1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Ghostbusters Xbox360,PS3,Wii and PC

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by embraceuk1, 16 November 2007.

1. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Seen they were making this about a year ago, looked pretty good at the time. When is it due out?

2. embraceuk1

embraceuk1 Original Member Since 2001

30 December 2001
    Indiana USA (Scottish)
    Nottingham Forest
    No idea yet guessing summer 2009

3. embraceuk1

embraceuk1 Original Member Since 2001

30 December 2001
    Indiana USA (Scottish)
    Nottingham Forest
  4. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    You know its gonna be shite.

5. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
  6. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Not bad graphics, but so many JAGGIES!

7. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Film in 1984, game in 2008. Its taken them a while

8. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    They've done a game before now, a couple in-fact. I had them all on the C64, loved them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just been looking on eBay, I had all the toys as well. The backpack with ghost sucker, the ghost trap, the car... I bloody loved that backpack, I was always at my nan's house getting rid of all her ghosts for her. It was either that or have a cup of tea and talk about dust.

Last edited: 16 November 2007
  9. tuta

tuta Marseillais

21 November 2004
    France
    Marseille
    I kept all my toys. Couldn't throw that away. So I'll buy this game even if it's not a great game :).

10. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    My nephew took them when he was little, he's 13 now. I want them back, damnit. But I think he sold them.

11. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    I'm really fan of the movies and i hope a Ghostbuster 3 but only with the same actors and i don't care about the video game.

12. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    This is meant to be Ghostbusters 3, tis being written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis. Bill Murray has also signed up to voice his character. So pray for a decent game and storyline then.

13. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    I used to love the C64 game!

14. DJ Doc45

DJ Doc45 Banned

How though? The Commodore 64 Ghostbusters was actually quite a cool game for its time. I used to love Ghostbusters as well JB.. I think I had the same backpack!

15. Plan M

Plan M Banned

27 September 2007
    Manchester United
    Oh Jack, your post has made my day! I loved all the Ghostbusters merchandise - me and my bro had the backpacks - can you remember that the gun had a piece of plastic (replicating the plasma beam) coming from it? I cut mine off with scissors - it looked stupid. I had most the toys - Ecto 1 didn't fit in the Ghostbusters' HQ! I had the game on the ZX Spectrum - it was one of the few Speccy games which actually had speach! :lol:

16. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Stars back for Ghostbusters game
    Bill Murray
    Who you gonna call? Bill Murray played Peter Venkman in the film
    The original cast of Ghostbusters have signed up to lend their faces and voices to a new game based on the hit film series, reports say.

Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson have all agreed to take part, says trade paper Variety.

Aykroyd and Ramis, who wrote the original films, will also pen the story for the game - which will be set in New York City during a new ghoul invasion.

The game will be released on all major consoles in late 2008.

It comes on the heels of several other classic movies that have recently been adapted into successful video games, including The Godfather and Scarface.

"We noticed we did well on Scarface and were alert for new opportunities to turn iconic film products into games in a way that is a new manifestation of the franchise," Vivendi Games chief executive Bruce Hack said.

"Ghostbusters is unquestionably among the small number of movies in that class."

The new game will be set in the early 1990s after the events of Ghostbusters II.

Some supporting cast members have even signed up to participate, including Annie Potts who played the ghost-busting team's receptionist, Janine.

Several Ghostbusters games were released around the time of the two movies, and one in the past decade was tied to the animated series, Extreme Ghostbusters.

17. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    I hope they get this game right - how much fun would it be?!!

Please let the gameplay be good.....please!

18. tobi

tobi "Pull up from 30!"

5 August 2005
    Teaching the PHX Suns the 2 min drill...
    Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
    Activision Drops Several Vivendi Games...

In favour of Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon and Ice Age franchises.

:SHOCK:

19. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Riddick was an awesome game, can't believe its been dropped. Was looking forward to Ghostbusters!

20. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Saw this news on gamefaqs where it's been posted as 'Ghostbusters game cancelled'

They'll still release the ghostbusters game as it was all but done and had the hollywood actors involved so it wont be written off.

21. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Yeah, Ghostbusters was done anyway so it'd be daft to not release it.

22. tobi

tobi "Pull up from 30!"

5 August 2005
    Teaching the PHX Suns the 2 min drill...
    Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
    It shouldn't have come to this especially when you see the stupid games that they picked instead of Ghostbusters and co, don't Activision want to make money?!

EA come and save the day!

Comic Con gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37541.html

Last edited: 29 July 2008
  23. Yana

Yana R.I.P Fazzaday :(

2 March 2008
    Sheffield
    Chelsea
    Glee this looks so fun! It would be stupid not to release it. The C64 game was awesome, so I definitely want to try this. Infact I still have the C64 game and might play it tonight, heh!

24. DJ Doc45

DJ Doc45 Banned

Ahh yes the good old C64 version! I remember loading a C64 Emulator onto my PSP a couple of years ago just to play it again :) Classic stuff that was:))

25. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
  26. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Wasn't really looking forward to it but I have to say, that trailer kicks ass. Are they all the real voice actors? Sounds like it, but I thought Bill Murray would have turned it down...

27. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Yeah i saw somewhere that all the proper actors are doin the voices

the game will probably be shit but i wanna play it and reminisce anyway :LOL:

28. DJ Doc45

DJ Doc45 Banned

I have read in the latest 360 gamer magazine that the proper actors have done the voice overs for their characters... :) good stuff!