Grand Theft Auto 5

Well, to me the graphics looked really surpassing for a PS3 game.
Maybe my impression might have been that big because I was playing the PES 2015 demo before :P

I second that. I couldn't finish the story on PS3 coz of the graphics. But on PS4 it's way better.Less stutter while speed driving but it's still happens to a lesser degree.More traffic and npcs onscreen make it more realistic. You feel like in a real city.
I'll get it on PC but not on release.

If you thought the PS3 graphics were "great" then I'm not sure what to say :LOL:

The graphics in the next-gen version are a LOT better, but that's not hard as the PS3/360 looks terrible in my opinion.

Let me guess:
Graphics are shitty, because on your PC System you have seen a lot of better graphics in the meantime... :facepalm:
This PC / console comparrison doe not make any sense at all, as the base is constantly changing for PCs, which it does not for consoles.

Compared to other PS3 games, the graphics of GTA V on PS3 are quite good, especially when considering you play in such a big open world.

And when it comes to GTA V PS4 - the graphics are better compared to PS3 version. But the difference is not that much that you would say it's a game changing difference - except the first person view.

In the end the game will look best on PC with highend graphic cards / components, no question. But it is not comparable, due to the fact this machine will cost double or three times of a PS4 / Xbone - makes no sense at all... ;)

I didn't play that much on PS3 I will be honest..

Last of Us, Heavy Rain and a couple of others.. All completely playable graphically.

But I tried to play GTA 5 on PS3 and I just couldn't the graphics on it are an absolute shocker, Last of Us looked amazing on PS3 and only a few very low res textures and lack of AA let the game down...
But GTA 5 was a joke, everything lacked detail and character models reminded me of playing a PS2 game.

Last of Us, Heavy Rain and a couple of others.. All completely playable graphically.

But I tried to play GTA 5 on PS3 and I just couldn't the graphics on it are an absolute shocker, Last of Us looked amazing on PS3 and only a few very low res textures and lack of AA let the game down...
But GTA 5 was a joke, everything lacked detail and character models reminded me of playing a PS2 game.
Exactly why I stopped playing it.

Exactly, some PS3 games look great like Heavy Rain. GTA looks far from great in my opinion.

Let me guess:
Graphics are shitty, because on your PC System you have seen a lot of better graphics in the meantime... :facepalm:
This PC / console comparrison doe not make any sense at all, as the base is constantly changing for PCs, which it does not for consoles.

Compared to other PS3 games, the graphics of GTA V on PS3 are quite good, especially when considering you play in such a big open world.

And when it comes to GTA V PS4 - the graphics are better compared to PS3 version. But the difference is not that much that you would say it's a game changing difference - except the first person view.

In the end the game will look best on PC with highend graphic cards / components, no question. But it is not comparable, due to the fact this machine will cost double or three times of a PS4 / Xbone - makes no sense at all... ;)
Double yes.

Either way GTA on consoles looks average at best

TBH I thought it looked great on PS3 and a big improvement on PS4, will be buying the PC version, I'd say the only thing that lets it down is the faces which seem to be poor in terms of texturing/shading etc. compared to other modern PC games.

Seriously thinking about getting a new graphics card for GTA on the PC.

The mods on it will be amazing and make the game look absolutely stunning.

I'd need a CPU and graphics card though so it might cost a bit.

If it ends up getting any kind of VR headset support on the PC, I think I might have to sell my house to upgrade everything.

I'd LOVE that, and with the first person camera, it seems close.

Exactly why I stopped playing it.

Exactly, some PS3 games look great like Heavy Rain. GTA looks far from great in my opinion.

Just Two words: Graphic whores! ;)

Those games like Heavy Rain or TLOU can not compared to GTA due to their "world" - of course some games definetly look much better, but there you are playing mainly in a limited world, where is less action / activity on the screen compared to GTA V.
No surprise that those games look better in details.

Reading that graphics stopped someone to play the game is ridiculous.
Even a comparisson to a PS2 game is hilarious. Compare GTA SA and GTA V and tell me it looks similar.
Even the best looking games on PS2 (RE4, GoW2, MGS2 & 3) are miles behind GTA V.
This is the biggest bullshit I have read here for a long time.

Of course this is not the graphic reference on PS3, but saying this looks crappy or shocking is the real joke.

My suggestion, if you are focused on shiny graphics like that - never touch any console anymore and just stay on your PC and take all your money to keep it updated with latest highend graphic cards... ;)

Only an opinion..

But don't worry I never do touch my console..

And to say PC's are expensive, is the typical attitude every console gamer has... Do the maths, a console lasts 5 years and you buy a game a month at £40, a PC costs £700, but games cost £20 a game for the same game.
£350 + £2400 = £2750
£700 + £1200 = £1900
Now which one is actually cheaper over it's lifetime...

Last edited:
Only an opinion..

And to say PC's are expensive, is the typical attitude every console gamer has... Do the maths, a console lasts 5 years and you buy a game a month at £40, a PC costs £700, but games cost £20 a game for the same game.
£350 + £2400 = £2750
£700 + £1200 = £1900
Well not quite. You need to upgrade your gpu every 2 years at least

Only an opinion..

£350 + £2400 = £2750
£700 + £1200 = £1900

Since year 3 your games on PC don't look much better than on PS4 oder Xbone, so you have to upgrade your system, if you want to have shiny graphics again ;)

I don't buy each month a triple A title. due to the fact I have not enough time and there are not so much games right now that interest me.
But I have the opportunity to buy retail games, which you don't have on PC.
After all I just checked current prices here in Germany via Amazon:

PES 2015
PC = 39€
PS4 = 55€

Far Cry 4
PC = 55€
PS4 = 59€

FIFA 15
PC = 54€
PS4 = 55€

Dragon Age Inquisition
PC = 54€
PS4 = 59€

COD advanced Warfare
PC = 54€
PS4 = 59€

AC Unity
PC = 54€
PS4 = 59€

GTA V
PC = 59€ (not available >> pre-order)
PS4 = 59€

So, here is no 50% lower price for current PC version of the games...

Well not quite. You need to upgrade your gpu every 2 years at least

Every 2 years is a little exaggerated imo.
I´ve bought a Radeon HD 6950 end of 2010 and I used it up for Far Cry 3, CoD Blackops 2 and BF 4 (not maxed out of course, but medium, still playable and good looking).

Bought a PC Radeon R9 290 a few months ago and sold my HD 6950 for 70 €.

If you wanna be up to date all the time, ok, then you have to spend more money, but in my case it was totally enough to have some nice experiences on gameplay.

Since year 3 your games on PC don't look much better than on PS4 oder Xbone, so you have to upgrade your system, if you want to have shiny graphics again ;)

I don't buy each month a triple A title. due to the fact I have not enough time and there are not so much games right now that interest me.
But I have the opportunity to buy retail games, which you don't have on PC.
After all I just checked current prices here in Germany via Amazon:

PES 2015
PC = 39€
PS4 = 55€

Far Cry 4
PC = 55€
PS4 = 59€

FIFA 15
PC = 54€
PS4 = 55€

Dragon Age Inquisition
PC = 54€
PS4 = 59€

COD advanced Warfare
PC = 54€
PS4 = 59€

AC Unity
PC = 54€
PS4 = 59€

GTA V
PC = 59€ (not available >> pre-order)
PS4 = 59€

So, here is no 50% lower price for current PC version of the games...

Well, if you want a dust collector in your rack, then okay.

But digital purchaes are a lot cheaper.

Bought FIFA 15 for 35 €, PES 2015 for 26 €.
Far Cry 4 on MMOGA is 39,99 €.
CoD AW is for 39 €
and so on...

So PC games can be cheaper ;)

i know such talk is not welcome but many people on pc do not buy their single player games at all....they go get jack sparrow and his mates in the caribbean to get them copies from the seas for very cheap price hehehe

Well the same applies to PS3/360 owners as well, but I would say that piracy numbers are decreasing as PC games are getting cheaper and cheaper and digital distribution services are becoming the norm. Unfortunately Steam doesn't share sales data which in one way shoots themselves in the foot because unless people know how many games are being sold on PC they will always assume that piracy is as bad on PC as it ever was.

well thats true a few months after release one can pick up AAA titles on pc for £15 or so...though console games drop also a ps4 game might only be £30-35 after its drop....

Then theres the used games options also for consoles so can decrease costs also.

THough if you dont need to get online for multiplayer there is no reason for a pc user not to pirate the game unless he has a conscience etc lol

Not that much effort in most new games.

mmm not really some good games mustve spent a lot of money and time to make tbh.

Batman arkhim games
infamous games
deus ex hr
etc

many great games thing is there are so many games these days people say many chit games but with so many games and generic ones thats the issue

Back
Top Bottom