Firefox 3: Set a Guinness World Record

I had serious problems with page loading times on FF, this site takes forever.

Never have many problems with IE, prefer it to FF and Safari, which IMO isn't much cop.

ash did you edit your post ;))

someone said it was out or something and now its gone

Censorship Coopz?
;)

Btw i've been seeing some comparisons between browsers.
http://cybernetnews.com/2008/03/26/cybernotes-browser-performance-comparisons/

I some Safari in others FF wins. In some Opera wins!
What really surprised me was memory usage.

On startup Safari is the worst with IE8Beta being best. FF was second worst.
After opening 10 tabs, FF is the one that consumes less memory. Safari though is 3rd behind Opera. The worst was IE8Beta. With more than twice the memory usag of FF.

After opening 25 sites, everything is still practically the same.

After opening 25 sites and letting opened for 10 mins, memory usage goes from 118.2MB to 124.7MB. Safari 191.6MB to 210.4MB.

Take that you fruit lovers!
:-pp

The very first Safari window since startup does take a while to start up, thats true. But once its open its mighty fast :)). And then fast to open new Safari windows. I don't use tabbed browsing.

mozilla said:
Coming Tuesday, June 17th: Firefox 3

Whenever we’re asked “when is Firefox going to be released” we endeavor to answer to the best of our abilities, but the truth of the matter is that we’ll only ever ship “when it’s ready”. We have a lot of indicators that help us understand when the product is ready for release: feedback from our pre-release milestones, excitement in the community and the press, availability of compatible Add-Ons, and a large active beta community helping us ensure that the release is compatible with all the various sites on the Internet.

After more than 34 months of active development, and with the contributions of thousands, we’re proud to announce that we’re ready. It is our expectation to ship Firefox 3 this upcoming Tuesday, June 17th. Put on your party hats and get ready to download Firefox 3 — the best web browser, period.

Get those clicks ready! :))

One of the big things that puts me off using Opera or IE compared to Firefox is that with Firefox I can flick through the open tabs using Right CTRL + PageUp/PageDown, in IE/Opera I'm limited to using the tab button which would mean I have to move my hand off the mouse (being left handed and all), unless there's some way of configuring them both to use something else for tab scrolling?

Can't get on to download it, I don't think the servers are going to cope with this record attempt. :eh:

Calm down mate, I can sense you are excited. I'm going to try in a few hours :)

:FISH::FISH::FISH:
Same. I tried as well but like JB said, the servers must be unable to cope with the big amount of downloaders at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom