Greatest Football Stadium Ever?...

Old "Estadio da Luz" and the New "Estadio da Luz", in case people dont know the new Emirates Stadium from Arsenal is just a fancy copy of the the stadium da Luz made in 2004 for Euro and whit a capacity of 65000. The old stadium can can handle 120,000 people that was great and it was best know as "Inferno da Luz" or "Catedral"

Peace ;)

Err no, the Luz is a copy of the Emirates. The Emirates was designed first, way back in 1999. It was supposed to open originally in 2003 but the local residents put paid to that.

Just have a look at this baby:

Reliant.png

Arena could be great if it looked like this:

arena3eringsmalleruw0.jpg

This pic includes the third ring they are planning to build. The capacity will go up to 60.000

I'm sure you will not agree with me robin but personally i really love "de Kuip" for me it has to be among the best stadiums in the world together with Anfield and Mestella.

Recent stadiums i like: Estadio do Dragao in Porto and Schalke Arena...and of course the Allianz Arena. But all in all i still prefer the older stadiums...much more atmosphere...i don't like football matches played in stadiums with Athletic tracks around it.

I'm sure you will not agree with me robin but personally i really love "de Kuip" for me it has to be among the best stadiums in the world together with Anfield and Mestella.

I hate to say this but you are right. I just seems Ajax doesn't like theire fans and punish us by giving us this half-finished concert hal.

I do like a lot the Amsterdam Arena :)

arena1.jpg

800pxamsterdamarenabm0.jpg

Edit)Sorry Robin... I've been able not to see your post mate :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Remeber the Old "Estadio da Luz" whit 127,000 capacity since 1985, it was one of the biggest stadiums, it wasnt so beutifull but it was massive, and the effect of croud it cant be described:
x_luz1.jpg

wall_5_800.jpg

luz5.jpg

Luz.jpg

estdaluz06.jpg

benfica_1.jpg

benfica1990_6.jpg

benfica1990.jpg

Then in 2002 it was demolished to give place for the new stadium for Euro 2004

Just have a look at this baby:

Reliant.png

That's only a block away from my house.

It is indeed a fantastic venue for watching anything. Retractable roof and steep, almost vertical sitting give every fan a nice view. Only problem they seem to have is with the pitch. I've never seen it in good condition. Probably because they are constantly moving it in and out of the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom