Fifa 2010 - First Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not again... This happened last year as well with people endlessly moaning about the PC version not being the proper version.

All I ever seem to see oFifa09o posting is complaints/rants about this... Get over it mate, if you want to play FIFA 09 or 10 NG then you must buy an Xbox 360 or PS3, that won't change.

Not again... This happened last year as well with people endlessly moaning about the PC version not being the proper version.

All I ever seem to see oFifa09o posting is complaints/rants about this... Get over it mate, if you want to play FIFA 09 or 10 NG then you must buy an Xbox 360 or PS3, that won't change.

Im just waiting for PS3 to go down in price....as soon as that happens Im on board (maybe this Christmas) ;)

Not if it cost more to produce and less people can play it due to not having good enough PC's.

I guess there are 2 million machines that can play Crysis so they can play FIFA...either way there are 2k with NBA, Capcom with RE5/SF4....all of whom dont simply make up excuse but release NG games on PC....I wouldnt mind a late FIFA10 NG on PC since that would keep me occupied with patches even if FIFA11 was 1.5 years later....

I'm not quite sure Crysis and FIFA have the same audience..FIFA is bought by seven year old Timmy with a crappy computer, while Crysis is bought by Jack, working for NASA and playing it during work time.

I'm not quite sure Crysis and FIFA have the same audience..FIFA is bought by seven year old Timmy with a crappy computer, while Crysis is bought by Jack, working for NASA and playing it during work time.

I guess little timmy deserves to have a pathetic game of football....I just cannot see EA going far with sales on this model...

This thread isn't going the direction I thought it would, time to close it and start again?

I would guess that the cost of developing a fully 'next-gen' Fifa for the PC is too high considering the small number of PC owners that have a system capable of playing it. It wouldn't make economic sense for EA to channel their resources towards the PC, especially in the current financial climate. Consoles gaming is a massive growth industry so that's where the focus will be.

As Rob said, get used to it. For most people an Xbox 360/PS3 is cheaper than the cost of upgrading your PC.

Yeees, but isn't having a television constantly blaring sound is more intrusive than a secluded computer somewhere? Especially when (like me) you're not allowed to be playing at all? If I got PS3 or Xbox, then my playing time would be drastically reduced (as I am still under the influence of my parents".

It's mostly that I'm forced to do work all the time. SO I say I have Biology work on the computer and I play PES and FIFA.

I would guess that the cost of developing a fully 'next-gen' Fifa for the PC is too high considering the small number of PC owners that have a system capable of playing it. It wouldn't make economic sense for EA to channel their resources towards the PC, especially in the current financial climate. Consoles gaming is a massive growth industry so that's where the focus will be.

As Rob said, get used to it. For most people an Xbox 360/PS3 is cheaper than the cost of upgrading your PC.

I doubt teh cost is alot. i mean the 360's archiecture is identical to a PC ie dirext X 9 framework. this is why the 360 was designed like a pc in mind so that its easier to port stuff. i would say that most of the cost of development would be leaning more towards the ps3 version of the game more then anything else to be honest.

Yes fifa is for the 360/ps3 for NG gameplay but there are some pc players out there and it will be stupid to ignore pc users too.

2k sports managed to port there games on the pc so why cant EA do it? Dont complain about piracy because you cant play a pirated copy of a game online and lets be honest, half of teh fun of fifa is online play.

Please respect peoples wishes for a PC port because if you dont, you would sound like a blatent console fanboy and we dont want to go down that route do we? if you dont like people commenting and moaning about a pc port then please just ignore the post unless you have some valid points to say.

Lets all be nice and im all for a PC NG fifa game this time round as i will buy it for the pc and ps3.

crysis is more then runnable in a pc that has a £100 graphics card in it. that myth of needing a £400 graphics card to run it is soo old and in the past, crysis is a 2 year old game lads and technology doesnt stay in a stand still in pc's

My pc is top of the range i must admit BUT my graphics card which now costs £160 now can play crysis at FULL settings at 1080p resoultion. a £100 can manage than in 720p or at 1080p with some settings on medium. o and im playing it on a vista 64bit machine which puts a further strain in pc gaming too.

i strongly believe that gone are the days where you would need such an expensive rig to play the latest games on pc's now because of the fact that most pc games are console ports

bite:

crysis is more then runnable in a pc that has a £100 graphics card in it. that myth of needing a £400 graphics card to run it is soo old and in the past, crysis is a 2 year old game lads and technology doesnt stay in a stand still in pc's

Precisely another reason why PC gaming isnt growing/ not getting the latest games. 2 years ago you would have needed to pay 400pound to play the game, now its "outdated". A console last for 5 years and the games and graphics just keep getting better and better. Financially they go in opposite directions. Why would I want to spend lets say 500pound on a new "basic" PC to play a two year old game?!

bite:

Precisely another reason why PC gaming isnt growing/ not getting the latest games. 2 years ago you would have needed to pay 400pound to play the game, now its "outdated". A console last for 5 years and the games and graphics just keep getting better and better. Financially they go in opposite directions. Why would I want to spend lets say 500pound on a new "basic" PC to play a two year old game?!

