Game of the Year

I can't separate MLB 09 The Show and Uncharted 2.

Soon as I played Batman's demo I knew it was going to be goty material. So Batman: AA and Uncharted 2 for me.

Definitely Uncharted 2 up to now, and followed by Batman Arkham Asylum. On third place I would put scribblenauts because of the great idea. Sports games are rating specially low for me this year, even nba 2k has gone a little below the mark...

I just realised, Football Manager 2010 isn't on there.

It's a sequel I know and maybe it's no Uncharted but I still haven't brought myself to finishing Uncharted yet, whereas I'm on FM 2010 for three hours a night.

Uncharted2. Finished it yesterday, what a great game!

And why is Batman so highly rated? Got the impression it was more of a 8/10 game.

EDIT

My mistake, it's very highly rated throughout the reviews.

Last edited:
Not to start a console war, but I thought it would be interesting to see the highest rated games from both consoles and have a look if there is a big difference in exclusive's quality (also wanted to know to see if I was missing any big games (like Batman)):

Xbox360 All-Time High Scores:
1 Grand Theft Auto IV 98
2 BioShock 96
3 Orange Box, The 96
4 Gears of War 94
5 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 94
6 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 94
7 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 94
8 Halo 3 94
9 Braid 93
10 Street Fighter IV 93
11 Fallout 3 93
12 Gears of War 2 93
13 Guitar Hero II 92
14 Rock Band 92
15 Batman: Arkham Asylum 92
16 Rock Band 2 92
17 Forza Motorsport 3 92
18 Assassin's Creed II 91
19 Mass Effect 91
20 FIFA Soccer 10 90

PS3 All-Time High Scores:
1 Grand Theft Auto IV 98
2 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 96
3 LittleBigPlanet 95
4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 94
5 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 94
6 BioShock 94
7 Street Fighter IV 94
8 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 94
9 God of War Collection 93
10 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 93
11 Braid 92
12 Rock Band 92
13 FIFA Soccer 10 91
14 Rock Band 2 91
15 Killzone 2 91
16 Batman: Arkham Asylum 91
17 Assassin's Creed II 91
18 Fallout 3 90
19 MLB 09: The Show 90
20 WipEout HD Fury 89

Doesn't seem to be much difference for me, GoW & Orange Box for the 360, Killzone and Uncharted for the ps3.

Edit, seems The Orange Box is also on th3 PS3, although like Bioshock it took ages.

You forget to mention Little Big Planet. Even if you're not a fan of the game style, it's one of those games that defines a new genre and expand gaming limits, in my oppinion, and trully the most original game I've played in years. Plus, it's a game I can play with my girlfriend together without split screen and with my friends online to have good laughs now and then. There's nothing remotely similar in xbox as I know.

Not to start a console war, but I thought it would be interesting to see the highest rated games from both consoles and have a look if there is a big difference in exclusive's quality (also wanted to know to see if I was missing any big games (like Batman)):

Doesn't seem to be much difference for me, GoW & Orange Box for the 360, Killzone and Uncharted for the ps3.

Edit, seems The Orange Box is also on th3 PS3, although like Bioshock it took ages.

Also, Orange Box is on the PC.

if i had a choice between having a gaming pc and either a 360 or ps3 i would choose a ps3 simply because all of the ps3 exclusive games dont come on the pc where a lot of 360 games come out on the pc and are cheaper to buy and generally look better and play better using mouse and keyboard.

Drekkard mentions Litle Big Planet...i have a similar experience with DS-game Scribblenauts. As individual game it certainly isn't flawless (far from), but the idea is so original...it could become a genre defining game.

Drawn To Life was out before Scribblenauts though, if anything DTL was the one that started that genre really.

Back
Top Bottom