1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Got The PES 2008 Today

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by GWADanny, 2 November 2007.

1. GWADanny

GWADanny Non-League

3 September 2007
    Hi, i finally got PES 2008 today after ordering it last friday :( I have been reading all your comments and posts about PES and the different opinions you all have, and problems :( I installed it as soon as it arrived and i have to say it has some good new features and little touches, i made a player by scanning my face lol \\:o/ then went on an exhibition and i was gutted, the play was not smooth at all, it was normal then slowed then normal then slow again even though my frame rate was 50 and my CPU usage & RAM were not even being used much, my PC is just above the recommended system, this just wasn't a couple of times it was constant, i tried with different team and it was slightly better for some reason but still was bad, in the system setting you cant even change GFX or anything :( wtf ? any1 elce getting this or is it just me ?
    btw my pc's specs are
    Manufacturer:
    TriGem Computer NETHERLANDS
    Processor:
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory:
    1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive:
    246 GB
    Video Card:
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS/XT

Last edited: 2 November 2007
  2. Houldey

Houldey League 1

11 July 2006
    Do you think it might be the reading from the copy-protected DVD whilst in game that is making it jitter? I just don't see why your specs would cause jitter. Mine is smooth and I have an x800xt gfx card, which I believe is worse than yours.

3. nathcrow

nathcrow Non-League

3 June 2006
    Try disabling V-Sync in the settings, I had very fast gameplay and turning V-Sync off has got my game running nicely.

(to change graphic settings go to your PES2008 installation folder and double click the settings icon)

4. GWADanny

GWADanny Non-League

3 September 2007
    i may try installing it again, if its fine like that for everyone then its my disc :(

5. GWADanny

GWADanny Non-League

3 September 2007
    Its set to use frame skipping wtf is that lol should i untick that ?

6. GWADanny

GWADanny Non-League

3 September 2007
    Ok i sorted it out, thanks for the help, the settings were on high, and in the cut screens my FPS dropped to something like 9 i say something like, it actually was 9 :( which isn't good, i tried different stadiums and it was worst on the konami stadium ^^ it run better on others, Konami stadium must be more detailed or something, anyway just put the settings on medium and it is perfect now. I thought i would be able to play on high because it didnt show using too much CPU or Ram but anyway i prefer better gameplay to gfx :) hope to play you guys online soon :)

BTW DONT UNTICK FRAME SKIPPING IT MAKES IT RUN IN SLOW MOTION OR SOMETHING LOL :)