first impressions thread

It's fucking awful.

Save your money for a good night out instead.

or put it towards a prostitute or what ever floats your boat.

Just don't put it in Konami's coffers, cause this game is truely shit!

Konami are just money grabbing bastards now who produce half hearted efforts at a football game.

Sorry to say this but pes is dead! (well it has been for a few years now)

I'll post more on why its shit later, at the moment its just left me flat couldn't even finish a game on it, it was just so dull and lifeless to play.

What a load of rubbish. To say that this game is s*** is nonsensical! You want a game that's truly 's***'? Fifa 10 PC.

PES 10 is a very good game - the throughball and shoot button clearance issues are fixed, the heading is even better than it was in the demo and the keepers are improved. The AI's ball possession is very good and they can really give you the run around! Master League looks excellent - very deep and full of options. (PC version).

I reckon most of you would rather play this game than risk picking up an STD in any case... :D

all i can say is if you think this game is good, you have very low standards.
played a couple more games.

+ played on hdtv looks really nice and is very smooth.

+ AI actually ain't bad

- every cross is almost perfect, very very easy to score from crosses, very little skill involved, well actually no skill involved at all, completely automated. always seems to put it in the zone and more often or not you get a player there and score a header or score a rebound from the header.

- Passing cant emphasize how unrewarding this is enough, a 2 year old could pass the ball around on this, there is very little input from the player at all, same old pes passing at impossible angles that the player is facing is all to common, its 2010 not 2001 should be past this by now.

- Camera angle, just isn't far enough back, and isn't adjustable enough.

- Animations, they are so ps2. they look fucking awful when sprinting, same as last year, just proves to me that konami don't give a shit we complained about this last year and have don fuck all about it.

- Jitter caused crowd chant loading in, more of a bug really.

Don't think ill play this anymore its too wooden and robotic, ill stick with fifa and pes 3.

The same comments from me guys more or less

-Nice graphics (maybe the best in a football game)
-Quite nice and responsive AI (Defensive AI especially is good)
-HORRID,WOODEN,ROBOTIC animations (It looks so ps2)
-Stamina factor is absent (players run like lunatics)

So goodnight PES welcome Fifa 10 (actually played Fifa 09 also over the horrible pes09)

the dribbling and passing was the strength/core of pes games.. what happened?
I might have to try it with lower settings but thats lowering the best part of this yrs game, the graphics. worst part is when u thru pass to a guy near the sidelines, he follows the ball out of bounce.. and its soo clear he can get it...

Is it just me or do the goalkeepers in this game have huge problems with high through balls coming their way? It could be because I'm not playing with top teams but the amount of times I've already seen them act like retards and make a total cock up trying to deal with a high through ball is ridiculous. Way too often instead of what should be an easy catch they just go to the ground and gift the opposition a goal.

Pretty disappointed so far, personally. The game hasn't changed that much and simply needs a total overhaul if Konami want to keep competing with FIFA IMO.

I like the game. Konami has done a great job this year. To all you noobs out there that dont appritiantea real simulation i have to tell you that
you need skill to play PES. If you like to just run shot and score then by all means go play Fifa.
Grat graphics, grat gameplay, great fluididti.
I also noticed one greate thing.
Loading time its almost nothing. In Pes 2009 it would load for ever.
It doesent load every thing before the match it renders graphics and code execution during the game. I think the online will rock coz of this.

- every cross is almost perfect, very very easy to score from crosses, very little skill involved, well actually no skill involved at all, completely automated. always seems to put it in the zone and more often or not you get a player there and score a header or score a rebound from the header.

- Passing cant emphasize how unrewarding this is enough, a 2 year old could pass the ball around on this, there is very little input from the player at all, same old pes passing at impossible angles that the player is facing is all to common, its 2010 not 2001 should be past this by now.

You are delusional.

Last edited:
I like the game. Konami has done a great job this year. To all you noobs out there that dont appritiantea real simulation i have to tell you that
you need skill to play PES. If you like to just run shot and score then by all means go play Fifa.
It doesent load every thing before the match it renders graphics and code execution during the game. I think the online will rock coz of this.

You are delusional.

Your spelling of "fluidity" is delusional.

You are delusional.
sorry but your the one that is a delusional fanboy, PES is not simulation if you had actually ever been to a football match you would see that pes is nothing more than a cheap pick up and play run and shoot arcade crapfest.

It once was great. now sadly its not.

Don't confuse nice feeling controls with Gameplay.

Last edited:
Ok, so im back to europe and i ve read now all these comments!

Im playing also PES for more than 7 or 8 years and i think its with this version really really better than 08 and 09! Its a bit too fast , yes, but its every year the same :

You have to get used to it!

Every year the same complaints and after a few weeks everybody can "live" with the new version!

By the way : FIFA 10 on PC is complete crap!!! Never seen a game which has a so poor gampelay then FIFA 10 - play the PC Version and u'll feel very uncomfortable!

So dont complain and play PES 2010 :-) give it a try like every year!

I'm willing to buy the game. Cause FIFA on PC is a load of crap. Absolute shit. I played FIFA on the PS3, it was ok, nothing spectacular. and at this point I can't afford a PS3, so I'm going for the PES 2010 on the PC.

I have a Geforce 260GTX, and the demo looks really good on it, on high settings. I'm just hoping that the online mode plays without any lag.

Have to say i'm disappointed.

Controls are slow and unresponsive.

Defenders are too good except at crosses and the forwards
aren't very good at all.

People who can get it wide and get plenty of crosses in
should win comfortably.

And the sound???? since when is the sound of a player kicking the ball
about 100 decibels louder than a stadium full of fans?

Not giving up on it as Fifa is totally crap on the pc, sure i'll
probably enjoy the game a bit more once I get online as long
as those issues have been fixed.

I just finished playing through the Champions League mode.

Okay, the game feels alright. They fixed up the through balls and scoring isn't such a bitch anymore (if anything it's too easy). The responsiveness is absolutely shocking, it's definitely more realistic, but no football player is ever that slow. Seriously, you make an input on the controller and a couple of seconds later it does it. Slide tackles are virtually impossible to pull of now.

Also seriously, what's with the computer selection system? This is seriously the line up for my final against Chelsea.

Hilario
Belletti
Manicienne
Calvalho
Ferreria
Minero
Zhrikov
J.Cole
Stoch
Pizzaro
Shevchenko

WTF SERIOUSLY? I COUNT TWO FIRST TEAM REGULARS. IF THAT. I WON 5-1.

Liverpool in the semis was even worse. They lead the line with N'gog and El Hazar in the 1st leg and Voronin and N'gog in the 2nd.

I didn't see any big name in fact, Gerrard, Torres, Kaka, Ronaldo, Drogba, Terry and Lampard all missing. They didn't even come on as subs.

There's also a few glitches here and there. This game just feels rushed for production, it wasn't anywhere near ready to be released.

For me it's 8/10 . The first really enjoyable next-gen pes.
Most bugs from demo are fixed. Through passes, goalkeepers, response times fixed (some talking about bad response times, im really surprised, they are so much better than demo, i dont have any problems with response times. Maybe you should change some settings.)
In the next version they should focus strongly on player animations. Make it to NBA 2k10 level (dreaming ;) ) and it will be the best football game ever.

I noticed that the game flow is too fast when you play 10 min. periods. But when you switch to 15 min it comes down. Not a big revelation of course, but 10 min. halfs aren't good for the realism.

The biggest disappointment was the penalty shootout which is basically the same old lottery shite... no skills involved, way too fast paced, no suspense at all.

But it's still better than PES 2009 and FIFA 10 (PC). Just imho.

Overall a good game... but not at the level with the best sports games (NHL 2004, NBA 2k10 and PES5/6).

I really like the "wide" camera view... I don't remember if that was implemented in 2009 or not... but it really helps you to get more complete picture of the field.

I'm very dissapointed, I was waiting on this game for a long long time and it's horrible, the speed of the game it's all wrong, dribbling its awful, no jogo bonito, keepers suck, OVERALL THE GAME SUCKS!! I used to be a big fan of all Konami soccer games but I have to admit they blew it. I prefer to quit playing soccer games (I'm not gonna play Fifa either)

Really really dissapointed...

I noticed that the game flow is too fast when you play 10 min. periods. But when you switch to 15 min it comes down. Not a big revelation of course, but 10 min. halfs aren't good for the realism.

The biggest disappointment was the penalty shootout which is basically the same old lottery shite... no skills involved, way too fast paced, no suspense at all.

But it's still better than PES 2009 and FIFA 10 (PC). Just imho.

Overall a good game... but not at the level with the best sports games (NHL 2004, NBA 2k10 and PES5/6).

mate, pes2010's penalty ain't no lottery shite. u need skills to score! :COOL:

From someone who loved pes5 and pes6 and played online everyday for years.
Don't buy it sucks as usual bring back pes6 online.
You have been warned.

You are delusional.

i agree..
pes is going back to it's roots : subtle realistic gameplay..
easily the best sim ive played..

Last edited:
I increased all keepers' goalkeeping skills to 90-99 and they don't suck that much anymore.

Winning the cup wasn't difficult with "pro" though... when you figure out the through pass button scoring is still too easy. Maybe "top player" offers more challenge.

