Fifa 2010 - First Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Power

League 1
18 July 2003
Interview with Santiago Jaramillo - Fifa2010 gameplayproducer

Manager Mode:
Many of you have suggested several improvements for Manager Mode in FIFA 10. While we won’t be able to address all of them this year, I can tell you that many of the issues you mentioned will be solved for FIFA 10. We know that Manager Mode is one the most important in the game, and as such it received a lot of attention from the development team this year. This means having more realistic results in sim matches (i.e. more realistic league table); having a more compelling transfer system; improved atmosphere, player growth, and many more. In the end, it is a matter of prioritizing and have a plan that will continue to improve MM not just in FIFA 10, but in all the FIFAs to come.

Flick Passes:
We are constantly trying to improve our passing system, and part of it is adding variety. Last year we implemented swerve on through balls, so that skilled passers could play more effective through balls. Flick passes are definitely part of the game. What we have to ask ourselves is whether we want them to be contextual (such as back heel passes in the game right now) or using the R1 or RB modifier.

Ball Physics:
We made changes to the ball physics last year, and it became what I think is the most realistic ball behaviour in-air that we have had. However, there were a few problems that we did not have time to fix, such as the ball bouncing too fast after it hits a player. We are working this year to polish this feature and fix issues such as this.

Defensive Line Height:
We always need to have a balance between defending and attacking. At the moment, the attacking team has an edge when it comes to ground and lofted through balls. I think part of the problem is that the defensive line defends too high at times, and that our lofted through balls are too accurate. We are definitely aware of this issue and we hope that it will be much improved for FIFA 10.

General Gameplay:
As I mentioned before, there is only so much we can do in one development cycle, so we won’t be able to address all of the concerns at once. That said, in FIFA 10 we hope you get a much better gameplay experience through improvements in all of our areas: CPU AI, set pieces, physical play, defending, positioning, goalkeeping, etc…

Last edited:
Been talked about for a while now, I'm presuming that you nicked it from THIS article and that you've seen the discussion HERE. ;)

Another fact is that EA bought the Champions League license back again. Along with the UEFA Europa League, they will have the two best licenses. KONAMI bought the Copa Libertadores license but will only feature the 10 of the 32 teams in PES 2010. Seems like FIFA will be better this year.

Another fact is that EA bought the Champions League license back again. Along with the UEFA Europa League, they will have the two best licenses. KONAMI bought the Copa Libertadores license but will only feature the 10 of the 32 teams in PES 2010. Seems like FIFA will be better this year.

source?

And well, this applies to the next-gen engine only, I guess..
What about PC users? Will they be given a proper (next-gen) football game at least by EA (I'm not really confident in PES anymore) or will they be forced to pley PES6 for another year?

Not that I don't like PES6, let's be clear.. I'd play it until I die if I were given the opportunity.. But I feel it's time for something more "solid" in terms of realism.. And FIFA next-gen is ahead of everything else, at the moment, when it comes to simulation..

Yes but its obviously not all they are doing it's just a few things he's pointed out will be changed, I really don't see the point in saying they are 'going pes on us' when anyone with half an eye and basic reading skills can see this is not the case.

Paul said:
I don't think the list is by any means a comprehensive list, it's merely a small summary of some of the gameplay elements that Santiago could mention at that point in time (and place ie the EA forums), I don't think we all need to beat our breasts just yet ;)

:WHISTLE:

And well, this applies to the next-gen engine only, I guess..
What about PC users? Will they be given a proper (next-gen) football game at least by EA (I'm not really confident in PES anymore) or will they be forced to pley PES6 for another year?

Not that I don't like PES6, let's be clear.. I'd play it until I die if I were given the opportunity.. But I feel it's time for something more "solid" in terms of realism.. And FIFA next-gen is ahead of everything else, at the moment, when it comes to simulation..

This is the reason for no FIFA10 NG:
peter_moore_xbox_360_2.jpg

More like...

34931656.jpg

oFifa09o just out of interest, you going to re-register as oFifa10o when it comes out?

To be fair it would probably end up like GTA 4 PC (poorly optimized for older computers). The whole game is coded against multiple cores and to rewrite it to scale down perfectly for people with bad/old computers will take a lot of resources which they obviously don't think is worth it economically. If it was only offline they could probably get away with it but because the physics, animations and AI needs to behave exactly the same for everyone online it makes the task much bigger. First person games and other games generally don't need 100% perfect sync in physics or many other things for that matter to work online, but in this game it is crucial. Blame all the cunts with old computers.

To be fair it would probably end up like GTA 4 PC (poorly optimized for older computers). The whole game is coded against multiple cores and to rewrite it to scale down perfectly for people with bad/old computers will take a lot of resources which they obviously don't think is worth it economically. If it was only offline they could probably get away with it but because the physics, animations and AI needs to behave exactly the same for everyone online it makes the task much bigger. First person games and other games generally don't need 100% perfect sync in physics or many other things for that matter to work online, but in this game it is crucial. Blame all the cunts with old computers.

If they simply ported the game straight (aka raising the min specs to dual cores) it would cost them almost nothin and people would have bought it...now they make crap and it simply sells like crap...IMO it all will depend what KONAMI does with PES2010 PC....

Oh god, not this conversation again!

Jumbo said:
when anyone with half an eye and basic reading skills can see this is not the case.

You do realise who you are aiming this comment towards?! If his reading skills are equal to his writing skills.....;)

plus many RTS PC games have more physics and things happening then fifa09

Well I'm not that into RTS games, but are the physics really that important in those games? I mean do they have to sync 100%?

My point was not that FIFA use more of everything than other games, I was just saying that they can't get away with doing more simple physics for older computer because that would mean that in theory there could be a goal on one guys comp and not on the other. Or the ball/animations would have to resync a lot making it look choppy. Since animations are so important together with the physics (how the ball bounce when hitting the player and so on). In other games it generally doesn't matter if a bottle or box or whatever physics driven thing fly around a little bit different. Same with animations in other games, they usually doesn't affect the gameplay like it does in FIFA. That's what makes it so hard to scale down.

I'm also not saying that I agree what EA are doing, I just think they analysed the situation and come to the conclusion that polishing the PS2 version would make most profit in the end. I got a brand new computer so I would love for them to port the console version but I sadly believe that they will keep polishing the PS2 one for at least one more year.

Well I'm not that into RTS games, but are the physics really that important in those games? I mean do they have to sync 100%?

My point was not that FIFA use more of everything than other games, I was just saying that they can't get away with doing more simple physics for older computer because that would mean that in theory there could be a goal on one guys comp and not on the other. Or the ball/animations would have to resync a lot making it look choppy. Since animations are so important together with the physics (how the ball bounce when hitting the player and so on). In other games it generally doesn't matter if a bottle or box or whatever physics driven thing fly around a little bit different. Same with animations in other games, they usually doesn't affect the gameplay like it does in FIFA. That's what makes it so hard to scale down.

I'm also not saying that I agree what EA are doing, I just think they analysed the situation and come to the conclusion that polishing the PS2 version would make most profit in the end. I got a brand new computer so I would love for them to port the console version but I sadly believe that they will keep polishing the PS2 one for at least one more year.

yea but who is going to buy a ps2 port on a pc? not many but i bet they would sell alot more fifa10 games if it was a ps3/360 port.

you simply cant play pirated copies that easily online and online is a big part of fifa games ;)

Man that's a negative list or is it just me, talks about "wont be able to", "only so much we can do"... I honestly think we are talking very small tweaks in 10, especially on the MM side of things...

yea but who is going to buy a ps2 port on a pc? not many but i bet they would sell alot more fifa10 games if it was a ps3/360 port.

you simply cant play pirated copies that easily online and online is a big part of fifa games ;)

I can see that its not that hard to be smarter than Peter Mo(o)r(e)on....Only if EA could fire him as Microsoft did....

All been said before,jonney has to pipe on about PC's usual thing happens about this time while waiting for the next addition.MEH!

Well if they do decide to release a PS2 game again I would assume that they did an ok profit on FIFA 09 PC, otherwise it would make any sense really.

Well if they do decide to release a PS2 game again I would assume that they did an ok profit on FIFA 09 PC, otherwise it would make any sense really.
only they know the answer to that but surely a next gen fifa game would gain more profits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom