FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

I read the whiny reddit thread and once you get past all the bs from 90% who clearly haven’t played the beta and are just jumping on the bandwagon.
There’s a bunch of posts from people saying exactly the same as me the speed of the game never changed after the patch a few tweaks yes but no dramatic change on pace.

I read the whiny reddit thread and once you get past all the bs from 90% who clearly haven’t played the beta and are just jumping on the bandwagon.
There’s a bunch of posts from people saying exactly the same as me the speed of the game never changed after the patch a few tweaks yes but no dramatic change on pace.
There are guys who are respected across several big FIFA forums (some of them post in here occasionally) who are posting how disappointed they are with the last patch, and are even providing videos of what's been changed for the worse within the beta forums. I'd post their comments in here but they don't want to break NDAs by publicly commenting. All I can say is, if these guys say it's worse (and have videos to prove it), I trust them.

There are guys who are respected across several big FIFA forums (some of them post in here occasionally) who are posting how disappointed they are with the last patch, and are even providing videos of what's been changed for the worse within the beta forums. I'd post their comments in here but they don't want to break NDAs by publicly commenting. All I can say is, if these guys say it's worse (and have videos to prove it), I trust them.

Wonder if we will get to see those videos at a later date when the beta will be long over, or are you not allowed to discuss the beta for the rest of your life? :)

Another interesting detail is that the demo is usually already build by this time but released at a later date. Last year it was a build from the 17th of August (today!). It will be interesting to see if there is a chance we'll get the pre-patch gameplay. I'm sure it can happen sometimes and perhaps it's why some demos are remembered as the best version of the game.

Last edited:
All modes are available to everyone in the beta now and it’s still not faster than before lol

hells yeah. time to try some Online Seasons fuma vs fuma matches.

Attackers felt a little burstier on the sprint buts thats about it for me. didn't notice much else, certainly nothing drastic that ruined the game from what it was. But I always assume changes effect assisted play different

i would check the beta forums to see these videos but the link sent to my email doesnt work so i cant access them..

hells yeah. time to try some Online Seasons fuma vs fuma matches.

Attackers felt a little burstier on the sprint buts thats about it for me. didn't notice much else, certainly nothing drastic that ruined the game from what it was. But I always assume changes effect assisted play different

i would check the beta forums to see these videos but the link sent to my email doesnt work so i cant access them..
That’s my point nothing drastic was changed and barly noticeable just people waiting and expecting some negative changes trying to create a mountain out of a molehill.

Now it could change when the public demo is released but as for now it didn’t I play it every night ‍♂️

Things i hope to see(Vs previous FIFAs)

1 More weight and slower passing CPU (take touches not pinging)
2 Career mode changes (about time) not just cosmetic.
3 individual league settings (bans/nr of subs etc)
4 realistic league tables at the end of the season
5 fouls and a more physical game play.

Probably a bunch of others things as well,but these matters to me

Exactly this ^

The game has played and looked like shit since Frostbite IMO.

It’s bizarre that EA persist with it. Can’t they have a dedicated engine created for FIFA? Surely it’s their biggest franchise and highest selling title? (I’m speculating here.)
but it still sold and will sell, so why do they care to put a better engine?

How would it help to split it when it was splat from the beginning and now they merged it?.

VOLTA was it's own game, called FIFA STREET.
Then they ditched the whole project because it wasn't getting enough attention.
but i heard arcade is more fun than simulation. This is i good test, lets see how long this arcade direction keeps their interest. My guess is not long.

Taken from Fifa careers sub Reddit:

I hope they improve the difficulty a bit. I won two matches 10-0 in "Ultimate" (French Supercup vs PSG and UEFA Supercup vs Fiorentina) which is ridiculous.

Taken from Fifa careers sub Reddit:

I hope they improve the difficulty a bit. I won two matches 10-0 in "Ultimate" (French Supercup vs PSG and UEFA Supercup vs Fiorentina) which is ridiculous.
Sounds like his post is pretty ridiculous,I don't buy it for a minute he beat those two teams 10-0.
People being assholes online isn't really a new thing

We 'll have answers soon because the Gamescom is coming tomorrow.
I've got a volé feeling. I have seen some interesting things.
GK look better and have new animations.
The speed is good (before the patch on bêta)
Many new scans, it's important for carreer mode.
Better IA and many new controls

But i didn't see many foule.
I see videos on ultimate difficulty and I think there is a bug. Defense wasn't good.
On pro and champion, no problem.
It's important to know the degree of assistance.
FIFA 19 with some sliders is really good on champion difficulty.
On Ultimate /Legend there is too much script for IA : One shoot =One goal

Last edited:
Has any of you who has the beta played career mode?
And if so,is the winners of the leagues still winning on very low points (75 points for instance)?

Sounds like his post is pretty ridiculous,I don't buy it for a minute he beat those two teams 10-0.
People being assholes online isn't really a new thing
His post might be attention seeking. Even though I found Fifa 19 easy on Ultimate, I never won by more than 4-0.

His post might be attention seeking. Even though I found Fifa 19 easy on Ultimate, I never won by more than 4-0.
I had a 5-0 win at the most.
Picked up my 19 again a few days ago,got beaten by Chelsea 2-0 and Arsenal 4-1,then beat a few weaker sides.
Shouldn't read to much into that,but I feel I'm having a tougher time now than before on it.
I play as Villa btw.

My main concern is how the league table ends,it's been a mess since Fifa 17.
Right now I've played 31 games,spurs are on top with 60 pts,and Brighton dead last on 29.
That's a 31 p gap,which is ridiculous,I think there was a 20 p gap between Liverpool (2nd) and spurs (3rd) last year IRL.
That needs fixing asap or I'm not touching FIFA 20 no matter what bells and whistles they throw in

Just got an email from the chairman talking about unrest in the dressing room.
Most players in my squad now show low or angry morale with slightly lower stats because of such.
Great addition I believe positive morale will boost stats too

Just got an email from the chairman talking about unrest in the dressing room.
Most players in my squad now show low or angry morale with slightly lower stats because of such.
Great addition I believe positive morale will boost stats too
How many games are you in to the season?
Could you post a pic on the table when you're halfway or at the end.
See my previous post

All beta footage I've seen (of people I know) I've been really impressed with, but I saw some footage from the update and even without playing it, the difference is obvious, in terms of AI behaviour. Build up has gone, and the way the AI sprays driven passes around without even taking a touch (stringing them together) is exactly how FIFA 19 is, and why I had to stop playing it.

So all hope is gone, for me, and I'm genuinely gutted, because for all the praise PES 2020 is getting, I still feel the rails, and I don't like how the AI plays - so all my hopes were pinned on this...

All beta footage I've seen (of people I know) I've been really impressed with, but I saw some footage from the update and even without playing it, the difference is obvious, in terms of AI behaviour. Build up has gone, and the way the AI sprays driven passes around without even taking a touch (stringing them together) is exactly how FIFA 19 is, and why I had to stop playing it.

So all hope is gone, for me, and I'm genuinely gutted, because for all the praise PES 2020 is getting, I still feel the rails, and I don't like how the AI plays - so all my hopes were pinned on this...
still hoping boyh games turn out good
my main concern is still the shitty total Points they rack up in the League table,City having 20 wins and 10 Draws etc,that needs to be fixed,right now im ok with my gameplay on 19,ive came to terms with no fouls,but that Point bug,nope

Can you find out if the game is harder @Chris Davies ? I don’t know who to ask over at Reddit.

Would really appreciate it.

How the game plays now is completely irrelevant.

The game will be different in the DEMO, different on release and then FIFA 19.5 within a few weeks of release.

It seems very clear that EA want to change the game, but they clearly receive feedback from the elite FUT players that they dislike the new tempo and changes that are made.
So EA then patch the game from BETA to release to make it very similar to the previous version.
Unfortunately it seems there is a small/medium group of FUT players and Youtubers who have all the influence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom