Firefox 3: Set a Guinness World Record

The new version of Opera (9.5) came out recently too, that's quite nice as well. Anyone? Hello?

Yeah I installed that, but only because it was working best with EA's fifa player database (now using IE7 for that though) so Opera becomes obsolete again due to lack of tab browsing left hand friendliness :(

I'm on a Mac so I didn't know how to pull of your method. But I sorted it now - I made a search, and on the page that gave me the results (in Thai), I clicked the GOOGLE logo and clicked GOOGLE in English, and now all my searches are in English.

Thanks anyway!

I installed over my old one, everything has transferred over perfectly.

Both on my personal laptop and my work PC, no issues with either.

well its worked but none of my 11 add-ons have worked

back to the old one

I installed 3.0 over my 2.0 and strangely it's not 100% with passwords, maybe half the sites have kept the username/password and half I have to log in again, maybe some cookie issues.

All my addons are working now except tabbrowser preferences but that hasn't been updated for 2 years, found and installed "Tab Mix Plus" and that does everything I want, plus it replaced two other separate addons (undo close tab & reload every)

Yeah I installed that, but only because it was working best with EA's fifa player database (now using IE7 for that though) so Opera becomes obsolete again due to lack of tab browsing left hand friendliness :(
I'm not sure I should even ask but what's tab browsing left hand friendliness?

I'm not sure I should even ask but what's tab browsing left hand friendliness?

LOL I already covered it elsewhere in the thread ;)

Basically I'm left handed so use the mouse with my left hand, Firefox lets me scroll tabs with my Right CTRL and Pgup/down, IE and Opera only let me scroll tabs with the Tab key :)

not even adblock and foxytunes work when i update

Adblock worked fine for me once I'd download the new release.

not even adblock and foxytunes work when i update

Ad-Block working perfectly here. And five mins ago I got a message saying a new Ad-Block update is out too, maybe to resolve some probs that you and others are having?

It's possible nothing is new from the beta version, beta are beta to see if they're stable as much as everything, often it's just a case of renaming beta to final and that's the difference.......

Usually from Release Candidates to final version, there is new features, just bugfixes. People from FF2 will be the ones to notice the difference.

Ad-Block works fine here. I updated it though, but it was still functioning without the update.

I have fully working FF 3 now :))

I just got a password backup thing and exported my bookmarks and then did a fresh install and added all the add-ons i wanted

i got rid of the shitty location bar search thing as well

Oh yeah its alot faster starting up and loading webpages :TU:

Forget Ad-Block, get AdMuncher people! It's bloody great!

Anyway, the memory on Firefox is crap as well. I don't understand it. I have just GMail and and over 100mb RAM. Can't it recycle it?

The new version of Opera (9.5) came out recently too, that's quite nice as well. Anyone? Hello?

i've been using opera since version 3.x way back in 1998 and love it.

as you say, v9.5 is out and it's the dogs' nuts! downloaded firefox in the past, as well as during the record attempt, but it will never get me away from opera.

not sure why i don't like firefox - guess it's what you're used to i suppose...

firefoxcompare.png

Safari on Mac got faster than Firefox 3 on most sites.

I have fully working FF 3 now :))

I just got a password backup thing and exported my bookmarks and then did a fresh install and added all the add-ons i wanted

i got rid of the shitty location bar search thing as well

Oh yeah its alot faster starting up and loading webpages :TU:

why would you do that?

It's great. So many good things we can do with it. It's the "awesome bar". :-pp

i would name it the "shitty bar" :))

why would i want to search my bookmarks? I bookmark for a reason and if i wanted to go there i would click bookmarks not type it in the location bar

its just annoying and intrusive

Basically I'm left handed so use the mouse with my left hand, Firefox lets me scroll tabs with my Right CTRL and Pgup/down, IE and Opera only let me scroll tabs with the Tab key :)
Ah I getcha. I use the right mouse button and scroll wheel combo for that, whichever hand the mouse is in.

It's more than that Coopz.
I for one love it. It makes so much easier with vast number of bookmars I have, and one thing I love is just typing the name of a web site like "evo-web" and hit enter and just work. And if it doesn't find it, it will go to google and do an automatic search.

Back
Top Bottom