more luxury suites to make that money, hope the plans change):
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/newstadium/#

Beijing National Stadium:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_National_Stadium

2. Dermot

Dermot Banned

13 August 2002
    New York
    Arsenal
  3. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    I don't see how it will be effected that much, if it were to have a track around it I would agree with you. That is a great stadium the cowboys are building, but one flaw with many US stadia is the fact the ends are not always completed. I noticed it had a part about expansion but do what Man U have done, fill the corners for more space, don't leave big ends missing at each end. This reduces the atmosphere and look to a great stadium IMO.

The fact you live in Dallas doesn't sway your decision by any means though. :p

Nothing will ever beat the atmoshpere at boghaed, Dumbartons old ground. The name itself done it no justice. ;)

http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~jblair/groundsfornostalgia/boghead.jpg

4. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    The Beijing National Stadium looks secksy.

5. IceMan_Bergkamp

IceMan_Bergkamp Total Football

9 December 2002
    London, Toronto
    Arsenal
    Salt Lake Stadium (India)

[​IMG]

probably used for cricket anyway.. hehe :lol:

Come on Monty!

6. Dermot

Dermot Banned

13 August 2002
    New York
    Arsenal
    I don't think I'd be able to run around that track, I'd start off by that little square there in the foreground and probably make it as far as the goalposts in the background then burst a valve in the heart and collapse.

7. hutch

hutch Beaten by Chris Wright

5 January 2003
    I hate all these new stadiums. They all look the same. In the middle of some retail park off a motorway. It's shit that they're scrapping Anfield for such a futuristic looking piece of shit. Bring back real stadiums banged in the middle of terraced streets.

8. Ad16

Ad16 Premiership

13 November 2006
    I like this one personally...

Signal Iduna Park (Westfalenstadion), home of Borussia Dortmund.

[​IMG]

9. Alucard

Alucard Guest

I'm not much of a fan of these new these new high tech staduims myself. It seems fashionable in the states these days to build brand new state of the art stadiums. The owners usaully threaten to move the team to another town if the current city doesn't provide if not all, most of the funding. I think the staduims look good, but the corporate boxes, the expensive lounges is everything that is wrong with the sport already!

10. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    One of the best stadia around today, the atmosphere looks and sounds amazing at this ground.

11. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    Edgeley park, Stockport. May not be the best but it's the best in my heart.
    I remember when I was a kid, there would be about 4 balls per game that went out of the ground. There was a scramble as loads of kids raced behind the social club to see if they could get a ball.

12. Blue4life

Blue4life Banned

23 December 2006
    Ireland
    The Mighty Everton f.c.
    personally for pure legendary status probaly the old wembley stadium london.\\:o/

13. FyNoMeNoN

FyNoMeNoN League 2

3 July 2006
    Egypt
    Ahly
    Cairo International Stadium..Best Stadium Ever.. Takes 150000 people...Wait till u see tha environment of this stadium when its full in tha matches..It's host of African Cup Of Nations 2006 which Egypt win

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 December 2006
  14. Ad16

Ad16 Premiership

13 November 2006
    Personally I don't like those big open stadia. Whatever the capacity I just don't think it would have the same atmosphere as a pure football stadium.

15. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    Cairo doesn't hold 150,000 people either

16. FyNoMeNoN

FyNoMeNoN League 2

3 July 2006
    Egypt
    Ahly
    Cairo Internatiol Stadium does hold 100,000 - 120,000.. not 150,000 tho

17. Alucard

Alucard Guest

The stands are too far away from the pitch in those type of stadiums.

18. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Azteca in Mexico City is probably my favourite.

19. FyNoMeNoN

FyNoMeNoN League 2

3 July 2006
    Egypt
    Ahly
    Yes this is true.. i'm amazed to see in tha english Premier League when tha people hug tha players and r realy close to tha pitch as if they're inside it.. its realy tight !! but that never happens in Egypt

20. Alucard

Alucard Guest

Well at least you have a beautiful country with beautiful people. Cant say the same about england I'm afraid.

21. Ad16

Ad16 Premiership

13 November 2006
    What exactly is that supposed to mean Alucard?

22. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    Camp Nou and Bernabeau have gotta be up there, for sheer size and history

the New Wembley will probably be the best stadium in the world, and judging from the pics, it's absolutely massive

any stadium with a running track cannout be considered a great football stadium, but as just a stadium for all purposes some are great, I love the Olympiastadion in Berlin

23. Ad16

Ad16 Premiership

13 November 2006
    Yeah me too. This is one of my favorite stadiums to play a PES match in.

The New Wembly is nearly finished now, and like you said it will probably be the best football stadium in the world when it opens.

24. Burak_FB1907

Burak_FB1907 Conference

18 August 2005
    hertfrodshire
    Kenilworth Road when it was astro-turf with the terraces

25. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    eatonj have you seen the cardinals new stadium, holly shit!

26. PetrovLFC

PetrovLFC Raul!

13 March 2005
    NW London
    Liverpool
    Well its all a matter of opinion, and sometimes bias ;)

So I'm gonna say Wembley (OLD and New). Not only for its tech, and its aesthetics, but everything it stands for. It known across the world (unlike American stadiums) and it has hosted every major football tournament. WC, European Championship, European Cup, FA Cup, and not to mention the Olympics.

The old stadium was becoming an embarrassment by today's standard.

The new Wembley despite its delays, is a fitting replacement. The stands are now much closer to the action, and with the increased capability, designed for louder accoustics, the leg room, the comfort, shadow considerations etc. And it just looks so epic on the London Skyline.

27. OPM

OPM ... Staff

2 June 2003
    Budapest
    highbury for me. not the biggest, not the loudest, but for me for sure the nicest. :)

28. introuble

introuble WE9 editing begginer

17 November 2005
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    Fortaleza,Sao Paulo, Ajax
    i think you forgot something guys: wich is the only stadium that has reached a 200k people attendance ever? MARACANÃ.

the noise of the crowd is deafening and thrilling, the pitch is amazing, the best i've ever seen, and it's the sanctuary of 'monsters' of football like Pelé and Zico.

camp nou is amazing too, but maracanã is still the best!

29. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    they need to fix it up, before it can be considered great again. Its become very rundow in recent years no?

30. tiagu

tiagu Benfica fan&PES6 adicted

23 June 2006
    Portugal - Algarve
    SL Benfica
    Old "Estadio da Luz" and the New "Estadio da Luz", in case people dont know the new Emirates Stadium from Arsenal is just a fancy copy of the the stadium da Luz made in 2004 for Euro and whit a capacity of 65000. The old stadium can can handle 120,000 people that was great and it was best know as "Inferno da Luz" or "Catedral"

Peace ;)