There is still a market for PC gaming but you go into any games shop now and you're lucky to get a half rack of PC games let alone a wall, I still prefer FPS with a mouse and keyboard though... ;)

bite:

because pc's are not JUST for gaming. they are used for many things. i just dont use my pc for gaming. i use to browse internet, design things in photoshop as well as my photo's, use it has a media centre AND play games. consoles today cant do most things a pc can do.

i doubt ANYONE buys a pc JUST for gaming:TTTH:

I doubt teh cost is alot. i mean the 360's archiecture is identical to a PC ie dirext X 9 framework. this is why the 360 was designed like a pc in mind so that its easier to port stuff. i would say that most of the cost of development would be leaning more towards the ps3 version of the game more then anything else to be honest.

Yes fifa is for the 360/ps3 for NG gameplay but there are some pc players out there and it will be stupid to ignore pc users too.

2k sports managed to port there games on the pc so why cant EA do it? Dont complain about piracy because you cant play a pirated copy of a game online and lets be honest, half of teh fun of fifa is online play.

Please respect peoples wishes for a PC port because if you dont, you would sound like a blatent console fanboy and we dont want to go down that route do we? if you dont like people commenting and moaning about a pc port then please just ignore the post unless you have some valid points to say.

Lets all be nice and im all for a PC NG fifa game this time round as i will buy it for the pc and ps3.

If you think I was coming from a console fanboy perspective you're wrong. I'm just pointing out why I feel some games developers are focusing on consoles more than the PC. A quick look at any games sales chart will show you that it's dominated by console games, PC games are a smaller market. Is it worth EA giving the PC version of Fifa the full 'next-gen' treatment? They obviously don't think so. The console version of Fifa 09 has sold in ridiculous numbers, that's where the money is for them.

It'd be better if you just created a thread named "FIFA PC - Moaning thread" and filled it with your arguments rather than cluttering this thread with them.

Also Jonney, you should check your posts before you press the "Submit Reply" button, because at the moment there is so many spelling/grammar mistakes in your posts and it makes you look a bit dim. A lot of foreign people here post in better English than you do - sort it out.

It'd be better if you just created a thread named "FIFA PC - Moaning thread" and filled it with your arguments rather than cluttering this thread with them.

Also Jonney, you should check your posts before you press the "Submit Reply" button, because at the moment there is so many spelling/grammar mistakes in your posts and it makes you look a bit dim. A lot of foreign people here post in better English than you do - sort it out.

:OOOH:

because pc's are not JUST for gaming. they are used for many things. i just dont use my pc for gaming. i use to browse internet, design things in photoshop as well as my photo's, use it has a media centre AND play games. consoles today cant do most things a pc can do.

i doubt ANYONE buys a pc JUST for gaming

My nearly 5 year old athlonxp 2600+ can do all those things, except for play the top end games..........

As you say the pc can do a number of things and gaming is just a small part of that, lets say 10% to 20%. EA probably spent about 10% to 20% of their budget for the PC game :P

Seems only fair.........

If you think I was coming from a console fanboy perspective you're wrong. I'm just pointing out why I feel some games developers are focusing on consoles more than the PC. A quick look at any games sales chart will show you that it's dominated by console games, PC games are a smaller market. Is it worth EA giving the PC version of Fifa the full 'next-gen' treatment? They obviously don't think so. The console version of Fifa 09 has sold in ridiculous numbers, that's where the money is for them.

I guess EA SPorts is faar smarter than:
Criterion/Bioware/Brethseda/Capcom/2k/RockStar/Crytek/Creative Asssembly/Valve/Blizzard....
All the above companies are complete morons for making exclusive PC games and porting NEVER seen before games (NBA2k9/Burnout Paradise/SF4) to PC....
Could you imagine NBA2k9/Burnout Paradise on the PC?
The PC port costs are miniscule even if they sell 10000 copies (which is a joke) it will still brake even...

First news about FIFA 10 should be unveiled in a press conference at EA HQ next week

Yeees, but isn't having a television constantly blaring sound is more intrusive than a secluded computer somewhere? Especially when (like me) you're not allowed to be playing at all? If I got PS3 or Xbox, then my playing time would be drastically reduced (as I am still under the influence of my parents".
Shut it and go to bed.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom