FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

In my opinion FIFA 19 feels heavier,deeper and harder. Pes 2019 feels lighter and more fun. I play 2 matches FIFA 19 and than 2 matches Pes 2019. Two different experiance. Pes 2019 need patch to feel more solid.

Yesterday i played four matches FIFA 19 and four matches Pes 2019. FIFA 19 feels much football......Pes 2019 feels fun but more arcade game. FIFA feels a little bit slow motion but it's not problem for me.
they're both very good but flawed games this year. I'm glad I bought both, I like them despite their faults.

Need to start a Career Mode on FIFA in Ultimate and just stick to it, i never even get quarter way through season. Maybe it will throw up surprises here and there.

None of the big Career Mode youtubers are winning with ease in Ultimate, they come unstuck...so I need to persist.

I change my opinion about graphics becasue FIFA 19 in particular day matches looks very good. The same level like Pes 2019 or even better. Turnig in FIFA 19 looks much better than Pes 2019. In Pes it feels like 8 direction in FIFA 19 feels full 360 degree.It's funny becuse FIFA 10 on PS3 (first time EA put 360 direction) felt better on turning direction than PES 2019. I was wrong about physics too. Of course Pes 2019 has good physics but FIFA has deeper one. Still players models looks much better in Pes 2019. Ball physics looks in Pes better too. Overall FIFA 19 after played 40 matches online compere to Pes 2019( around 140 matches) looks better game. We will see what happen when patch comming to Pes 2019.

I am reading some sales results and quite shockingly it seems Fifa 19 has sold a lot less than Fifa 18.

This is not just based on UK rankings where they only count physical sales. Also in Germany (despite EA robbing Konami of their Dortmund agreement and despite having exclusive Bundesliga license) Fifa 18 total sales (physical+digitaly) were more than 1mln copies in 2 days while Fifa 19 instead only sold more than >500.000 copies (there is not a precise number)

All ive read this that people (not on here) are hating Fifa19.
Mainly FUT users so you know whats going to happen. If people aren't spending as much money on FUT as last year EA will patch it to play like FIFA18.
I reckon by Jan this game wont play as it does now.

I reckon by Jan this game wont play as it does now.
Given how little they've changed the game since beta (and only positively, as far as most of us are concerned), I'd say this year marks a big change.

They've even introduced "Pitch Notes" to be more transparent about what they're changing and why - so if the next patch will kill the game for us, we should know, because they'll say shit like "slightly faster gameplay" and "timed shooting made easier".

Given how little they've changed the game since beta (and only positively, as far as most of us are concerned), I'd say this year marks a big change.

They've even introduced "Pitch Notes" to be more transparent about what they're changing and why - so if the next patch will kill the game for us, we should know, because they'll say shit like "slightly faster gameplay" and "timed shooting made easier".

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how much they patch. Most people in here who are only playing single player probably don't realize that this game is playing really poorly in online multiplayer and fixes are needed. The hardest thing right now is figuring out how much of that is due to differences in gameplay this year, and how much is just due to EA's shit servers or whatever it is that makes it so poor at times online. In my experience, many of the complaints - it's slow, players are sluggish, passing sucks - is actually down to the online issues, because while these aren't problems offline, I've definitely experienced them in online multiplayer.

You just gotta hope that if the bank balance shows different to last years and they fear Fifa 20 will decline further they stick to their guns and not change it.

@Chris Davies Speaking of timed shooting. I finally got the hang of it...! It’s a nice addition, imo, and shooting hard low (L1+R2 that is for me) is fine too!!
I turned Trainer completely off. Just relying on the triangle changing colours. It’s enough indication for to see if I did well or not. As a bonus: I like the look of scuffed shots! Is it scuffed? I mean these balls going astray... lovely animations in some instances!! :D when I have to smile about the (bad) outcome, I don’t mind the shot not going at target! :)

Edit: you guys are too fast. ;)

Playing with Hansa Rostock in CM and had a CB sent off early on. Because I took off a forward and replaced the CB with another defender I had to do some swapping around on the team sheet. What I forgot to do though was alter the team sheets for each individual situation I'd previously set up for attack/defence. Cost me a couple of goals before I realised.

Playing with Hansa Rostock in CM and had a CB sent off early on. Because I took off a forward and replaced the CB with another defender I had to do some swapping around on the team sheet. What I forgot to do though was alter the team sheets for each individual situation I'd previously set up for attack/defence. Cost me a couple of goals before I realised.
That's a point! I'd never even considered that, awkward.

I've no idea why when you set up the formations it moves all the players around? I couldn't see Pulisic anywhere when I had a centre half sent off and went defensive.. .finally find him at left back. Why??

Few games into a career mode with Leicester and I must say the premier league package is stunning. Played at Newcastle away and it looked amazing.

I've no idea why when you set up the formations it moves all the players around? I couldn't see Pulisic anywhere when I had a centre half sent off and went defensive.. .finally find him at left back. Why??
Because if you set five different formations for your five different strategies, you have to fit your starting 11 in somewhere. Or alternatively, you've taken the default strategy where someone has been at LB and put them at CB, but that only updates it for the default strategy - you need to change it across all five.

