Fight Night Round 4 (PS3/360)

I've now got this on 360 if anybody wants to add me and have a scrap.

Tag = PU6HY (six in middle)

i'm 4 more fights away from being the G.oA.T!!!

problem is i'm 35. i pray they don't retire me before i can knock 4 mugs out. :(

I need help.

I have worked my way into the top 15, now I have to fight Lennox Lewis and beat him to progress further up the rankings, have had 4 fights against and got soundly beaten each time. My boxer is 5"8 and does not have a long reach, whereas Lennox does, my style of fighting is to throw quick combinations and get out and slowly wear down the boxer, this does not work against Lennox is he is very good at countering and with his reach advantage he just picks me off.

I have tried various tactics against him in the fights but nothing has worked. HELP!

I need help.

I have worked my way into the top 15, now I have to fight Lennox Lewis and beat him to progress further up the rankings, have had 4 fights against and got soundly beaten each time. My boxer is 5"8 and does not have a long reach, whereas Lennox does, my style of fighting is to throw quick combinations and get out and slowly wear down the boxer, this does not work against Lennox is he is very good at countering and with his reach advantage he just picks me off.

I have tried various tactics against him in the fights but nothing has worked. HELP!

I haven't had much experience with the heavy weights.

But I have with Middleweight and featherweight.

I think when you are matched up against somebody much better than you, you need to just work on timing your blocking right. Then when you have a successful block just counter. Do this for the first few rounds. this will wear them down abit, as they will be doing all of the work aswell. Then as you keep doing it then add a few combos here and there.

This usually works for me, but you have to be patient and hope that their better power doesn't blast threw your blocking.

Also you might want to just fight a few more boxers that are at the same level or a bit shitter than you, to build up your stats with extra training before you fight him again. Work on punch power and stamina - these are usually the best to build up quickly.....and also your chin ;))

I've developed a tactic of late of leaping in with a bodyshot, then immediately blocking my head, get a lot more counter opportunities that way.

Also for signature punch, choose the leaping hook, it's deadly, got numerous flash KD's with it.

I've developed a tactic of late of leaping in with a bodyshot, then immediately blocking my head, get a lot more counter opportunities that way.

Also for signature punch, choose the leaping hook, it's deadly, got numerous flash KD's with it.

I never use my signature punch, always forget its there.

I started a legacy with Billy Dib on Champion difficulty and I currently have
15(15)-0-0

But I haven't really fought anyone that tough yet - I will probably in my next fight, so I will see if champion really is that much harder. I may have to just go on G.O.A.T difficulty though, but I have a feeling that will be a big leap for me.

Yeah I also kept forgetting it was there, then I had a rematch with a really tough guy who I'd struggled to beat in 6 rounds, timed a couple of signature counters and he was done in 2 rounds.

i got the game a few days ago thoroughly enjoyed it. i just started to play online and was 5-0 before i played a spammer just. obviously i lost, i was just wondering does anybody have any tips for playing them? i was really annoyed cuz i got lots of countering opportunites in every round except he managed to block them each time unless i jabbed :(

Thanks guys, will try again tonight.

For online spammers, I just block and let them punch themselves out and then I pick them off in later rounds when their stamina is low!

Is online just bad and laggy or is it just my internet connection? Online games work fine on my PC but Fight night is just appalling and not smooth at all

Playing with Billy Dib and got knocked the fuck out, twice in the space of 3 games!

So I have now 2 losses to my name :(( they came out of nowhere aswell. My player just seemed to get weaker for some reason. One of them I had a rematch with and kicked his arse! the other I will wait till I get a bit stronger as his stats were way better than mine.

looks like Champion difficulty is getting more......difficult ;))

It is going to be my aim in this game to go undeafeted in legacy on G.O.A.T difficulty :DD that should keep me busy for a while after this legacy is over.

Have slowly worked my way into the top 10 on legacy mode, have got to Tyson, how the hell do you beat this guy? He is relentless, I have tried blocking but he just keeps coming forward and eventually knocks me out by round 4 or 5.

I was ranked 16th, and I think it was Joe Frazier challenged me as he wanted an easy fight. He was the champ.

I knocked him out in the 1st round. after he had knocked me down. Couldnt believe it.

So I was the champ, and lost the next fight to a made up boxer. I am ranked 3rd or something, but my overall rating is something like 74.

Think I need to train more.

Legacy mode is brilliant!

Last edited:
I was ranked 16th, and I think it was Joe Frazier challenged me as he wanted an easy fight. He was the champ.

I knocked him out in the 1st round. after he had knocked me out. Couldnt believe it.

So I was the champ, and lost the next fight to a made up boxer. I am ranked 3rd or something, but my overall rating is something like 74.

Think I need to train more.

Legacy mode is brilliant!

My last legacy mode I only got my player upto 79 overall. But I got G.O.A.T. I had my punch power all the way up and stamina. Also had high blocking and chin. I think these are the main ones to do well.

I stayed at 79 though, because my speed was still in the 60's and head movement etc.

At the moment my player is on 77 and I don't think he will get over 80.

My next legacy I will go for Heavy weights and try and do that :))

Loving the legacy mode,Just retired my Amir Khan I won two lightweight belts, both great fights against Pernell Whittaker and Arturo Gatti before moving up to Welterweight and winning two belts in that division beating Floyd Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya. the highest i got Khan rated at was 82 just using the auto train.

WTF is with this new SRL olympic download? It say's "press Y to purchase" and then it's asking for 9999 points??

Oh lads check out if you can the recent Jnr Witter fight,what a cock.See the punch he throws and does a complete forward roll.Misses Devon Alexander and nearly goes out of the ring.It's in round one.:P

What the fuck is going on with online!

I had a couple of fights online when I first got it and they were hard but fine.

Just had a couple of quick matches in middleweight and lightweight. I chose a fighter on the same overall stats as my opponent. But in both games their boxers seemed to have infinate stamina?! and could just rain haymakers one after the other like normal punches?!

One guy just kept punching me in the ribs, left and right. I could not block any of them! and he just smacked me until all my stamina ran out and then he could do whatever he wanted.

I have played loads of games vs the computer and I am pretty good at blocking and countering on 'Champion' difficulty. But I literally just could not block their body shots?! it was fucking ridiculous!

Also my player seemed like he was at half the speed to theirs aswell?

I really don't know what is going on, but it makes it fucking unplayable. It's like I am superman and all of my opponents are wearing Kryptonite!

Looks like I will just stick to offline and do a few more legacy modes :((

Yep, yet again people ruining the online experience with faggy tactics and exploits. It's happened in almost every game I've bought online this year.

nothing major, just thought would add this detail also

To celebrate the release of the DLC and new control scheme, EA will be releasing an updated demo on Xbox LIVE, giving players an opportunity to try it out for themselves. The new demo will include a 12 round match-up between Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali. The demo is slated for between now and early September.

Back
Top Bottom