Here's the cup celebration btw... same old, same old...
YouTube - PES 2010 Cup winning celebration

Last edited:
Is it just me or do the goalkeepers in this game have huge problems with high through balls coming their way?
I just conceded a stupid equalizer to Llorente because of this during my first ever PES2010 match (Bilbao 1 - 1 Deportivo)..
Thank you Aranzubia.. If you had wanted to play again for Bilbao you should have told me BEFORE the match, you m**on!! :RANT:

Anyway, I find the gameplay quite good (apart from that annoying GK bug of course).

+ It's entertaining, and it plays better than PES2009 (2008 isn't even to mention)
+ You feel more free when you build up a play: finally you can move the ball from a side to another without "harming" the natural flow of the action
+ Finally long range shots are back and they are the way they should be: powerful

- GKs are still too unconsistent: they are capable of breath-taking saves but they often do incredible mistakes (like the one of Aranzubia I told you before)
- Players still run like they have a skewer up their @$$.. But at least it's smaller than the one they had in PES2009
- I feel like my players are still a little "unresponsive"
- Passes feel still a little too easy and "automatic"

Anyway, this is the first PES I'm really enjoying since PES6. Don't know if it will last, and how long it'll last anyway..

I think it'll be a great game for one-on-one matches and tournaments with friends, but I feel cheated about the ML: they made it better, but they managed to remove the ML United thing and the Free agents from within the ML, so they just ruined it..

PS: gotta get a little used to the "through pass" system though, I was still used to the PES6 one :)

Last edited:
Full version is a failure , I prefered the demo because it was slower and you could without any problems make a ronaldo chop, now they deleted it in full version in many situations. Koanmi aren't professionalists, sorry. Big mistake

Are retrospective yellow cards back in the game? I used to like the feature on old PES versions where a player may be scythed down but ref waves play on. Later when the ball went dead he would issue a yellow card.

Do keepers sometimes come up for a corner in last minute if your trailing?

Do AI team sometimes kick ball out of play when someone pulls up injured?

All the above features were in PES5 & the retrospective cards in PES6 but 08 & 09 for some bizarre reason had them removed.

Thanks,
Wayne

This is what Pes 2008 should look like.

It would be great to see more penalties, in 30 games, 0 penalties. Also goals from corners are pretty rare, and corner action most of the time look pretty dull.

Speed of the game is just how it should be. Dunno why is too fast or slow to someone. Check your graphics settings.

Nice to see finally great goals in PES 10 after PES 6. 08 and 09 were pinball. Btw I really like Master League and Champions League implemented. Master League is not complex as they said. There is strange problem with empty free agent player pool.

I really like it. And I am pleased. Also nothing is perfect, everything you all said

awesome game! just been playing it for 5 minutes. and i like it so far..the gameplay seems to be what ive always wanted in pes!i mean, definitely takes some getting used to,after the previous pes, but im enjoying learning the nuances of the new gameplay. the feel of the game is just so much better. will come back with more comments after playing more..but i love the game so far.

I increased all keepers' goalkeeping skills to 90-99 and they don't suck that much anymore.

Winning the cup wasn't difficult with "pro" though... when you figure out the through pass button scoring is still too easy. Maybe "top player" offers more challenge.

Here's the cup celebration btw... same old, same old...
YouTube - PES 2010 Cup winning celebration

Haven't you ever heard of spoiler tags?? :RANT:

Fancy posting the damn cup celebration...

PRO's:

+ Awesome soundtrack.
+ Good looking graphs.
+ Far better gameplay than 2008 and 2009. I enjoy play PES again after 3 years.

CON's:

- Awful chants.
- Less responsive than other years. Not bad at all, but anoying sometimes.
- License, as always.

OK, impartial view from a more, ahem, mature PES Fan. Been playing avidly online (only) since PES6. For me it's all about the gameplay....

It definitely plays different, and thus will take getting used to. So not surprising to see the same level of initial dissatisfaction. But does it play better?

+ Defence and tackling are better, and so there is less of this ' give it to Ronaldo and run' tedium.
+ Graphics are better and the play does feel more fluid and responsive than 2009. Definite improvements here.

- It's a bit quick, but I concede this is something I will get used to. Still though, feels 'arcadey' like 2008 (ugh!)
- Passing and shooting are FAR TOO EASY. Automated as others have said. Very obvious. There is little skill and thus satisfaction in scoring.
- Goalkeepers fall apart on crosses.

My overall feeling is that Konami should have done much better. They as much as admitted that 2008 was a turd, 2009 was rushed, and promised a huge improvement this year. The loyal customers expect!

Online had better be good with no lag and a way to eliminate cheaters. If it is still as easy to score then we are in for unrealistic and dull goalfests. Yawn.

Back
Top Bottom