FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Looks like a (very?) low effort year?
I had lots of fun with 17 but it doesn't really have that "one more game" feeling after a while.
On the one hand, the areas they're supposedly focusing on - team and player individuality - are the areas I most wanted them to improve.

On the other hand - implementing team styles and then allowing you to assign "tiki-taka" to Sunderland and play like Barcelona means that nothing has changed (not that I've played the game).

It could be a brilliant year - but I'm preparing for disappointment.

Fifa...same issue every year. Every team plays the same. Good fun online if you find someone who wants to play and not just use Ronaldo and other speed merchants

Fifa...same issue every year. Every team plays the same.
Yeah, but they've acknowledged that, and it's a focus for improvement this year. Massive step.

My worry is that these new attacking and defending styles can be applied regardless of player ability, e.g. set Sunderland to tiki-taka and they'll do it. But we'll see.

How hard it is for CPU to misplace pass based of passing stat? I am a programmer and it's not that hard. Have a radius around the player and increase the threshold in that radius the lower your passing stat is. If both footie game can't get that right is year, then they haven't watched football at all.

Advantage for me is I never even got around to doing a proper CM in 17 this year with one thing and another so even if they only fix a few things then 18 could feel very solid, just hope that cheat engine can be used to get rid of some of the CM garbage like fog of war etc. etc.

I expect every team in FIFA 18 will play the same.
If they do, after announcing that team styles will be a major focus this year, I'd be surprised. (Though I'm wondering how they'll bridge the gap between teams adhering to a style, and difficulty level upping the pass accuracy and attacking focus...)

I have to be honest but I'm least excited about FIFA 18 as I was for 17 and FIFA 17 ended up being ultimately underwhelming. Although I welcome player/team individuality, EA are notorious for screwing gameplay up, post release.

Meh. Nothing interesting to see. Same old ping-pong counter attacking FIFA with clones constantly running around.

I'm so bothered by the way some players run in FIFA. The way they move their arms and hands, or the legs.... it's creepy.

Cant say I am to excited for either game this year so far but I will only pick fifa up for the journey mode and maybe dabble with career

Why make any meaningful, substantial changes to career mode (the bread and butter of offline play) when you can invest your development time, money, and marketing towards a linear game mode that lacks any sort of longevity! You loved those faux interviews about Alex Hunter, right? RIGHT!?

The real question is:

Will it be responsive as FiFA 16 in dribbling/moving/sprinting?

From the looks of these gameplay footage, they seem sluggish as FiFA 17.

The real question is:

Will it be responsive as FiFA 16 in dribbling/moving/sprinting?

From the looks of these gameplay footage, they seem sluggish as FiFA 17.

I feel that may be the case, but if sliders are still in, then the responsiveness can be adjusted with Acceleration/Sprint, etc. Still loving FIFA 16.

Its extremely responsive from all reviews I read. They focused on responsiveness because of how clunky animations were last year. But responsiveness being peak means more 40 yard unstoppable screameres. .They need to NERF long shots badly. In fifa16 in the pre game you could never score that consistently from 30 yards

One positive @2:35 in fifa17 the aids would have corrected that pass right into the path of the opposing striker

I think FIFA 18 will make a better use of frostbite engine than FIFA 17.. So, similarities in graphics between FIFA 18 and 17 are expected, the most important thing is the gameplay, better programming for smarter AI and processing more possibilities in tactics, personalities, teams and all varieties.

Also at 3:38 Ronaldo uses slow walk which is now on R1. A lack of a slow walk option killed FIFA 17 game for me. Its too frantic. Now lets just hope the game punishes you for sprinting too much in midfield

In the video I posted (and translated) in last page, the chubby dude say it's super responsive.

I really hope that's the case.

Its extremely responsive from all reviews I read. They focused on responsiveness because of how clunky animations were last year. But responsiveness being peak means more 40 yard unstoppable screameres. .They need to NERF long shots badly. In fifa16 in the pre game you could never score that consistently from 30 yards

Yes, FiFA 16 had much better gameplay even though it was far from perfect. There were less frustating moments in FiFA 16 compared to FiFA 17.

Also at 3:38 Ronaldo uses slow walk which is now on R1. A lack of a slow walk option killed FIFA 17 game for me. Its too frantic. Now lets just hope the game punishes you for sprinting too much in midfield

Yeah, back in FiFA 98-2002 world cup, players used to get tired because of too much sprinting. It was great.

Graphics of FiFA 17 was fine, especially the cloth physics. They just need to do some lighting tweaks to make it look good, especially during night matches.

The biggest problem is the grass color during night matches. Dusk turf looks good to be honest. But the day turf looks dark and dull...

Back
Top Bottom