first impressions thread

Grayperview

Streamer
13 December 2002
Everton fc
It's fucking awful.

Save your money for a good night out instead.

or put it towards a prostitute or what ever floats your boat.

Just don't put it in Konami's coffers, cause this game is truely shit!

Konami are just money grabbing bastards now who produce half hearted efforts at a football game.

Sorry to say this but pes is dead! (well it has been for a few years now)

I'll post more on why its shit later, at the moment its just left me flat couldn't even finish a game on it, it was just so dull and lifeless to play.

It's 10 times better than the last two years. If online works...i'm happy. If it doesn't.....then i'm pissed off.....again.

IM loving it. Just had a run thru CL mode. played around with the sliders and got everyone in center with me on the sideruns, love the tactics bit now.

I don't know, I can see why it's better then last year, but I'm puzzled. It feels too clunky (and clumsy), I can't dribble, I can't even keep the ball. I am all for adjusting, so I'll keep playing (and I just played a couple of match of the demo).
For now, weird.

Its miles a head better then last years PES and I am enjoying this more than the bug fest that is FIFA 10 for PS3 that I've had since release date.

Last edited:
WOrking my way through FIFA 10 for XBOX 360 and PES 2010 for PC... got both today, and I'm evaluating the single-player experience...initial impressions are that FIFA 10 has the animations, gloss and polish, but PES 2010 retains unique facets to the gameplay, and ML seems serious this year...but I'll review next week, when I've had more time.

Right played a couple more games.

+ nice graphics player models and lighting look the part.
+ controls and crisp and precise as usual on pes.

- Passing is awful, its way too assisted, virtually no skill at all in passing the ball around.

- Shooting "see passing" extremely assisted very little player input into it, its literally press shoot roughly facing goal and it smacks a shot on target.

- Crossing "see passing"

these all feel nice to do, but after playing fifa on manual or semi, you realize the CPU it helping you that much now there isn't any satisfaction anymore.

you hardy misplace a pass, you don't even have to be remotely careful the game is so scripted to make it easy as possible to pass from one player to another.

- Manual passing, un-usable never has been in previous versions of pes never will be. why they have left this on the right stick is bewildering.
Fucking EA showed them how to do it, they should have just copied them, its not like EA haven't copied of konami for years.

- The sound, fuck me how they can justify the crowd sound its beyond me, its fucking awful, the crowd on matchday 2 on the speccy was better than the repetitive shite they have churned out this year.

- away goals greeted with silence, fuck me do these cunts actually go to football matches.

- the keepers, never seen a keeper stay so close to his line in real life as they do on pes, ball drops just outside the box setting up a nice shooting chance what would you expect the keeper to do? id expect him to move forward a yard or 2 to narrow the angle, but no on pes they stay a yard off the line, effectively widening the goal.

- biggest minus of all no joy or satisfaction when you score.

This game is just poor, stick with pes 3-6 or get a 360 or ps3 and play fifa 10 on legendary if you wanna play a proper football game. PES10 is 5 years behind fifa now gameplay wise.

Last edited:
the master league is a very well thought masterpiece.. it's more like a management game with all the tactics and stuff.. I'm very glad that I dont face with the old interface.. and gameplaywise; it needs a bit getting used to.. I played the game with my rough logitech rumblepad2 but I'm getting my 360 degree chillstream today and let's see whats what..

PES10 is 5 years behind fifa now gameplay wise.
i think there's no gab between two games like that, 5 years etc.. but unfortunately i must say that i agree with your all other words.. :CRY: this game is disappointment for me.. thats all..

but the most strangest thing that the FIFA10 on 360 is gets my favourite soccer game..

Last edited:
It's way too fast and felt shit, but saying that I was using the xbox 360 controller since all my PS1/2 ones have been murdered so that's probably why it felt shit, but the speed what the feck? it's rapid. I think the presentation is always good on PES and this is even better, it looks nice the menus are different and the kickoff thing looks like a match poster which is a nice touch.

Only played one game, but the keepers ain't THAT bad, in 2009 the keepers ALWAYS saved shots that bounced off them right into the feet of the other team, so far I've seen the keepers atleast TRY and hold the ball when they save it so it doesn't roll for miles which I'm fucking glad with.

I'll play more later and see but after one game I liked looking at it more than playing it, saying that fifa 10 demo on the xbox was even shitter the way it felt, either I'm not used to the xbox controller or I don't have a fucking clue!

The defenders still react like shit.

I mean, if you don't control a defender, chances that he knows where the ball is are lower that zero. C'mon, the guys crosses right next to him, and he just stands there. A little bit of built-in awareness on them, Konami?

This ruined the demo for me, and I'll clench my teeth and continue playing, not giving up on PES.
And for the love of God, why is the hexagon gone?!

I mean, we get it that Konami wanted even more realism, but they could have left the hexagon, somewhere in the background, so we can get to it by spamming R1 or something.

Now, I have to flip through five screens of statistics, just to see who is faster...
And they could have just left it, I don't think anyone would have complained if it was there.

There are good things, but I am too pissed of at these two idiotic mistakes, that I won't bother to mention them.

Edit - I just remembered, the "quick" menu for selecting FK takers has been redesigned. Now, instead of a small and tidy menu, you get one big black one, that takes half the screen. And the default option selected is EXIT, so first you must move down to Change Player, then you must select one, and even though it takes half the screen - now, instead of five statistics on shooting and FK accuracy, you get one overall score.
I mean, you really have to try to screw that up so good!

Last edited:
first I have to say that ingame tactic menu ist totally messed up - why don't they keep the good old menu ??

I like the gameplay - this game is a lot better than last 2 versions !!

I also tried FIFA on XBOX 360 - which is getting really better, but I don't like player models and the proporation of players to field - absolutely unrealistic and gameplay feels once again like arcade game...

So right now I will play more games of pes2010. And if online mode works fine I will stay on PES-series....

I HATE the the stupid overblown lighting effect on the right-hand goalmouth - it is awful. It is far too bright and I have to strain my eyes to see what is going on whenever the play is in that area. Hope someone can come up with a patch/mod that fixes it. If not will need to stick to playing games at night. :(

yeah was a bit bright so tunred down the gamma a bit..
i dont mind the gameplay so far .. turning off frame skipping made alot of difference for me..
its definately a new graphics look which does well, the dribbling is harder to pull off .. i dont mind it so far..

Last edited:
I like it. A LOT. Master League looks interesting as well.

Just need a nice patch, and I'll be set for the next few months.

nah, its really bad.. the gameplay is def. goin backwards. The feeling of control is gone. The magic of pes was that the gameplay felt like u were in control and computer did minor alterations. But this game.. the dribbling especially, the passing, soo automated. worst of all the delay is still there in the final version. What happened to the responsiveness of PES?

Last edited:
Quite a disappointment. I usually try hard to adjust and adapt whenever the new games come out since 2001, but this time it is just unbearable. Improvement from the demo it is, but the unresponsiveness is still there, just less than the demo. Pass turn into complete nightmare when the AI keeps passing normal or through ball pass in stupid manner ( like kick the ball few feets ahead even though there is a player running ahead of the same direction). I am struggling controling the ball, dribbling, and when I want to pass, it takes way too long sometimes to pull off a pass.

I am so disappointed by the game, which is even worse than the demo. I wonder why it's getting worse and worse every year... It's getting more like FIFA and FIFA is becoming like PES.

:CONFUSE:

Footyfan you seem a bit too decided on this one without giving it more time, maybe its too easy to pass vs the CPU...I agree with you on a lot of things but the scoring is better than last years pes, its a lot tougher to score but shooting is a bit easy I admit

What I really don't understand is how Konami can make a mode like Community and screw it up so badly? Who ran that part of the game I would really like to know ! Compare fifa Lounge to Community and laugh your face off...Community you have to choose which member you wanna use before every match and THEN u choose teams and all that, and theres no standings...wtf is that...WHY wouldn't you have standings there on the main Community page which says each player's record, goals for etc...How you can screw up something so simple is beyond me and I shit on the idiots who put something like that out in this game, if you cant do it right just leave it out of the game you fucks.

I like the master league but they should have mixed the teams, I don't wanna play the french league but I wanna use Lyon, kinda dumb, unless I missed an option that allows you to do that. Gameplay is a lot better I think, the way in which you can counter attack is a lot smoother and action packed , the only thing I don't like and haven't liked in this series for a few years now is the player switching, its so fucking slow and when you need it most, when u call for a switch it switches to a fucken player thats ALREADY behind the ball, why the fuck would i wanna chase a player where theres one in front of him alreadY?

thats it for now

Sorry but ive played pes for 10 years, in the last 4 years the game has gone backwards, Fifa is 5 years ahead of pes, go back to pes 4 or 5 and tell me that pes has moved forward in the last 5 years, because it has not!

Where as fifa seems to have targeted PES5/we7 as the original benchmark built a game similar in style and feel and kicked on from there.

On field Gameplay wise PES is in the dark ages.

Sorry but ive played pes for 10 years, in the last 4 years the game has gone backwards, Fifa is 5 years ahead of pes, go back to pes 4 or 5 and tell me that pes has moved forward in the last 5 years, because it has not!

Where as fifa seems to have targeted PES5/we7 as the original benchmark built a game similar in style and feel and kicked on from there.

On field Gameplay wise PES is in the dark ages.

Totally in according with you. I play pes from 2002 and i don-t like fifa, not becouse i`m fanatic but becouse it doesn`t seems to be a simulator. This year, unfortunately, pes 2010 , with certainly, is not a simulator, but, i will continue to play pes...i mean pes 2009

This game sure is different, and R2 plays a bigger role now when holding onto the ball and more. So much to discover, this game will truly be rewarding after a month or 3 with intense playing :)

Like, in pes09 i often scored by dribbling from kickoff..just cant do that in pes2010, and the AI is aton more aggressive and onto you. passing the ball backwards and building up is something ive already done more now in pes10 than i did all together in pes09.

Back
Top Bottom