Ghostbusters Xbox360,PS3,Wii and PC

Seen they were making this about a year ago, looked pretty good at the time. When is it due out?

Film in 1984, game in 2008. Its taken them a while

They've done a game before now, a couple in-fact. I had them all on the C64, loved them.

2.jpg

ghostbusters.jpg

Just been looking on eBay, I had all the toys as well. The backpack with ghost sucker, the ghost trap, the car... I bloody loved that backpack, I was always at my nan's house getting rid of all her ghosts for her. It was either that or have a cup of tea and talk about dust.

Last edited:
I kept all my toys. Couldn't throw that away. So I'll buy this game even if it's not a great game :).

My nephew took them when he was little, he's 13 now. I want them back, damnit. But I think he sold them.

I'm really fan of the movies and i hope a Ghostbuster 3 but only with the same actors and i don't care about the video game.

This is meant to be Ghostbusters 3, tis being written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis. Bill Murray has also signed up to voice his character. So pray for a decent game and storyline then.

They've done a game before now, a couple in-fact. I had them all on the C64, loved them.

2.jpg

ghostbusters.jpg

Just been looking on eBay, I had all the toys as well. The backpack with ghost sucker, the ghost trap, the car... I bloody loved that backpack, I was always at my nan's house getting rid of all her ghosts for her. It was either that or have a cup of tea and talk about dust.

Oh Jack, your post has made my day! I loved all the Ghostbusters merchandise - me and my bro had the backpacks - can you remember that the gun had a piece of plastic (replicating the plasma beam) coming from it? I cut mine off with scissors - it looked stupid. I had most the toys - Ecto 1 didn't fit in the Ghostbusters' HQ! I had the game on the ZX Spectrum - it was one of the few Speccy games which actually had speach! :lol:

Stars back for Ghostbusters game
Bill Murray
Who you gonna call? Bill Murray played Peter Venkman in the film
The original cast of Ghostbusters have signed up to lend their faces and voices to a new game based on the hit film series, reports say.

Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson have all agreed to take part, says trade paper Variety.

Aykroyd and Ramis, who wrote the original films, will also pen the story for the game - which will be set in New York City during a new ghoul invasion.

The game will be released on all major consoles in late 2008.

It comes on the heels of several other classic movies that have recently been adapted into successful video games, including The Godfather and Scarface.

"We noticed we did well on Scarface and were alert for new opportunities to turn iconic film products into games in a way that is a new manifestation of the franchise," Vivendi Games chief executive Bruce Hack said.

"Ghostbusters is unquestionably among the small number of movies in that class."

The new game will be set in the early 1990s after the events of Ghostbusters II.

Some supporting cast members have even signed up to participate, including Annie Potts who played the ghost-busting team's receptionist, Janine.

Several Ghostbusters games were released around the time of the two movies, and one in the past decade was tied to the animated series, Extreme Ghostbusters.

I hope they get this game right - how much fun would it be?!!

Please let the gameplay be good.....please!

Activision Drops Several Vivendi Games...

In favour of Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon and Ice Age franchises.

Activision today announced that it will be retaining a handful of Vivendi Games' franchises that are a "strong fit with its long-term strategy". The games that have been confirmed as being added to Activision's stable include the Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon and Ice Age franchises, as well as Prototype and "a second new IP that has not been announced as of yet."

The downside of this announcement is that other Vivendi Games (namely Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Brütal Legend, WET, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena and World in Conflict: Soviet Assault) are not being kept by Activision. "Activision will not publish other titles that were part of Vivendi Games' portfolio, and it is currently reviewing its options regarding these games" is all Activision would say on the matter when we talked to their Australian PR representative.

The news was even more grim for Vivendi Games Mobile and Sierra Online, which were described as "non-strategic business units".

Whether Ghostbusters, Brütal Legend and the rest of the discarded Vivendi games are sold off to new publishers or cancelled outright remains to be seen but it's likely to be a rocky future for these titles.

:SHOCK:

Saw this news on gamefaqs where it's been posted as 'Ghostbusters game cancelled'

They'll still release the ghostbusters game as it was all but done and had the hollywood actors involved so it wont be written off.

Yeah, Ghostbusters was done anyway so it'd be daft to not release it.

It shouldn't have come to this especially when you see the stupid games that they picked instead of Ghostbusters and co, don't Activision want to make money?!

EA come and save the day!

Comic Con gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37541.html

Last edited:
Glee this looks so fun! It would be stupid not to release it. The C64 game was awesome, so I definitely want to try this. Infact I still have the C64 game and might play it tonight, heh!

Glee this looks so fun! It would be stupid not to release it. The C64 game was awesome, so I definitely want to try this. Infact I still have the C64 game and might play it tonight, heh!
Ahh yes the good old C64 version! I remember loading a C64 Emulator onto my PSP a couple of years ago just to play it again :) Classic stuff that was:))

Wasn't really looking forward to it but I have to say, that trailer kicks ass. Are they all the real voice actors? Sounds like it, but I thought Bill Murray would have turned it down...

Yeah i saw somewhere that all the proper actors are doin the voices

the game will probably be shit but i wanna play it and reminisce anyway :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom