FIFA10 Semi/Manual 360 League

I'm not moaning as such, I just think it ruins the concept of the semi/manual side of things. It makes it unfair straight off the bat. People will clearly see differently on it but I'm just giving my two cents.

It's not like there's a switch to turn it off though, like there is with the assistance options etc...

How would you "police" that kind of thing? It wouldn't work.

Just cos you always play like that doesn't make it right. One of the biggest gripes people have with FIFA is the fact that online the kiddies just pressure the fuck out of you constantly without their players seeming to get tired.

Nobodies saying no pressure and no sprinting, its just that some people like to play FIFA realistically which means you have to do it less but like you said, there's no rules so you play however you want.

Sorry, but I thought we were stopping pressuring in this league?
That's what i'd hoped would happen, but we'll just have to accept it's not really possible to set an enforcable rule on it so if people play that way we'll just have to put up with it :(...

The two games i've played so far (against Bitter and Jamie) have been good, without excessive pressuring and both sides being allowed to actually play football.
In both the matches I have very rarely actually used the A or B buttons, i've used the jockey (LT) and running jockey (LT + RT) for the vast majority of my defending, it's not the most effective way (just holding RT + A + B is) but I think it's the most realistic way, even if it does sacrifice some results... I'll only defend like that though if my opponent plays fairly, the only way to have a somewhat fair game with someone who pressures all game is to fight fire with fire... the problem then though is that the game is so ugly and boring and i'd rather poke my eyes out with cocktail sticks.

I know not all my opponents will want the game to resemble football and will just want to win at all costs even when there is no prize for winning... That's just the mentality of some people i'm afraid.
Thankfully there are some like-minded people to myself on here but unfortunately there are some cheesers as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as people play on Semi passing and the rest manual thats it.

Hopefully in the future, the pressure buttons will change.

But we can't tell people not to pressure, because that can be a tactic football.

The games are better if people relax on the pressure buttons. But its another thing that we have got from PES and is maginified when playing manual games.

Lets all just accept people might use the pressure and jsut get on with the league and try not to get annoyed by it.

James is obviously a good bloke and is not doing it to be a dick. Thats just the way he plays the game, I used to use the pressure buttons alot aswell, because thats what I did in PES. But I learned that in my opinion if both teams hold off the pressure, a better game is played.

Also if you use less pressure you leave less gaping holes to exploit aswell.

Anyway, lets stop the pressure bashing as it is ingrained into peoples habits. Like how manual is getting more popular, people using the pressure buttons less will also become popular, but it will take time.

Lets all just have some fun :DD

(Also I still use the pressure buttons at some points, so I am not totally taking it out of my game, I just use it alot less)

Last edited:
At the end of the day you will only have to play people twice in the whole campaign so it won't make too much of a difference come the end of the season

At the end of the day you will only have to play people twice in the whole campaign so it won't make too much of a difference come the end of the season
2 out of 18 games which is more than 10% of the whole campaign.

Then if it's more than one player who does it, it's going to be more than 2 games... As an example let's just say theres 3 players who do it (not naming names), it would be 6/18 games, a third of the campaign. That's definitely enough to make a difference.

@Bobby - Pressuring shouldn't really be a habit from PES... holding it on PES5/6 was like pressing a "self-destruct" button because onrushing defenders could be skipped past easily and you'd just leave big gaps in your midfield/defence.
This is one area PES still beats FIFA in, the defensive side of the game is so much better.

I used to press a lot, but you can't control a game doing that. CW taught me a good lesson the other day.

Personnaly, what I hate the most with manual settings, is how most opponents play. You know when they only play for the win, they don't cross at all ! They don't even try once !
They wait for you to press with a center back to score a cheap goal. So no pressing means they can't score.

We'd have still stayed up with points at Old Trafford and Villa Park, which were on the cards. Still, we're top now. :SMUG:

2 out of 18 games which is more than 10% of the whole campaign.

Then if it's more than one player who does it, it's going to be more than 2 games... As an example let's just say theres 3 players who do it (not naming names), it would be 6/18 games, a third of the campaign. That's definitely enough to make a difference.

Oh I am sorry I forgot about the £100 prize money that we are playing for at the end of the season....hang on we aren't playing for anything we are playing for fun. Some people need to lighten up

Oh I am sorry I forgot about the £100 prize money that we are playing for at the end of the season....hang on we aren't playing for anything we are playing for fun. Some people need to lighten up
That's exactly the point I am making.

If we are just playing for fun, I think people should allow each other to play football instead of stifling the game into a tackle fest just to have the best chance of winning.

Anyway, this topic isn't going anywhere (it can't really) so let's just get back to talking about the matches we're playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has their own way of playing the game though, that is the point I am trying to make. I just don't think that this needs to be a big issue.

Last edited:
lol :P.

Just so I don't get labelled a cheat by everyone, I only know one exploit, watch it here and a more advanced version here and i've reported it on the EA forums and i've only used it against twats in the online lobbies who pressure all the time.

lol :P.

Just so I don't get labelled a cheat by everyone, I only know one exploit, watch it here and a more advanced version here and i've reported it on the EA forums and i've only used it against twats in the online lobbies who pressure all the time.

I haven't scored one chip over the keeper yet! how is it a cheat? I jsut can't do it :((

Put through balls on manual and start chipping them over the keeper in the arena, you'll see why it's a cheat :P.

Normal chipped shots aren't as easy, but they are still easier than in real life.

I've played 4 games now.. mixed bag of pressuring which is fine by me... Against Rob i found myself holding it trying to claw back into the game, but it actually just made things worse. I think so far the pressuring has been fine because its not all the time by every player...

Banning it does nobody any favours because it never happens anywhere else..

By the way Rob continued his own personal goal of the season with a Hitzlespurger Boomtown goal... 30 yards in off the bar.... Boooooom

blackburn 0 - 1 Udinese
well played mate great game judge shredd

Both of us hit a post in this game, and I almost gave James the lead with an effort of an own goal, thankfully the keeper trapped it and cleared it. Really struggling with Manual Crossing though, actually managed to get into a good crossing position only for my player to stick it out for a throw. Could be a long season, but glad to be part of the league.

Put through balls on manual and start chipping them over the keeper in the arena, you'll see why it's a cheat :P.
Its not just chipped through balls. The normal through ball can also be used like a shot but with the keeper finding it harder to stop it cuz it doesnt react to it like an attempt on goal.
Its sad really cuz just like pressuring, its not something you can just turn off and solve the issue. I'd love to take these things out but lets be honest. If you were in the middle of a tight game losing 3-2, and the opportunity came to exploit one of the two flaws above to tie the game, how many of you could resist it? I know I couldnt.

If you were in the middle of a tight game losing 3-2, and the opportunity came to exploit one of the two flaws above to tie the game, how many of you could resist it?
I know I couldnt.
Scumbag.

HAHAHA, joke, couldn't resist, sorry. I bet there's a certain one or two very serious people DYING to say that. :D

I wouldn't do that. I'd just have a normal shot and hopefully score. Why aren't you in this league Chris?

I'm on tomorrow, so just send me a message if you want to play me. If I am not on xbox live, just message me in here or in chatbox and I will come on :DD

How about making the "standing tackle" button just a "standing tackle" button? With no auto-run for the ball and get it for me! And making call 2nd defender position a defender in front of the attacker but doesn't tackle except when the attacker goes into him? Just covering until the "real guy" comes and takes the ball.

Edit: And using the standing tackle button in a wrong time would cause a foul. That would probably increase the number of fouls per game to match real life numbers not this 2-3 fouls per game BS.

(Joe) Leverkuson 0 - 0 Ajax (Me)

(Jay82Jay) Fuham 0 - 0 Ajax (Me)

(Me) Ajax 0 - 0 Fulham (Jay82Jay)

Three 0-0 draws but they were fun games - if it was on semi shooting the games would have definately had more goals, some sitters and one on ones missed.

All good fun :DD

Going to have my xbox turned off - but if anybody wants to play me just leave a message on here or put something in the chat box and I will come and play :DD

Back
Top Bottom