Got The PES 2008 Today

GWADanny

Non-League
3 September 2007
Hi, i finally got PES 2008 today after ordering it last friday :( I have been reading all your comments and posts about PES and the different opinions you all have, and problems :( I installed it as soon as it arrived and i have to say it has some good new features and little touches, i made a player by scanning my face lol \\:o/ then went on an exhibition and i was gutted, the play was not smooth at all, it was normal then slowed then normal then slow again even though my frame rate was 50 and my CPU usage & RAM were not even being used much, my PC is just above the recommended system, this just wasn't a couple of times it was constant, i tried with different team and it was slightly better for some reason but still was bad, in the system setting you cant even change GFX or anything :( wtf ? any1 elce getting this or is it just me ?
btw my pc's specs are
Manufacturer:
TriGem Computer NETHERLANDS
Processor:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
1024MB RAM
Hard Drive:
246 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS/XT

Last edited:
Do you think it might be the reading from the copy-protected DVD whilst in game that is making it jitter? I just don't see why your specs would cause jitter. Mine is smooth and I have an x800xt gfx card, which I believe is worse than yours.

Try disabling V-Sync in the settings, I had very fast gameplay and turning V-Sync off has got my game running nicely.

(to change graphic settings go to your PES2008 installation folder and double click the settings icon)

i may try installing it again, if its fine like that for everyone then its my disc :(

Ok i sorted it out, thanks for the help, the settings were on high, and in the cut screens my FPS dropped to something like 9 i say something like, it actually was 9 :( which isn't good, i tried different stadiums and it was worst on the konami stadium ^^ it run better on others, Konami stadium must be more detailed or something, anyway just put the settings on medium and it is perfect now. I thought i would be able to play on high because it didnt show using too much CPU or Ram but anyway i prefer better gameplay to gfx :) hope to play you guys online soon :)

BTW DONT UNTICK FRAME SKIPPING IT MAKES IT RUN IN SLOW MOTION OR SOMETHING LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom