first impressions thread

the good:

- graphics, presentation, motion capture, videos, gameplay, optimization, champions league&europa league;

the bad:

- weak CPU AI, they just pass and pass and pass the ball forever with almost no intention to attack, too easy to steal a ball from CPU controlled players, passing and crossing too accurate;

I must be playing another game then. For me the tacking is much more difficult and less effective then in pes6.
Also, i feel the game is slow, not quick at all

U sad that u feel the game is slow...please, tell me your computer configuration, becouse, in my case, i feel the game is too fast, not slow at all.
my conf.: Intel core 2 duo 2,80 ghz, GF 8500 gt, Ram 2,25 gb

U sad that u feel the game is slow...please, tell me your computer configuration, becouse, in my case, i feel the game is too fast, not slow at all.
my conf.: Intel core 2 duo 2,80 ghz, GF 8500 gt, Ram 2,25 gb

intell core 2 duo, 2.26 ghz, 4,00 gb ram. Nvidea geforce 9600m gt

intell core 2 duo, 2.26 ghz, 4,00 gb ram. Nvidea geforce 9600m gt

Describe me please your NVidia configuration , with wich resolution, and game settings. I want to play more slow, but like i said, still, run faster. Your videocard is better like mine, but i don`t understand why ur game is slow and my is fast?!!

Describe me please your NVidia configuration , with wich resolution, and game settings. I want to play more slow, but like i said, still, run faster. Your videocard is better like mine, but i don`t understand why ur game is slow and my is fast?!!

Yeah, it's a lot faster for me too. It's definitely faster than the demo, which annoys me as I loved the pace of the demo.

I'm using a "AMD Phenom II x4 940 processor" and an "ATI HD4890 G.card"

@elfie
It must be your settings. Runs smnooth as butter here on default settings, Intel Core2Quad, 2gb RAM, GEForce 8800GT.

The good news is that online has vastly improved! Lag issues almost fully fixed! Still plenty of gripes, but they are minor - This game shines in online - fast, yes but exciting pace. Passing game is rewarded, though shooting is still too easy. However it is much harder to actually get a shot in! Gameplay overall and control are womderful and a definite step-up from 2009.

I'm satisfied. For now.

Enough! Back to the game. See you next year :)

through passes still seems to be restricted to me
especially the cross through balls are sometimes cpu cheated and going too much in the direction of the opposite keeper infront of the net, so u need to pass a usual ball

and too much header goals after crosses
even if the striker is in a bad position in the air(turnin around...)
looks weird but then in replay looks natural
haha

apart from that i like it, its near pes 6/5/3 to me whit some pros and some versus
6 was in the offense too easy, 5 was kinda too much defensive, 4 was fun but too fast
3 was ace

I think if we want to move to the next pes need to come together and do something, one would add all the complaints about the game and send it to Konami, the way she works and mind, I think it will not do much, but who knows. What do you think? We can do it get the best that has been done so far in the series and require that it be included in the next game. Each year, Konami promises much, but in the end there is only our disappointment. Sorry my english...

@elfie
It must be your settings. Runs smnooth as butter here on default settings, Intel Core2Quad, 2gb RAM, GEForce 8800GT.

The good news is that online has vastly improved! Lag issues almost fully fixed! Still plenty of gripes, but they are minor - This game shines in online - fast, yes but exciting pace. Passing game is rewarded, though shooting is still too easy. However it is much harder to actually get a shot in! Gameplay overall and control are womderful and a definite step-up from 2009.

I'm satisfied. For now.

Enough! Back to the game. See you next year :)

I'm saying the game is slow, but i mean the gameplay. It has nothing to do with smoothness. I play full screen 1440 x 900, everything on high and the game is smooth as butter. I just feel that the pace of the game is slow, not fast that is why i reacted.

through passes still seems to be restricted to me
especially the cross through balls are sometimes cpu cheated and going too much in the direction of the opposite keeper infront of the net, so u need to pass a usual ball

and too much header goals after crosses
even if the striker is in a bad position in the air(turnin around...)
looks weird but then in replay looks natural
haha

apart from that i like it, its near pes 6/5/3 to me whit some pros and some versus
6 was in the offense too easy, 5 was kinda too much defensive, 4 was fun but too fast
3 was ace

3 was ace,indeed

sorry but your the one that is a delusional fanboy, PES is not simulation if you had actually ever been to a football match you would see that pes is nothing more than a cheap pick up and play run and shoot arcade crapfest.

It once was great. now sadly its not.

Don't confuse nice feeling controls with Gameplay.

I don't think it's perfect but it's actually better than that bugged, rushed, poorly optimized arcade game fifa 10.

YouTube - FIFA 10 ONLINE GOALS COMPILATION

the ball movement isnt natural, the curving is wrong

the dribblings are too easy, noone around

playground for kids actually, thats what it is for me

After setting all goalies to 99 and reducing the shot accuracy by 20 globally you won't get many +25 meter shots in. But sometimes they STILL go in. You just need a bit of luck... but when it's rare, it's more satisfactory when it happens.

YouTube - Maxi goal in PES 2010

with all former PES versions i could dribble and score straight away after kickoff on hardest mode easy. with pes10 i havent been able todo once. i like the realism to that.

+ Gameplay, screamers, graphics, music, menus and TONS of national teams. I like national teams, they make me think of ISS 64.

- Every bloody corner is a bloody penalty on top player; turning is a pain in the ass but I had the same problem with pes 5/6 so i'ts probably me, CPU on professional just passes the ball around all the time, on regular is just too weak and on top player almost rapes me; refs are goddamn jackass and keepers are all Dida.

But overall I like it, i't WAAAAY better than PES 2009. Oh, and response time with me is OK. I probably have the super secret ultra pro copy with fixed response times.

i love the game! i have a few gripes with it though. the first one would be that the CPU passes the ball around too fast, its almost like pinball. im playing on top player 10 min games. however, i tried 15 min games, and its considerably reduced!
second one is that blatant fouls by the CPU go unpunished! ive had many clear penalties denied and many fouls in the rest of the field go unpunished as well. konami really needs to fix this issue in a patch if thats possible.
scoring is very easy. what i mean is that, simple shots go in, both by me and the CPU..some shots i expect the keeper to save easily go in with no problems.

besides these, overall i like the game. just need to address these issues and the game is awesome for me. one thing to note is that its not possible to please everyone..every person has their own preferences and as a result, a game which is great for someone might be absolutely crap for someone else..everyone is entitled to their own opinions and preferences of course..

Played intensivly for a few weeks now. gotta say this PES has the worst referees ever- they hardly ever call foul on my oppositions tackles from behind, ive had several last man HARD tackles from behind and not recieved a card even. its starting to become a huge disgrace, konami has lost face.

For corners reduce heading accuracy and power by the same amount -10 for all players. Try and anticipate tghe flight of the ball.

The real bugbear is the refereeing. It's worse than Stuart Atwell taking charge of a game.

Konami must address this in the patch because it can often ruin the game and they need to make the CPU pass the ball more or dribble with it too.

Defending wise try to stand off your opponent more and then bring another defender across. Slide tackles and barges work well to win the ball.

Back
Top Bottom