1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

game wont start after patch...help pls anyone

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by furbs, 23 October 2008.

1. furbs

furbs Non-League

19 March 2006
    Hi all

after patching my PC version of the game...it wont start up...the dvd starts spinning but then nothing...ive tried...
    the short cut on the desktop, the exe in the game directory and also tried the dvd start but no joy.

the game was working fine before the patch apart from the BAL crash.

it also works fine if i take the patch off

any ideas?

cheers furbs

2. Feanaro

Feanaro League 2

2 December 2005
    I think some people on PESFan have uninstalled the whole game and then reinstalled it, and then applied the 1.10 patch.

3. Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider hells yeah

15 October 2008
    Texas
    Sometimes video card drivers do stuff like that. Make sure yours are up to date. If they are, I guess uninstall and reinstall like Feanaro said.

4. Feanaro

Feanaro League 2

2 December 2005
  5. b-ytter

b-ytter Non-League

18 October 2007
    have you tryed to take out the dvd and put it in again? thats the only way i can start my game!

6. oMikR0n

oMikR0n Non-League

11 November 2007
    delete your "documents and settings/KONAMI" folder

7. iony

iony Non-League

6 November 2006
    after patch my become a legend carer is corrupt . why ? :((

8. Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider hells yeah

15 October 2008
    Texas
    In the patch notes it mentioned that previously saved games may not work after you patch it.

9. furbs

furbs Non-League

19 March 2006
    ok fixed...by taking the dvd out of the drive(wink wink nudge nudge) cheers mate

10. b-ytter

b-ytter Non-League

18 October 2007
    I followed a tip in the pesfan forums and changed the antivirus program from AVG to in my case Norton and the issue is gone!!
    semse like there are a lot of ppl fixing this with eighter disable or installing another Antivirus program!
    it was not just AVG who made the game hang but i cant remember the other virus programs!

EDIT:
    OK it worked for a couple of startups but now it's back to open and shuth the dvd drive to make it work! at least i got rid of the hang on the savescreen tough!

Last edited: 25 October 2008