FIFA 17 - PC Discussion

my game doesn't drop to windowed mode occasionally but it refuses to go to full screen at all , I can play only in window no matter what I do

The situation is the following . I have an installation of Windows 8.1 with fifa 16 and fifa 17 demo installed and when those games start i get the message "Unable to connect the EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection or try again later. See http://help.ea.com/article/not-able-to-connect-to-online-play for additional information". Then i am buying Fifa 17 and i still have the same message when the game starts. Then i am doing a new clean install of windows 8.1 i am resetting the router back to factory defaults and i am still getting the same message on Fifa 17. What else can i do ?? Its so frustrating.

Is anyone having stuttering/lag problems running Windows 10 and NVIDIA?

In every game there is was sequence where the game becomes very unresponsive and my player movement has a delay for 3+ seconds. Occassionally stuttering occurs aswell :(

I tried both windowed mode and fullscreen, Vsync is turned on in FIFA settings (60fps lock)

yep I have this when playing FUT online. Single player seems ok. Whats your specs?

Mine is Core2Quad 9550, 8GB ram, Windows 7 64bit, GTX 670

I think my CPU is the bottleneck but not really sure.

You need to lock the game to 60fps, Nvidia control panel if Nvidia, Radeon Pro if AMD.
I already tried everything, nothing seems to work. Locked to 60fps with adaptive, No frame limit with adaptive, Locked to 60 with just "On", No frame limit with "On".

I've had this issue for years, but it I've always managed to resolve it with removing the frame limit from FIFA launcher and setting adaptive vsync from Nvidia Control Panel... this year nothing works for me.

Last edited:
yep I have this when playing FUT online. Single player seems ok. Whats your specs?

Mine is Core2Quad 9550, 8GB ram, Windows 7 64bit, GTX 670

I think my CPU is the bottleneck but not really sure.
It's a literal decade old cpu in tech wise so yes it's bottlenecking all modern games and gpu.

I already tried everything, nothing seems to work. Locked to 60fps with adaptive, No frame limit with adaptive, Locked to 60 with just "On", No frame limit with "On".

I've had this issue for years, but it I've always managed to resolve it with removing the frame limit from FIFA launcher and setting adaptive vsync from Nvidia Control Panel... this year nothing works for me.
Use nvidia inspector, works fine. I have tried it on 2 different pc's.
Choose unlimited frames in launcher. Open nvidia inspector - create new profile, name it Fifa 17, add executable, browse to your Fifa 17 folder and choose Fifa 17.exe

In nvidia inspector choose v-sync on, standard instead of adaptive. Frame rate limiter 60fps. I also have triple buffering enabled. Click apply at top left.

Works like a charm at 1080p and 4k on 2 different rigs.

Use nvidia inspector, works fine. I have tried it on 2 different pc's.
Choose unlimited frames in launcher. Open nvidia inspector - create new profile, name it Fifa 17, add executable, browse to your Fifa 17 folder and choose Fifa 17.exe

In nvidia inspector choose v-sync on, standard instead of adaptive. Frame rate limiter 60fps. I also have triple buffering enabled. Click apply at top left.

Works like a charm at 1080p and 4k on 2 different rigs.
I will give this a shot, thanks!

P.S. Nope, still 30fps in menus and cut scenes, free kicks, goal kicks, etc.

Last edited:
970 clocked.
I am on my phone at the minute, I will try and post screenshots later of my settings with nvidia inspector. I have one pc that has an Asus strix 970gtx@1080p and my other pc has 2xMSI 970gtx in sli@3840x2160p, and both run cutscene 's and menu's at 60fps no problem at all.

Reactions: Nik
I am on my phone at the minute, I will try and post screenshots later of my settings with nvidia inspector. I have one pc that has an Asus strix 970gtx@1080p and my other pc has 2xMSI 970gtx in sli@3840x2160p, and both run cutscene 's and menu's at 60fps no problem at all.

Does Fifa support Sli? I thought it doesnt. Anyway, hows the performance scaling?

Does Fifa support Sli? I thought it doesnt. Anyway, hows the performance scaling?

You are correct sami 1999.

I just checked, 2nd card is doing nothing.

I attempted Battlefield 1 sli bits - nothing at all.
Battlefield 3&4 sli bits - Crazy artifacts everywhere but uses both GPU's, didn't check scaling, black faces everywhere, made trippy green lights on goalposts..
Mirrors edge catalyst - This one is soo close, in game runs great, but everyone has odd ghost faces in replays, only their faces though, everything else is fine. Probably 60/40 GPU Scaling.
Tried AFR friendly and a few others - continual flashing i'm afraid.

This was with new nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.7

I don't think they do care no :( I finally gave up on SLI when they never fixed it for The Division, bought myself an AMD RX480 and used one of my two Nvidia GTX 770s in a desktop for my wife.

Asking again. Is the catalogue still broken for PC? Do PC players get boot updates as well?

Maybe nobody replied because they don't know? No need to be obnoxious and make a thread because nobody replied to you. I unlocked all the boots/balls but didn't try to apply any of them.

Placebo - any idea why my game plays 60 FPS full screen when I want it to play 30 FPS? The 30 FPS works in Window Mode, but not full-screen.

GTX 960, latest drivers.

Placebo - any idea why my game plays 60 FPS full screen when I want it to play 30 FPS? The 30 FPS works in Window Mode, but not full-screen.

GTX 960, latest drivers.
Have this problem on Fifa 16 aswell. Game runs on refresh rate's fps on fullscreen but 30 fps in windowed.

I think it happened after I forced Vsync through my GPU driver. Anywau, just select "Adaptive Vsync Half refresh" and you'll get 30fps. I tried it and it work on my pc.

Have this problem on Fifa 16 aswell. Game runs on refresh rate's fps on fullscreen but 30 fps in windowed.

I think it happened after I forced Vsync through my GPU driver. Anywau, just select "Adaptive Vsync Half refresh" and you'll get 30fps. I tried it and it work on my pc.

I tried that, but in the program profile settings, maybe I should apply it for the global profile? I'm not in front of the pc just yet.

Back
Top Bottom