Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Going between my career mode and the WBA v Brentford game,the AI is very far from a realistic one,not saying it's not fun and enjoyable.
But the Cpu pretty much never stops the ball and look for options.
It's 10 straight passes at an insane speed and they're through my MF,and it needs to be more errors and bouncing passes.

Enjoying the game for what it is,but as a "SIM" or realistic football game it has a lot to work on

I find pass error/pass speed/crossing accuracy/pace of the game pretty much impossible to get correct,fix 3 and the fourth is off by a mile
But I'm gonna give krebstars sliders a go

Started a new career mode with my boys Aston Villa.

To make it difficult, I will only play 4-3-3 and possession. I always struggle with this system and tactics in Fifa because I am so used to 4-2-3-1 and attacking systems (in this fifa it’s called Quick something or other?) my philosophy will be to keep the ball and always attempt to have at least 55% possession. Again, this will make it harder as I am usually a counter attack player and score goals with 2-3 quick passes from back to front.

I also won’t train any players. It’s such a chore anyway but it’s really easy to grow your players quickly. So that’s another rule for myself.

I won’t replay any matches. I don’t usually do this anyway, don’t see the point. I don’t sim matches either.

I will keep signings super realistic. I will only sign players Villa might sign in real life and I will let go players like Grealish if he’s performing well and the likes of Spurs come sniffing. I will only sign players my Scouts suggest. The players I sign will have to fit my philosophy - they will need to be intelligent, technical players who can control possession. The Anti-Mourinho type player.

Ultimate difficulty of course.

My pre season tournament started terribly. Travelled to Belgium. First game v Genk and I get smashed 2-1. Doesn’t sound like a big defeat but I couldn’t get near them, I was lucky to score a deflected goal late on.

Then I play Standard Liege. Oh my god, I’m 3-0 down in 30 minutes. It ends 3-1, another loss.

Third match is against Düsseldorf, a completely different game to the first two. I control it and win 3-1 but it’s not enough to keep me in the European Shield and Villa are sent back to Birmingham.

My first game of the season was Hull City away. I started off really bad, like my players were nervous. I then started to get on the ball and from around 20 minutes ok controlled it. Scored a lovely goal with Grealish just before half time. Second half Hull threw everything at me but because they poured forward, I took advantage and scored a second with Bolasie. One thing that struck me was how realistically the game flowed. It was like watching an actual Sky Bet Championship match on a Friday night. There was a period of play where Hull were driving in crosses and I was clearing them, then they were throwing them back in from deep and I was hanging on. I have to say, it felt really good and was the best game of video game football I’ve had in absolute ages.

Full time and I win 2-0 but the game feels more difficult although this is simply because I’m not in my comfort zone.

I’ll stick to this save and play an entire season. When this game is good, it’s very good.

Anyone else think that the CPU plays in a far more varied way now since the patch? I do.

Hi, How is the probability, that EA will fix lack of fouls next patch? Some new info?
Not likely, unfortunately.
The community guys have said they're looking into it.

It's whether we'll get a fix when A) it would mean a new gameplay patch and B) it would likely have some sort of impact on FUT, however small, and that's their core audience.

When this game is good, it’s very good.

Yes, just thought of that, after playing one match witch was more than great, and than total crap of first next.

To make it difficult, I will only play 4-3-3 and possession

Why don`t you handicap yourself with sliders? And boost AI..

Btw, I don`t see even World Class difficulty too easy. It is hard fight for most games.
Sometimes during CM it could become easy, but it is still ok.

Maybe I am somehow new to Fifa (playing Pes more), but I would like to see someone destroying AI on Legendary with scoring in every attack...Like 10-0 or something.

Like I see it now, it is not quite possible, unless only during CM maybe?

Had some brilliant games tonight, enjoyed it more than ever I think. On World Class, with semi controls (tried this morning on Legendary and Ultimate, and the AI achieved 93% and 97% pass accuracy respectively, with a League Two team, so it's a no from me).

Had to REALLY fight to draw a few games, and was expecting to draw this one, as Tranmere against one of the league's best teams, Exeter.

A) Love the variety in the shots. The AI's goal (the cutback), then the low drive towards goal - but late on they hit a total miskick when they need a goal, and then smash the ball over the bar. Just love to see the AI making human mistakes.

B) The dribbling can be just lovely, with the right player. When I combine some dribbling with a smash in the face, I had to laugh out loud - but then I also loved when I wriggle the ball off to the side to give the player enough room to shoot.