They certainly could execute it better by giving you the option of copying your balanced formation to the other slots so you're able to make minor tweaks rather than having to build it from scratch for each.
Do you know what's really, really, really annoying about that (and a little bit insulting)?

You can do precisely that in FUT. But not in Career Mode. For absolutely no reason.

For example, something that really bothered me this year was when playing with Liverpool, Salah's weak foot didn't really feel like a weak foot. There was greater error, but it wasn't enough and the way he'd use and strike the ball with his right wasn't realistic.

That has been a recurring problem for the last 10-12 years in PES. For modern versions of PES (14 through 19) There are even times when I get the idea that the stats are inverted (Accuracy=Usage, Usage=Accuracy, 4=lowest value, 1=highest value)...

If pes sort out the issues pes wins on the pitch hands down for me. Playing on fifa against villa or any other team above proffeional they turn on the tika taka barcelona esq type football. Drop down to proffesional and they are way too tame. Tried all different sliders inc my own which help in some areas and make it worse in others..oh and there's no fouls in most of my matches sometimes I get 1 or 2

In this moment Fifa 19 wins for me. Game feels much solid without stupid issues. Keepers AI is very good. In Pes 2019 keepers AI is bad and this is for me game breaker. When my opponet in Fifa 19 score a goal i dont’t feel confused but in Pes a lot of goals looks poor because keepers have bad AI.

If pes sort out the issues pes wins on the pitch hands down for me. Playing on fifa against villa or any other team above proffeional they turn on the tika taka barcelona esq type football. Drop down to proffesional and they are way too tame. Tried all different sliders inc my own which help in some areas and make it worse in others..oh and there's no fouls in most of my matches sometimes I get 1 or 2

What difficulty level are you playing in PES? Because in my experience this year it's even worse in PES when you get up to Superstar.

To be fair, I don't think we can discount our own ability levels. Maybe you're better at PES than FIFA and I'm vice versa, because if anything I find lesser teams way too easy to play against in FIFA, even on Ultimate difficulty. Hell, I'm mostly just playing FUT Squad Battles these days because of the lack of challenge in CM and I don't see a gross amount of tiki taka, even when playing against superpowered perfect chemistry teams.

I really don't think we can discount our own skill levels and run of bad/good form with the game. Earlier this week I was absolutely hating FIFA, losing more than winning, and at some points even thinking I was done with this game until fixes came. But then I had a really long session yesterday that was superb. Whereas earlier in the week I was feeling cheated on just about every goal scored by the CPU, I don't think I saw a single BS goal by the CPU yesterday that pissed me off. Everything was clicking and it was some of the best football gaming I've played in a while.

Just food for thought.

So after spending the last few months playing both, this year for me, for the first time in years I may add, Pes is the more enjoyable game for me. And I can't believe I've just said that.

Going back to Pes, the passing is just more organic, the outfield play is just more organic. The way players move and link play is superb. Yes theres AI problems which I hope will be fixed next week, but the game is challenging to me, and in short bursts of single matches it really works for me.

I love the graphics and the individual looks of the players and their traits. I can tell its Salah, Costa, Firmino or Insigne. The camera is also more suitable and I love the little touches of the players with the outside of the boot.

Thats not to say Fifa doesn't have those because they do, in fact more so, the animations are varied and beautiful, but the thing that kills this years version for me is the motion capture of the players. Its absolute dogshit. The transition between walk, jog and sprint is jarring. The touches are often heavy when running with it, I don't know what it is but it feels gangly and unwieldily. The 360 degree motion of the players lacks the organicness of Pes and its so difficult to play with. Add in the ball physics where they seem to have removed the bobbleness of the ball and now its like a heavy bowling ball when passed, it slows down to quickly too across the turf as if attached to Velcro strips.

The CPU play is more varied but it seems easier to win games. Playing exhibition games and my record agains the CPU even on full manual is massive compared to 18, and I think it is because the AI tends to just hit first time shots rather than assess their situation like in previous Fifas. This year they play the ball into the box and no matter what they go for a first time shot. Last year they may have held the ball up and played someone in. Or dribbled and then hit a shot.

Fifa is enormously disappointing for me this year, it really is. For me its gone backwards. The motion of the players really grates. I hope this forthcoming patch for Pes fixes things.

I just can't find a decent camera angle on pes - yet during the replay I see some excellent angles that are unavailable to me.
Also there's just no atmosphere in pes.
I think Fifa comes alive in the box and midfield is a battle whereas in pes there is no midfield at all.
Be interesting to see what the patch fixed and it really needs to be a major fix because at the moment I'll be selling pes (again) on Friday.

Since the patch PES 2019 definitely plays a better game of football than fifa does. It just feels right when in possession.

I don’t think I can go back to single player fifa now we’ve got post patch PES [thats what I will call PES 2019 from now on btw...Post Patch PES]

Fifa cpu is tiki taka speed speed speed without sliders and a turgid slog with sliders. Too many teams play exactly the same in fifa and on my save, Macclesfield play like Man City, it’s too much to handle.

First time since PES 2013 that I prefer single Player PES to fifa. My only worry is that there isn’t enough content in Post Patch PES to keep me busy but we will see...for now though:-

Master league here I come!!

Back
Top Bottom