Goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
piss off then judas, ive been playing pro evo since playstation one and ill never go back, just goes to what an amateur you are. You dont deserve to be called wolf

chip said:
piss off then judas, ive been playing pro evo since playstation one and ill never go back, just goes to what an amateur you are. You dont deserve to be called wolf

:nono: Just let the man leave in peace if he want's to. No reason to stone him for it. From his post, I did not see anything wrong with what he said or how he said it, cause its his opinion/frustation. At least he had the courtesy to say goodbye. After all he's been a long time member here.

As I've said before, there NO reason why FIFA can't get better than WE/PES. Maybe not in '06, but if Konami keep sitting on their asses, it could eventually happen. If it does, then there'll be a lot more people doing what wolf has done, and some of you who criticised him, could end up being the ones switching camp.

Thats all.

laughing-a.JPG

FD

I agree with Wolf, but I will never switch to Fifa06, cause its not as good as WE9.
Maybe Fifa07 ? Who knows. Dont you think, that Konami is becoming more arogant than EA ? Wolf is right. They make 3 versions of the same game every year, they made a big money, when you consider the amount of copies they sold, but every year they say: We dont have enough money. They are just lying. If it goes that way and Fifa will continue on improving, maybe one day we will all go to the dark side.
BTW I played Fifa demo 06 yesterday. Konami should sue them for stealing their engine. Its complete copy of WE8 (PES4). But copy is still copy. The original is Konamis soccer. And those fauls in WE9 are really annoying. I dont understand people bullshiting here about timing your tackles. Its crap. Sometimes I think iam playing basketball and not a soccer game. Wolf I hope you ll be back as soon as you realize that Fifa is not that good as you think it is. Thank you for everythink you ve done for PES community.

Goodbye The Wolf, your support has been great your patches have been fantastic, PES will never be the same again without u buddy.

DJ

TheWolf said:
Hey everybody,

I just wanted to come in here and say with regret that I'm leaving the Konami soccer world behind indefinitely. For those who have known me for a number of years, I came over from the FIFA arena about 3 years ago after disgust at the way FIFA had been going with the gameplay and I embraced the Konami gameplay despite the lack of licensing etc. FIFA was so bad in those days even the licenses couldn't cover up the pinball, bad physics pile of crap that was FIFA 2002-05.

Well, I've just been playing FIFA 2006 demo and the game has made huge leaps and although it's totally copied the Konami gameplay (took them a while to realize this was theo nly way ot go but the lightbulb came on eventually!), it's at last more than playable and an enjoyable experience. Most importantly, it had all the atmosphere that comes with the licenses, authentic sounds, uniforms etc. Don't get me wrong, WE/PES still has better (sharper) graphics to be honest.

After playing WE9 this month there are just too many things that have ruined the game for me now:

1 - Patching. The lack of licenses means patch after patch after patch and it's just getting tiring. Even if I'm not making them myself I'm having to wait for others to make something semi-realistic. Now Konami have re-encoded the files yet again to prevent editors making uniforms for the game. Did they not work out that it was the editors who have been making patches for these games over hte last few years who have boosted the popularity of the game and got some of the FIFA license-whores to switch over? Konami have done nothing to help the editing scene (except for the in-game editor which is fantastic but way beyond the average person) and have forced people to get chipped/modded consoles to have a realistic experience.

2 - The multi-versions! When is this going to stop. How much would it hurt them to create a version with multi-languages? I know people can say "you don't need to get them all" but let's be honest, who doesn't want the latest and apparently greatest version or wants to wait 3 months (or 6 in the USA) to get it. It's got to the point where there are 5-6 versions coming out every year.

3 - The gameplay. Sorry but as many improvements as there are, the introduction of long shots which go in too frequently (one of the reasons I switched from FIFA in the first place!) and this constant calling of fouls even shoulder-to-shoulder just has ruined the game for me. On average I can score 3 or 4 long range goals a game unless I play with a crappy side. The fouls make the game so stop-start it gets tedious if you have a crappy ref. Overall, the enhancements Konami have made have been awesome but it's the basic ones that have ruined the game for me.

4 - Graphics. Awesome quality but WTF is the no-crowd crap now? I know why they've done it but playing as Man Utd against Arsenal and having about 500 people in the stadium? A joke right?

5 - Licenses. It's been long enough for Konami to get more licenses and here we are, still with only 2 premiership teams licensed. I know EA has the full license but it's about money. You telling me Konami doesn't have the money to buy the licenses? You telling me FIFA wouldn't sell two lots of the full license for $20 million each as opposed to one exclusive license for $30 million??? It's horrible hearing your team being called the wrong name or having to hear a patched version with a different commentator in a different tone!

Sorry, I know they'll be people who disagree with probably all I've said but I'd hope I made enough of a contribution to the community over the last few years for people just to agree to disagree or understand to a point where I'm coming from.

If Konami pull their head out of their ass next year and get licenses and readdress some of these problems they've introduced into the gameplay over the last few years and finally stop releasing 6 different versions throughout the year then I'd follow them again but it's got to the point in my life where I just want to pick up a game and play and be happy.

Furry love as always.
The Wolf

I've only played PES since the N64 and between kick off and ISS/PES I've been forced to play fifa if i wanted virtual football.
Man, i've seen fifa 2006 demo and you should have said it's a quantum leap forward (merely cos EA copied every aspect of PES)
but what's been funny to me is that although that incredible global improvement in gameplay, IT IS STILL CRAP
For those who didn't see it, be assured that the pace is a little too fast and that, above all, motions are WAY TOO FAST (no denying animations are great but it kind of looks like benny hill !!!)

when i read the article in french PSM2, i was tempted to buy also fifa 2006 (this would have allowed me to have the correct model kits to edit unlicensed team in PES5 in addition to have a second great football game) but after having watched the interview of EA's team leader and part of games believe me I won't since it would be like burning 3 20 euros bills(i can't tell the words especially cos i'm french to explain you how far EA still is to the smoothness and the realism of WE/PES and especially WE9/PES5.

So you can go back to fifa but for those who like real football believe me, fifa 2006 won't give you football sensations.

TheWolf said:
1 - Patching. The lack of licenses means patch after patch after patch and it's just getting tiring. Even if I'm not making them myself I'm having to wait for others to make something semi-realistic. Now Konami have re-encoded the files yet again to prevent editors making uniforms for the game. Did they not work out that it was the editors who have been making patches for these games over hte last few years who have boosted the popularity of the game and got some of the FIFA license-whores to switch over? Konami have done nothing to help the editing scene (except for the in-game editor which is fantastic but way beyond the average person) and have forced people to get chipped/modded consoles to have a realistic experience.

FIFA license-whore? From what the Wolf has said, i think he could be one of these. 3 out of his 5 complaints were about graphics and licensing, and we all know that you play WE for the gameplay, knowing full well that you sacrifice endorsed leagues and tournaments. Konami are moving the game forward with more and more licenses, and even by PES5 we could see alot more (German and French leagues rumoured). Jumping ship is simply unthinkable.

i tink its still too early to tell... no doubt WE has better multiplayer experience but for those loners like me... Fifa 06 could give us better singler player experience, perfect master league... well i can boldly say that konami cant match fifa's single player... in we9 the cpu just cheats too much

kingpug said:
And who the hell are you, another JJ bumboy?
I wish you would disappear to the FIFA community with stupid immature comments like that. :roll:

It's true though, you already have about 3 of them, considering I have never seen the guy let alone say anything bad to him he must be one of your followers.

I am immature haha, quality joke there.

pls stop posting negative comments about wolf, pls respect him, he has helped alot to the WE community even before some of you started playing WE!

Guys

I have to agree with Wolf, for the reasons above, but also for the absolutely ridiculous cheating that Seabass loves. I cant take it. There is so much fouling by the COM or that called on me, for just lightly touching shoulders. I cant count the number of free-kicks in 1 game. Its not flowing at all. I played a jap-ver WE9 and all the same cheatings in there. You know when you're playing and your players all scarper from ball, or tackles that only the COM always wins. I mean they simply run head-long into me and guess which way the ball will bounce in favor of?

I dont like to be on for a chance of scoring a goal and have an invisible force drag my striker back so he cant score or shoot. How can I get myself back into a game when thats happening. I post regularly on www.wemaniacs.com with the same username and I have also said that Im taking a pro evo holiday, perhaps indefinately too also. & Im gona give FIFA 06 a chance this year simply because I want to pick a game up and enjoy playing it. Not because from the refs whistle the COM starts slowing my players down, being invincible to tackles etc. One game I played where I was fouled on the edge of the box by the COM. Not one card, no even a telling off to the player, ...NOTHING. 3 times around the area this happened not one card. But I do one in mid-field near the halfway line which was even a tackle from behind and I get a red! I have moved from FIFA to PES4. And the first few months playing it was fine. But the after that the nightmare begins. You get punished for becoming a good-player by the COM cheating over and over and over. I've just started to hate this game, and it shouldnt be like that. The COM has the power to make the ball bounce really weird. The times you expect it to roll out, but it never does after a tackle because the COM can get it and cross to score, but when I tackle it goes zipping out of play. nice! The replay that I can never see again because its greyed out, whenever something dodgy happens. I saved on my mem-card a replay of the COM dribbling outside of the touchline, and the ball is clearly out of play, but hey, this is a real football sim isnt it!

So rather than getting stressed out, I need to give FIFA 06 a chance this year. I admit gameplay on Pro Evo is what I prefer, there is no competition. But... whats the point to have all that when you have a COM cheating all the time. All the shimmies and moves dont mean shit if you cant use them on a cheating COM. Ive spent time on the training ground to perfect moves. And what works there fails now to work in a game, because the COMs not having you get one over on it. That sucks!

I think perhaps more and more people will give FIFA a chance this year, because a lot of threads on other sites are saying the same thing, The cheating has to stop! When Konami eventually wake up to this and sorts it out, I'll gladly come back. Since I know PES5 will just have more of the same, its not worth my money. I dont mind that they dont have licenses because the patchmaking community is fantastic. You guys make a lot of effort and it shows. But a nice patch cant gloss over the fact that this game is a horrible cheat. I used to play 6* and it was ludicrous, then I gradually dropped back to playing at 4* but its making no difference. If we want a football sim, then why does the COM control your players like 50% of the time. Thats not what a sim should be about. FIFA cheated of course, but not on this level. I hated 04-05 and all the Euro 2004 crap, and lets not even talk about FIFA Street!!! But at least the cheating is not there to the extent it is on Pro Evo. I guess guys like myself and the Wolf will return once Seabass sorts his ass out, and reads these threads and does something about it. We all cant deny Pro Evo is better. But imagine this, FIFA people cuss Pro Evo because of things like this, licensing, cheating etc, so how hard would it be for Konami to sort that out, and win them over? If you look at figures, FIFA is still outselling Pro Evo every-year, even though FIFA gets a lower % rating in magazines about gameplay. If any of you understand business, its about winning new customers from the competition and gaining their loyalty. BMW v Mercedes, Nike v Adidas etc are fine examples. So this is no different.

To end, there is no point being immature and rude to Wolf who has given a lot of his time to make Pro Evo patching scene what it is. All of us have benefited from his patches and work, so show the Dude some respect, and respect his decision, we're all mature here arent we?

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Switching to FIFA? Nah, i had enough of that. As far as I know, FIFA dont have what is called "variety". It amazed you in the beginning, with the graphics and animations, and the u start to realized, that the the goals you scored is almost repetitive, and what annoying me more is, when u play small club (sometime medium club too). the non-star players' faces is like a bunch of clones! They have all the same default face! The corner, freekicks and what they call "off the ball" control, is way too complicated. They introduced "first touch" in FIFA 05, but the gameplay of PES/WE is long have that technic, only without name. To be fair to what i comment, i have bought both series to be compared until FIFA 04, until i realized i dont have to buy FIFA 05 and so on, because i'm not gonna pay for the game that only last me a month.

By the way. goodbye The Wolf, i maybe not using your patch, but i still admire every patcher here.

You cant play both u know, sometime u will be confused with button :square: and button :circle: when u are in front of goal. You know what i mean. :lol:

I am relatively new here (not to WE) and I don't mean to disrespect anyone.

But I just don't get it. What the fuss is all about? is it about which is better FIFA or WE? or it is about you leaving this place? well if it is the late, I am sure you can chime in with you experience even if you don't play WE that often.

As I said before, Why not playing both, if you want. If you like things here and there, well, you should try both. If you totally hate WE9, then drop it and look at it when later versions appear. I tried FIFA and couldn't not stand it, thatswhy I am sticking to Winning Eleven. Having said and done that, I never understood this superiority some WE fans feel whenever Fifa is mentioned, and vise versa.

Why are we dealing with football games like girl friends/wives here?

Trust me, FIFA and Winning Eleven can co-exist :)

Last edited:
ill go with wolf fifa is looking great ill start nediting that now but ill still stay here and do pes5 ill do both \\:o/

Observer_ said:
I am relatively new here(not to WE) and I don't mean to disrespect anyone.

But I just don't get it. What the fuss is all about? is it about which is better FIFA or WE?
Don't tell me it took you almost a year to find out? ;)

Every thread where FIFA is mentioned will develop into another FIFA vs. WE debate sooner or later, it's a law of nature.

Goodbye m8 take care, much respect to your contibution to WE/PES community.

And for all you tossers moaning at wolf, get a life, this guy has done so much for the game, dedication aint the word, if he wants to move on then fair play, he's got his reasons and fouls in WE9 do suck, I've shouted at the telly countless times now because of the cheating computer bastids.

But from what I read there is a total lack of respect, "Don't let the door hit you on the ase on the way out" I mean thats just tragic immaturity at it's worst.

Good look to him, hope he enjoys his games from now on as I got the impression he wasn't from his posts.

I also hope he does come back, but I aint gonna slate the guy for saying what he said, trouble is on here when most of you lot get grounded, you direct anger to your parents to wherever you can on here.

Sad day that a great member/patch legend leaves and a very sad day to read some of those replies indeed.

I know, I have no posts, but been reading this forum for quite sometime. That is because I used to be a FIFA player, but switched to PES cause of the "scripted" fifa gameplay: always scoring the same way, etc. etc. And this forum can "teach" you how to play PES.

I was one of the lucky persons to be part of the PES5 Beta Trial, and it was a great trial! I've been playing WE9 since it came out, and my conclusion is: WE9 is totally different from PES5! As I can recall the ref didn't blow the whistle that quickly, so that's a big plus. Cause we only tested the online part of PES5, I can't say much about the CPU cheating. In WE9 it is indeed there, and it's a big issue! It totally ruins the fun!

Since I'm getting PES5 mainly for the online part (which by the way plays very smoothly), I don't care if the CPU cheats, cause I won't be playing the CPU that much. PES5 Beta was a great game: better passing, better crosses, better shooting (especially 1-on-1 with the goalie), if I can remember correctly even the L1 + Triangle was working! So I hope that they won't change too much in the final version of PES5, cause it was a great game, much better than PES4, WE8:LE and WE9.

Now I haven't played Fifa 2006, but I'm almost 100% sure it has the scripted things again. I've played 2005 a lot online and all the people in the top 100 used to play 4-1-2-1-2, why? because you could score about 8 goals per game that way. Everybody plays the same in the top ranking of Fifa, passes to the same player, same goals over and over again, beacause palyers are always on the same place! This gets boring very very quickly! I'm confident that that will happen again with 2006.

Conclusion: Just wait for PES5! If they keep it like the beta version the game plays perfectly! In my opinion WE9 is a bit of a crappy game (I still enjoy it, but that's because I mainly play against friends), but PES5 is gonna be the bomb!

Bye man... wish u luck... hope u'll return one day...

hey guys c'mon stop arguin' about which game is better... ur like a bunch of 10 y.o. children... this topic is not about that... i think TheWolf's a mature person who can make choices by himself... don't try to tell him that he's wrong or something... JUST SAY GOODBYE!!

Last edited:
Did someone mention something about Konami just battering out WE games without putting much into them?

B0007X9SSU.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

LOL.............

FD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom