FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

At :27 you can see that shielding is not overpowered to the point where a defender cant nick the ball from behind

Fully agree about the night matches looking washed. 16 was brilliant imo. It had its flaws but it actually had a very decent no touch dribbling option. Dribbling in this fifa requires skill moves to beat players or VERY VERY well timed turns. In FIFA 16 you could square up an attacker and beat him with a feint. IN 17 youd get blocked once your skill move didnt go outside the reach of the defender

Has nobody mentioned those aim markers you can see at 2:26? The white guidelines that show you where the pass is going to go?

I think that's a brilliant idea - I would never use manual controls in PES if it wasn't for the guideline you get, and if I can turn that on and off with R3 (like last year's tutorial features) I'll be delighted.

If I feel like my passes are going to the wrong man, I'll be able to actually see why.

Got to say, the more videos I see, the more positive I feel - decent positioning, better dribbling, better defending (on the face of it).

The ball looks a bit floaty, and I still want some "team style" clarifications, but it looks pretty good to me...

Has nobody mentioned those aim markers you can see at 2:26? The white guidelines that show you where the pass is going to go?

I think that's a brilliant idea - I would never use manual controls in PES if it wasn't for the guideline you get, and if I can turn that on and off with R3 (like last year's tutorial features) I'll be delighted.

If I feel like my passes are going to the wrong man, I'll be able to actually see why.

Got to say, the more videos I see, the more positive I feel - decent positioning, better dribbling, better defending (on the face of it).

The ball looks a bit floaty, and I still want some "team style" clarifications, but it looks pretty good to me...

I liked the indicators for manual pass.

But hopefuply we can turn it off, especially when we play human vs human locally. I wouldn't want my oponent to see where I am passing.

I liked the indicators for manual pass.

But hopefuply we can turn it off, especially when we play human vs human locally. I wouldn't want my oponent to see where I am passing.
You can definitely turn it off, it only appears briefly around the 2:26 mark. Great for training, though.

yeah, the guideline is great, i to need to see more FIFA. It's looking OK but i didn't like 17 game-play and AI attacking. I like a lot of visual things about FIFA, but when i play it.......:ZZZ:

I just want PES's game play in FIFA's body.

I can understand why someone would use the guidelines but I turn them off first thing, that's the best way for me to learn. By actually misplacing passes and getting angry at myself so the next time I'll think twice. Until before you know it, you got the hang of it.

I've been playing PES with no pass assist for many months and, even though I do miss passes from time to time, I feel very comfortable with it. Not so with manual shotting, I can't play with it yet.
Same goes for FIFA (16).

Does anyone know why when you score a R2 modifier pops up with a shirt icon. Is that to remove your shirt or to go celebrate with the fans?

I liked watching the guy playing as Real in that video. His style of play was a bit more contextual & exhibited a bit more patience when in the final third & made the game alot more pleasing to watch. The guy as City was just rushing & trying to spam Lofted through balls to Sterling of all people for some reason & couldn't seem to figure out why it wasn't working. Typical abuser, probably just watches goal compilations & showboat highlights but doesn't actually understand how to play football.

I cannot believe they fixed the stupid FIFA nets :)
Waited for it 10 years..

I think we will have another year with a decent game. I cannot be anymore interested in PES. They might have team play style uniqueness, but what's the point if shooting is not satisfying at all. Fifa has amazing shooting on manual considering, stats, body position etc and overall a consistent package. PES needs a quantum leap. This small updates year by year won't be enough to return to the glory days..

I think we will have another year with a decent game. I cannot be anymore interested in PES. They might have team play style uniqueness, but what's the point if shooting is not satisfying at all.
Hence why the team styles EA are saying they've incorporated are so, so important. If they implement them properly, it'll be lightyears ahead of any previous FIFA game, as far as I'm concerned. A massive step in the right direction.

Love 2:44-2:47 in this video, the animation of the defender bringing the ball down. I see things like that and I'm so wowed that I desperately want them to nail the AI this year.

The game 'flows' very well. I am very excited! The nets are definitely changed. Hope they add a 'super loose' feature in addition to the 'loose' feature of the net styles.

Dybala looks awesome. Love the celebration as well. BUT....... lol he scored from outside the box WITH HIS RIGHT FOOT! WTF? He had space and time to position himself and shoot with he left one, but he took a (perfect) shoot with the wrong foot?.

Dybala looks awesome. Love the celebration as well. BUT....... lol he scored from outside the box WITH HIS RIGHT FOOT! WTF? He had space and time to position himself and shoot with he left one, but he took a (perfect) shoot with the wrong foot?.
A lot of the previews have said that, as things stand, there are way too many wonder-goals like that. Things always change between now and release and I'm desperately hoping this is one of them...

Long shots in general NEED to be nerfed. Last FIFA was broken. 30 yards and its a 9/10 goal with Ronaldo

Play manual ;-) I do not think you will score 9/10 with anybody.
Anyhow, I cannot understand assisted players. I you are a veteran playing for many years what's the point to play assisted?

It shouldn't be a challenge at all..

The satisfaction you get after a manual long shot goal or even a nicely placed long pass is second to none :)
If you are offline player I can understand.

Hence why the team styles EA are saying they've incorporated are so, so important. If they implement them properly, it'll be lightyears ahead of any previous FIFA game, as far as I'm concerned. A massive step in the right direction.

Let's pray. I see also see big need for improvement on that front, but for me, even Fifa 17 was much more enjoyable as PES.

Love 2:44-2:47 in this video, the animation of the defender bringing the ball down. I see things like that and I'm so wowed that I desperately want them to nail the AI this year.

Play manual ;-) I do not think you will score 9/10 with anybody.
Anyhow, I cannot understand assisted players. I you are a veteran playing for many years what's the point to play assisted?

It shouldn't be a challenge at all..

The satisfaction you get after a manual long shot goal or even a nicely placed long pass is second to none :)
If you are offline player I can understand.
Well, it depends on one's preference.

Me, for example, likes to play games on full assisted. Because I play with Keyboard and when I use gamepad, I use the D-pad of Dual shock controller. And manual iskinda impossible with dpad and keyboard.

I hope that explains why some people stil uses assisted and why assisted settings should stay as optional.

Lets be honest with ourselves here. EA have 5 possible team tactics. The game will not be deeper than that

Lets be honest with ourselves here. EA have 5 possible team tactics. The game will not be deeper than that
Sure the likes of CPU Ronaldo will try to dribble more often and shoot from further out but it will not approach PES' level of tactical awareness

How so? Have you seen projec10.org yet? CTT's are deeper than ever. Last year they actually worked compared to previous years.

How so? Have you seen projec10.org yet? CTT's are deeper than ever. Last year they actually worked compared to previous years.

Also another positive could be that this year, Custom Team Tactics will probably work better due to the addition of team styles. That will be really pleasant for FIFA. The only issues I have in FIFA is the ping-pong accurate passing by any player(disregarding the stat) and the accurate defensive line they maintain(disregarding defenders stat). If they fix it, I will definitely buy FIFA 18.

Also another positive could be that this year, Custom Team Tactics will probably work better due to the addition of team styles. That will be really pleasant for FIFA. The only issues I have in FIFA is the ping-pong accurate passing by any player(disregarding the stat) and the accurate defensive line they maintain(disregarding defenders stat). If they fix it, I will definitely buy FIFA 18.

Yes, the passing has a lack of stat based relation to it. The drilled/driven passing alone is a great indicator of that. Every player can do it and every player can control it. Players runs off the ball as if everyone is so perfect at it. Running off the ball takes a lot more skill than people seem to think.

Back
Top Bottom