C) The equaliser I scored is a lot of what I love - the manual through ball (even though I had to WRESTLE control of the striker so that he'd run towards the pass), the way he's off-balance when he strikes it, and the way it just hits the corner. It looks spot on, IMO.

Sliders I used for the above video:

WORLD CLASS - SLOW
Sprint Speed: 42/42
Acceleration: 49/49
Shot Error: 50/50
Pass Error: 53/53
Shot Speed: 48/48
Pass Speed: 44/43
Injury Freq: 70/70
Injury Sev: 55/55
GK Ability: 52/52
Marking: 50/50
Run Freq: 5/5
Line Height: 49/49
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 49/49
FB Position: 10/10
FT Error: 64/64

Cheers Chris, Tried your settings and had a right old belter of a game between Alavés and Villarreal in La Liga which finished in a thrilling 2-2 draw, played it on World Class and 15 minute halves. Was winning with Villarreal 2-1 at the half time break and in the second half Alavés threw the dishes and the kitchen sink at me, they equalised in the 83rd minute with a long range shot from outside the area, The striker gave the ball the hammer and it tore into the back of the net, never felt cheated and saw lots of good variety in the play and the goals.

Last edited:
I am slowly trying to understand how the full back, height, length and width slider settings work. I think they have a huge impact on the difficulty. I am playing on Legendary with Newcastle and 2/3rds through the season I am battling for 1st with ManCity. Given that I am a pretty novice (if not to say incompetent) FIFA player who was able to lead a shit team like Newcastle United to second place, something was a bit too easy here.

Two days ago, I reduced the full backs and line length attributes to 20 and set the runs to 10 for both the COM and I and suddenly I am having a really tough time.

I wish there was a bit more info on the behalf of EA what each individual slider does and how they work together. It's all a bit mumbo-jumbo...

There's another update for PC out.

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-19/news/fifa-19-pitch-notes-patch-5?tag=exp098-20

'Reducing the effectiveness of first time finesse shots where the lateral ball velocity is high.

We have adjusted the distance that the ball moves away from the player when executing this move to keep it closer to the dribbling player.'

Really disappointed that they've only addressed the first time finesses... finesses in general are wickedly OP. I was hoping for more updates, especially to backline positioning that's not giving too much space on clearances, but hopefully there's some more tweaks that aren't mentioned.

I also gave FIFA a go yesterday.
Played with @Chris Davies sliders.
And sad to say - i dont feel it at all this year.
Apart of my biggest pain in the hole, which is lack of fouls and physicality, it finally hit me why.
F19 is not smooth ball physics-wise.
Ball leaves players feet at too high speed and then it slows down way too fast. Regardless of pass speed adjustments.
It creates this overall feeling of a chocking car. Some deflections i had yesterday were ridiculous. When players clashed fighting for a ball, deflections were like bullets.
Shots variety is nice, but goals are not rewarding. They are like points in basketball. It reminds me a lot of basketball in general. Penalty area to penalty area. Shot - point. Rinse-repeat.
I will try it again after another few patches.

I also gave FIFA a go yesterday.
Played with @Chris Davies sliders.
And sad to say - i dont feel it at all this year.
Apart of my biggest pain in the hole, which is lack of fouls and physicality, it finally hit me why.
F19 is not smooth ball physics-wise.
Ball leaves players feet at too high speed and then it slows down way too fast. Regardless of pass speed adjustments.
Yeah, I think we all agree that's a problem - and I understand why it would stop people being able to get into the game, as it's fundamental.

Unfortunately, while they seem happy to patch other areas, ball physics are getting very little attention.

Yeah, I think we all agree that's a problem - and I understand why it would stop people being able to get into the game, as it's fundamental.

Unfortunately, while they seem happy to patch other areas, ball physics are getting very little attention.
Part of my problem might be switching between the two. So coming from we know where to FIFA, ball physics hit you harder than anything.
But thats why I switched FIFA first after a long break from football. I really wanted to give it a chance.
First game i played in full with your sliders. Second I spent mostly on adjusting Passing Speed to see if I can make it less painful. At the end I had to give up.

Part of my problem might be switching between the two. So coming from we know where to FIFA, ball physics hit you harder than anything.
But thats why I switched FIFA first after a long break from football. I really wanted to give it a chance.
First game i played in full with your sliders. Second I spent mostly on adjusting Passing Speed to see if I can make it less painful. At the end I had to give up.
Exactly the same. Can`t get through ball physics and same first time shooting from the ai...

