Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
Nominees (and selected format) :

Uncharted 2 : Among Thieves (PS3)
Forza Motorsport 3 (XBox 360)
Dragon Age : Origins (PC)
Grand Theft Auto IV : Episodes from Liberty City (XBox 360)
Batman : Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Gran Turismo PSP (PSP)
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 (XBox 360)
Halo 3: ODST (XBox 360)
Left 4 Dead 2 (XBox 360)
The Sims 3 (PC)
inFamous (PS3)
Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Nintendo DS)
Killzone 2 (PS3)
Assasin's Creed 2 (XBox 360)
Scribblenauts (Nintendo DS)

I'm sure Modern Warfare 2 will be a massive contender come decision day, but it's up against some great games that have been released this year. I thoroughly enjoyed Batman, and then there's Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2. Also Assasin's Creed 2 still to come.

Quality year of gaming :COOL:

Uncharted 2 without a doubt. Nothing will come close to it this year in terms of overall quality, not even Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

The problem I'll have with MW2 is I've been there done that and while it looks great yet again I don't know how long it will last me this time especially as more kids will now have PS3s and be online.

I enjoyed Batman and Uncharted 2 the most so far this year. Killzone was really impressive but the controls let it down.

Stupid List done by idiots. How the fuck can Shadow Complex not be on it?

Not got Unchartered 2 yet which i know will be immense (1st was my GOTY 2 years ago) but have done MW2, Batman, and Shadow Complex which is my top 3 in order.

Thats it for notable games this year IMO. so Far. No doubt Unchartered 2 will be in there but won't put it as i've not played it yet.

If it was up to me, there would be no competition whatsoever: Scribblenauts....fantastic.

It's the only game on that list that has brought any kind of innovation to the table, and for that I think it's the most deserving. The rest are (in the main) sequels and rehashes, which is all we seem to get at the moment.

But I'd rather wait until all those games are released and had a few weeks play before making a decision.

From that list Ive only played Uncharted and Killzone. Both really great productions imo. Other then those it's probably only Fallout3 that springs to mind, and Im not sure how long ago I got that.

:LOL: Out of all those, I only have Street Fighter cuz I was under the assumption that the rest were shit.

Out of that list, Uncharted 2 for me, definitely.

It's weird though, I was looking for Fallout 3 but it was released 2008, yet I'm sure the Golden Joystick game of the year this year was Fallout 3?

For me none of those games touch Fallout 3 - Uncharted 2 is a good game but it's not in my top five or ten games of all time. Fallout 3 went straight in there for me.

There's been lots of good games this year but looking at that list I feel a bit like, actually, it wasn't as good as I thought!

The list is pretty flawed anyway as some games aren't out yet, and most have only just come out.

People tend to forget games that came out earlier in the year when thinking of GOTY contenders.

Out of that list, Uncharted 2 for me, definitely.

It's weird though, I was looking for Fallout 3 but it was released 2008, yet I'm sure the Golden Joystick game of the year this year was Fallout 3?

For me none of those games touch Fallout 3 - Uncharted 2 is a good game but it's not in my top five or ten games of all time. Fallout 3 went straight in there for me.

There's been lots of good games this year but looking at that list I feel a bit like, actually, it wasn't as good as I thought!

Really?

i think this year has been pretty awful IMO

Batman was ace and we were all surprised how mint it was. Shadow Complex too came from nowhere, and was mind-blowingly brilliant. No surprises Modern Warfare 2 and Unchartered 2 are fine sequels. Borderlands is also excellent IMO. And I thought Fifa was very good, despite the flaws.

The more the bar is raised, the more our expectations increase too

There's been alot of hyped tat like Prototype, Infamous, and alot of same old like Tiger Woods etc.

For me Batman, and Shadow Complex are the only 2 standout games prior to the pre-xmas wave of games (including Unchartered 2), this year, and it's been a pretty disappointing period of time. Were it not for the size of Fallout 3 and DLC, I'd have been very bored this year.

Risen is my PC GOTY, but then it's the only game I've played on PC all year ;)

And I agree with Vondave, it's been a shite year for gaming IMO, a lot of overhyped tosh, Fight Night Round 4 and Fifa10 being huge disappointments for me, decent games yes but could and should have been so much better.

Back
Top Bottom