FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

If only FIFA's gameplay and AI was as good as their presentation.
FIFA presentation and shooting with pes 2018 midfield play and defending ...imagine?!!!

Ultimate team is what's killed football gaming for me it's all developer and younger generation of player want now... opening cArds, super teams consist of Ronaldo Messi Neymar

The purists are disappearing fast it's all YouTube channels with talentless idiot like KSI and people's using dad credit card for new player packs

It's make me sad :(

Kinda lost hope now. So reading reddit comments it seems like People like the laggy unresponsive dribbling of FiFA 17 because its realistic.

I guess its realistic. But its not fun at all. Wish there were sliders to decrease input delay.

I never understood people who claim the dribbling in FIFA 17 is unresponsive. I must have 500-700 hours in FIFA 17, and I've never had any issue with dribbling responsiveness. Neither has my friend who has played just as much (we almost always play together). Online is a different story, but offline, no issues. Only first time clearances and at times, shots.

I never understood people who claim the dribbling in FIFA 17 is unresponsive. I must have 500-700 hours in FIFA 17, and I've never had any issue with dribbling responsiveness. Neither has my friend who has played just as much (we almost always play together). Online is a different story, but offline, no issues. Only first time clearances and at times, shots.
Maybe the delay doesnt bother you. Different taste I guess.

But its no way responsive as FiFA 16. And its severely laggy compared to FiFA 12 and PES 17.

I am talkin about offline mode. When you are holding your Left stick up and then move it to left, the player takes way too long to respond. Thats what I am talking about. Having a slider to adjust that will fix all my problems.

If you mean dribbling as in, left-stick dribbling using no shoulder buttons (I don't do "tricks" and all that, I don't have the mental capacity to cope with the combos), it's the same as 17, in this beta.

Come on bro, that couldn't be further from the truth, lol.

Dribbling is incredible this year. Your top dibblers are going to stand out. I can GUARANTEE that.

You must be joking.. dribbling is absolutely laggy in fifa17. Face up dribbling is nerfed to absolute shite. To beat your man you either use a skill move or just get lucky by running in a straight line. FIFA16 had amazing dribbling mechanics.. Body feints in fifa17 take ages and dont ever wrongfoot defenders

You must be joking.. dribbling is absolutely laggy in fifa17. Face up dribbling is nerfed to absolute shite. To beat your man you either use a skill move or just get lucky by running in a straight line. FIFA16 had amazing dribbling mechanics.. Body feints in fifa17 take ages and dont ever wrongfoot defenders
I'm talking about the beta, 17's dribbling is terrible no doubt lol. I also hate 16 15 and 14's as well though lol. They're pretty close to perfection this year. Just need nutmegs and a bit of maintenance with this new system

20841038_1644332268919436_4493229691718381771_n.jpg

Authentic Serie A, perhaps. Might be fake, most likely.

I'm talking about left-stick-only dribbling - in 17 I try to dribble around a player and there's no urgency about it, there's a delay in the player moving the ball and you end up just bumping into people. The 18 beta is the same for me in this regard, and I've been playing it for four hours a day...

If anything, the AI's defending is better and so it's even more difficult to dribble past anyone without knowing how to use the triggers and the combos (which I find impossible to remember, I don't think they belong in a football game frankly - but millions of others love it, so I just have to try and win with a passing game, when the game is becoming more and more focused on dribblers).

Just my opinion...

Dribbling has been fine in FIFA for years in my opinion

It's the feeling of the ball I hated in FIFA 17...

It felt too light like a cheap ball you buy from gas station

It's pace that bothers me most though

I mean how quick game flows end to end

Pes 2018 beta so slow and realistic a real joy to play

FIFA will unfortunately always be fast because ea cater for the trick stick gang

FIFA 18 still looks too quick to me

That's one of the reason I stick with FIFA 16 along with the FIFA 16 shooting physics. The only two things that bugs me in FIFA 16 is the passing accuracy from the CPU and the tiki taka boring fest. FIFA 16 has one of the most enjoyable dribbling system.

Even FIFA Fan Boys started to notice this as an issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/567h5x/the_gameplay_problems_in_fifa_17/

A couple of more notes, I've played about 4 more 20 minute half games. Atletico Madrid and Villarreal play much better. Teams that line up in a 4-4-2 defend much more realistically than any midfield with 5 men.

I'm still very on the fence with this game. I have moments where I absolutely love it and others than I just want the game to end, those are mostly moments caused by legacy issues (passing%, blitzkrieg press, terrible teammate positioning especially defensively)

Pros:
-I moved cpu pass error to 75. It made them play more human than I have ever seen, however, they mostly stopped crossing and I never really saw any quality ones.
-Moved it to 70 and got much better results
-Some of the new fake shots are great
-I was wrong about pens, you can go hard and low. Just have to power a slight amount of power on the shot. Holding right bumper makes any amount of power become an instep shot.
-The first touches on long passes are much better. Although, would like to see more error, but hopefully sliders can fix that
-Players slip randomly both off. and def. Doesn't even have to be raining out. Only saw it a few times but it comes after quick turns off the ball. Haven't seen it on the ball yet.

Cons:
-Fullbacks don't overlap well enough at all. Moved the setting to 70 and got much better results.
-Haven't been able to get wingers to play more without the ball. They always make outside runs and occupy the space the attacking fullbacks should be. Wasn't as obvious of a problem last year.
-Chipped through balls can sometimes be too lofty, but they are SOOO much better than last year.

Bear in mind this is the year of "Team Styles".

Here's a very hastily put-together video from the FIFA 18 beta (labelled "not FIFA 18" so hopefully it doesn't get taken down - hey, might as well try, right).

Every team just passes to the forward as soon as the line of sight is clear. No matter the tactics. No matter the difficulty level.

I know I've said it before, but there's promising something that isn't there, and there's making something substantially worse...

the proper way to label it is FIFA17. THEN it wont be taken down
Yeah, I should have done that... I'll change it now, thanks.

Im pretty sure its confirmed that team styles are NOT in the beta
Even if they aren't - those tactics are being entirely ignored, so what's going on? If "team styles" aren't in the beta, they should be doing something. If they ARE in the beta... They're hidden, and they totally override the tactics...

My bigger fear is that maybe "team styles" are country-wide, cos I played an MLS game with teams who have very similar tactics, and it was half the speed and with actual build-up...

Back
Top Bottom