Messing with the ball physics at this stage, which are mostly solid anyway apart from some headers and deflections, would probably have a big knock on affect, I imagine, and negatively impact other areas of the game. If I was EA I'd leave them alone as the current code plays a terrific game of football anyway using full manual.

What a hit. The variety of goals you can score in this is off the charts. No two goals the same. Gotta play full manual though to experience hit.

Yes i agree the variety of shots is great. The funny thing is the cross was supposed to go in the box but i miss hit it. Thankfully the strike was a good one. It is so rewarding because not every strike is like that and next time it could go in the stands.

The game has been tightened up and improved with the last patch. The animations are better, not as spastic as they were, and passing been improved too. Seems like headers in the middle of the park are better too. Not as overpowered, maybe. Still rotten in the box though. Also, Keeper still doesn't roll the ball out underhanded on FUMA, FFS, and fouls are pretty much non existent, which is weird. Game is great on FUMA though with sliders and user passing set to about 60. Arguably the best football game since PES6, though.
The keeper not rolling the ball out is really grinding my gears. Can't believe this is still an issue. The game has been out for 10 weeks.

Messing with the ball physics at this stage, which are mostly solid anyway apart from some headers and deflections, would probably have a big knock on affect, I imagine, and negatively impact other areas of the game. If I was EA I'd leave them alone as the current code plays a terrific game of football anyway using full manual.

Yeah, doubt anything will be done. It's really just in here that I've seen ball physics as a big complaint. EA have bigger priorities to address.

Still enjoying it quite a bit. Can't get on board with lower pass speed. Years past, definitely, but this year it's so lethargic. The PC update has livened up the ball a bit more, so maybe that will be an opportunity to explore lower pass speed, however I have my doubts. It's funny to see a long corssfield pass bounce multiple times, then rapidly right by the sideline and never going out. Reminds me of the Leverkusen-Nurnberg (I think it was) match I watched in the rain this past weekend.

l agree with the complaints about the ball physics and the “wet pitch effect”, but watching Arsenal vs Spurs the other day there were a few moments where I was like: “this doesn’t feel right! Ball seems to slow down too quickly”.

Ball physics is beyond ridiculous.

The ball, and also running and player reactions are:

1. Unbelievable, stupid slow
2. Bullet fast

In rare occasions, you can interpret a really nice football game. But it way too much depends on how you play, while mechanic of the game doing everything to spoil every trace of reality, immersion and enjoyment.

I really enjoy to watch replay of a goal, while the same goal feels bland, arcade, and unsatisfying when scored in the game.

One more complaint is the sound of a ball hitting woodwork. I think it is absolutely wrong, like you are breaking the branch, and too loud also. I am not much competent for this, but would like to know if anyone think similar? I guess there should be some "ding"...like metal sound or something?

And one other thing - Women football is totally different gameplay, in a positive way.
I have played a couple of games, and every match is like combination of good things from both Pes and Fifa.

Can't get on board with lower pass speed. Years past, definitely, but this year it's so lethargic. The PC update has livened up the ball a bit more, so maybe that will be an opportunity to explore lower pass speed, however I have my doubts. It's funny to see a long corssfield pass bounce multiple times, then rapidly right by the sideline and never going out. Reminds me of the Leverkusen-Nurnberg (I think it was) match I watched in the rain this past weekend.
I get where you're coming from, but it's two ends of the scale - pass speed by default travels at 2x the speed a pass would in real life during the acceleration phase, then slows down normally, but if you slow pass speed down to <40, it travels normally during the acceleration phase, then moves at 0.5x-speed as it decelerates.

Neither is right - but with default pass speed, playing the ball to feet looks like a game running in fast-forward, and it speeds the whole pace of the game up. The AI doesn't take time to consider what it's doing anyway, playing instant first-time stuff with no holding-onto-the-ball - add the default pass speed into the mix and it's insane.

I'd rather eliminate that, and put up with "oh, that ball should have rolled out".

One more complaint is the sound of a ball hitting woodwork. I think it is absolutely wrong, like you are breaking the branch, and too loud also. I am not much competent for this, but would like to know if anyone think similar?
This is one of the few non-gameplay things that does really annoy me - I've always compared it to the sound of someone kicking a (plastic) bin, what we call wheelie bins in the UK. It sounds terrible.

It would be lovely if they could include a ball friction slider.

That said, with slightly modded krebs sliders on WC I’ve arrived at a setting that feels acceptable enough during most parts.

Two games away from winning the premiership with Newcastle, lol. Just need to beat Liverpool and Fulham... haven’t been this excited with a football game since the old PES games on the PS2

I get where you're coming from, but it's two ends of the scale - pass speed by default travels at 2x the speed a pass would in real life during the acceleration phase, then slows down normally, but if you slow pass speed down to <40, it travels normally during the acceleration phase, then moves at 0.5x-speed as it decelerates.

Neither is right - but with default pass speed, playing the ball to feet looks like a game running in fast-forward, and it speeds the whole pace of the game up. The AI doesn't take time to consider what it's doing anyway, playing instant first-time stuff with no holding-onto-the-ball - add the default pass speed into the mix and it's insane.

I'd rather eliminate that, and put up with "oh, that ball should have rolled out".

This is one of the few non-gameplay things that does really annoy me - I've always compared it to the sound of someone kicking a (plastic) bin, what we call wheelie bins in the UK. It sounds terrible.

Yes, correct. It's the choice of your lesser of two evils. Personally, I need speed in passing because pace of passes is how teams move the ball along that I'm more familiar with versus under-hit passes that force players to come to meet the ball on every exchange.

Pass error can also be considered to improve these speeds though, however you do sacrifice ball physics and difficulty (instant passes, etc).

This is why the most recent update is a bit more promising because they have seemed to increase the pass speed a bit. Hopefully we can find a decent balance in lowering it.

I really don't mind this,but I feel that FIFA/EA should be a bit more on point when it comes to tactics/formations.
I only noticed because I play as Villa,and their in-game setut is 4-5-1 when they really play 4-3-3.

Might feel like a small complaint,but they should get shit right.
And my yearly rant on the "one game suspension" for a straight red card?
Why?
How hard is it to set it properly to a 3 game ban,or do as Pes does it,let us chose ourselves.

Still enjoying it quite a bit. Can't get on board with lower pass speed. Years past, definitely, but this year it's so lethargic. The PC update has livened up the ball a bit more, so maybe that will be an opportunity to explore lower pass speed, however I have my doubts. It's funny to see a long corssfield pass bounce multiple times, then rapidly right by the sideline and never going out. Reminds me of the Leverkusen-Nurnberg (I think it was) match I watched in the rain this past weekend.

Hey Matt (or anyone else with experience with sliders this year) - I haven't really messed with sliders much in a while, but I'm wondering if just using the line settings from your set would improve things for me. Can't really get down with some of the other settings - to each's own - but I'm wondering, what would be the effect of just using the line settings with everything else set at default?

Main thing I'm trying to address is just how open the CPU defenses can be. In my Southampton CM, things are going well except that chance creation is too high for me. While what I really want is an aggression slider for the CPU, do you think just tweaking the line settings would improve things?

Also quick question: the guys in here I think usually base their sliders around playing with manual assistance, is that the same for you too?

Hey Matt (or anyone else with experience with sliders this year) - I haven't really messed with sliders much in a while, but I'm wondering if just using the line settings from your set would improve things for me. Can't really get down with some of the other settings - to each's own - but I'm wondering, what would be the effect of just using the line settings with everything else set at default?

Main thing I'm trying to address is just how open the CPU defenses can be. In my Southampton CM, things are going well except that chance creation is too high for me. While what I really want is an aggression slider for the CPU, do you think just tweaking the line settings would improve things?

Also quick question: the guys in here I think usually base their sliders around playing with manual assistance, is that the same for you too?

When I test sliders, I'm using assisted settings. This way my input is less of a factor, and can get a good idea of how it plays for others.

Line settings are the absolute key in any slider set. This year I've deferred to the team tactics much more, but FIFA is a wide open game to begin with, so regardless of how accurate the other values are, the Height Length Width are what matter the most.

If you were only going to lower one value, it would be the length setting. We chose to lower it to get more compression, which brought in the disconnected defenders giving too much space to the attackers. This still happens on random clearances, but not as much as before. The lower length also allows the sideline play to be less of a factor, but we wanted to congest the center of the pitch so width got a bit of a drop.

You should be in good shape with those values alone. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Enjoy your videos btw, pretty much have the same thoughts on most of what you have brought up. Nature of the beast that is FIFA now. I want my 16, 14 and 11 back.

Back
Top Bottom