game wont start after patch...help pls anyone

furbs

Non-League
19 March 2006
Hi all

after patching my PC version of the game...it wont start up...the dvd starts spinning but then nothing...ive tried...
the short cut on the desktop, the exe in the game directory and also tried the dvd start but no joy.

the game was working fine before the patch apart from the BAL crash.

it also works fine if i take the patch off

any ideas?

cheers furbs

I think some people on PESFan have uninstalled the whole game and then reinstalled it, and then applied the 1.10 patch.

Sometimes video card drivers do stuff like that. Make sure yours are up to date. If they are, I guess uninstall and reinstall like Feanaro said.

ok fixed...by taking the dvd out of the drive(wink wink nudge nudge) cheers mate

I followed a tip in the pesfan forums and changed the antivirus program from AVG to in my case Norton and the issue is gone!!
semse like there are a lot of ppl fixing this with eighter disable or installing another Antivirus program!
it was not just AVG who made the game hang but i cant remember the other virus programs!

EDIT:
OK it worked for a couple of startups but now it's back to open and shuth the dvd drive to make it work! at least i got rid of the hang on the savescreen tough!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom