FIFA 15 SLIDERS

I tried those final sliders out and ended up changing quite a few actually. The pass error slider - doesn't it specifically say it's only affecting ground passes? But it impacts crosses as well. I found too many crosses were going nowhere near the target. Even on 53 pass error, I put a cross into the box and it could go miles off. The AI would miss a target by 20 metres. Looked like a really bad manual player lol.

Reducing their shot error was good though, as I found them scoring some delicious goals. Honestly, it felt like the sliders were just making every game out to be a real struggle and sometimes only 1 shot in total per half. So I've been trying to adjust them for taste and also to enable more chances to be created. Maybe dropping to professional would help or now that I've adjust pass error down, I could put the sprint speed back up.

I tried those final sliders out and ended up changing quite a few actually. The pass error slider - doesn't it specifically say it's only affecting ground passes? But it impacts crosses as well. I found too many crosses were going nowhere near the target. Even on 53 pass error, I put a cross into the box and it could go miles off. The AI would miss a target by 20 metres. Looked like a really bad manual player lol.

Reducing their shot error was good though, as I found them scoring some delicious goals. Honestly, it felt like the sliders were just making every game out to be a real struggle and sometimes only 1 shot in total per half. So I've been trying to adjust them for taste and also to enable more chances to be created. Maybe dropping to professional would help or now that I've adjust pass error down, I could put the sprint speed back up.

Pass error humanizes the CPU more. Bad crosses are part of the random, unpredictability, of real life. Count how many bad crosses you see even in the Premier League - it is not an easy skill set. I think you need to give it more time honestly. Here is what I posted in defending the pass error value on operation sports - where these sliders were collaborated, and created with the community:

68 is the best I have seen. I experimented with pass errors for so long in my own thread, and right below 70 is where things take off.

I'll probably make a video of it, but the benefits of this pass error are positive:

- No player is Xavi anymore - through passes or tough passes direct to player's feet cannot be performed so easily

- Passes into space by the CPU. Once it's mentioned, you'll never believe it wasn't the case before - but now you'll start to notice it even more.

- Varied crosses. Ever watch Youtube vids of guys playing the CPU and the CPU plays in these perfect crosses right at the heads of attackers - yet IRL this rarely happens, instead the cross is played into the path (depending on skill level) of the attacker - so he has to run onto it to make an effort on goal. See my MM against Stoke City for reference (signature).

- Bad passes under pressure. The CPU often times can play like Barcelona, everyone knows that, but even Barcelona makes bad passes - they're human after all despite how much Iniesta looks like a ghost. It's a joy to see the CPU's attack fail not as a result of my defending, but simply they aren't on the same page - and end up shooting themselves in the foot.

- Long passes, cross passes, lobbed passes - that word variety that we had been looking for all this time. Everyone wanted variety so much you opted to put pass error @ 19 for crying out loud.

- Bad crosses - that's right, it's a positive thing. Not every player can hit a cross - it's not an easy thing to do. I remember in college I was the only player who could cross a ball with pace (I really could bend it like Beckham) - but I would struggle when fatigue sat in, and I would forget to turn my hips enough. With adrenaline kicked in and a outside mid and back kicking at my heels - it wasn't easy to be consistent.

Pass error is what makes your players stand out. Separate the best from the worst - the ones that are confident and ones that just aren't cutting it. The amount of depth it forces you to have is unheard of. You don't have to consider just stamina to make a sub now, you have to consider the intangibles like confidence, potential, etc. The CPU seems to key in on this as well for their players - and it's nice to see that when a player is struggling to perform, the CPU recognizes to change a gameplan or change personnel.

Thanks for the explanation. It's great to see all that but I was finding both myself (playing on assisted) and the CPU were mis-hitting a lot more crosses than you'd see in a real game. I don't mind a realistic outcome but the frequency and amount of error was the rule, not the exception. That wasn't realistic at all. p.s. I'm playing with Adelaide United, who are 1.5 stars from memory. Some of the players in this league shank their crosses, but not that much lol.

Is your rationale like you just posted written up somewhere so I can read through the other sliders please? Or was it just on a video you posted a while back? I'd like to tweak some of the others if possible. Cheers Matt.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. It's great to see all that but I was finding both myself (playing on assisted) and the CPU were mis-hitting a lot more crosses than you'd see in a real game. I don't mind a realistic outcome but the frequency and amount of error was the rule, not the exception. That wasn't realistic at all. p.s. I'm playing with Adelaide United, who are 1.5 stars from memory. Some of the players in this league shank their crosses, but not that much lol.

Is your rationale like you just posted written up somewhere so I can read through the other sliders please? Or was it just on a video you posted a while back? I'd like to tweak some of the others if possible. Cheers Matt.

I had the same experience about crossing, so I reduced pass error. I said it in another forum, these sliders are good for average/top teams, but playing in lower leagues or championships might get a little uggly or frustrating. I wasn´t seing many mistakes from the CPU, not weird ones at least, but my players were never able to cross a ball. And I don´t mean some kind of power misjudging, the crosses were always waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy off, almost always going to the oposite sideline.

I´m starting to think that sliders affect gameplay diferently depending on the platform. I already talked Matt10 about the diferences in speed between my Xbone version and his PC version. Passing is faster in my game, its even noticeable that the camera has to move faster to follow some passes, and that makes the game look more frenetic, instead of the lovely low pace matches we can see in Matt10´s videos.

I might "waste" some time testing some passing speed and sprint speed settings, I believe that´s where my problem is. I will lower as much as I can without causing any issues, but if I start to spend too much time, I´ll just leave it as I want to enjoy the game without any headaches.

I had the same experience about crossing, so I reduced pass error. I said it in another forum, these sliders are good for average/top teams, but playing in lower leagues or championships might get a little uggly or frustrating. I wasn´t seing many mistakes from the CPU, not weird ones at least, but my players were never able to cross a ball. And I don´t mean some kind of power misjudging, the crosses were always waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy off, almost always going to the oposite sideline.

I´m starting to think that sliders affect gameplay diferently depending on the platform. I already talked Matt10 about the diferences in speed between my Xbone version and his PC version. Passing is faster in my game, its even noticeable that the camera has to move faster to follow some passes, and that makes the game look more frenetic, instead of the lovely low pace matches we can see in Matt10´s videos.

I might "waste" some time testing some passing speed and sprint speed settings, I believe that´s where my problem is. I will lower as much as I can without causing any issues, but if I start to spend too much time, I´ll just leave it as I want to enjoy the game without any headaches.

Yes I was finding this as well. I play on the Xbox One and will be keen to investigate these further. I did see some good things happening with the sliders, and the goals scored by the AI were great. I also play with assisted settings rather than manual so this will impact the set. What settings do you play on and I'll let you know what I've come up with on my console.

I remember that shot power settings are extremely sensitive so going from 50 to 51 was good in the past but 52 was crazy. Haven't found 51 to produce rockets on FIFA 15 but there's more shot error this year and it feels like you have to power up for longer.

For offline play, it's cool to adjust things like how the CPU spread out over the pitch or mark you etc but I don't like adjusting any of your own sliders that are non tactical like pass speed, shot speed/error, power bar because you'll find it hard to re-adjust when playing online.

I need to find the discussion of what the sliders actually do, rather than the EA description, and I will come up with my own that suits my play and if you want to try them you can.

Thing is the sliders seem to impact the gameplay in terms of tactical behaviour. If you mess up too much then CPU will start/stop doing certain things. If you understand the impact of each slider, then you can try to find a near perfect balance between all of them. It´s not easy though, and as we see, we´re in January and there´s still adjustments going on. Like I thought, its already turning into a cycle and once we know it, we´re spending all our time trying to fix things rather then enjoying the game.

Personaly, I enjoy the first error and the run frequency sliders. All the rest I´m starting to believe that they won´t help enough to justify so much time around them. Then I´m always thinking, "what if I increase a little more?...What if I try a lower pass speed?, etc" and I´ll never be satisfied. It´s time to enjoy the game as it is.

The big problem for me is that, on Legendary, the CPU pass the ball around like Gods and if you get within a certain distance of them, they just pass the ball away. There was a lone Chelsea striker running towards my goal last night, my defender starts running towards him, and he instantly turned around and hit a 35 yard pass back to the half-way line. From the edge of the box. Inch-perfect too. It looked really stupid.

I've started playing on manual on lower difficulties to avoid this, but then the CPU isn't tough enough on me. It's such a shame.

Yeah it can be frustrating sometimes. Maybe you should try pass error at 60. IMO more then that will cause awkward passing in long balls, specially for human player.

I put pass error to 53 and that still had some realistic looking error to it. Although it was with the 1.5 star teams. I am going to start an Italian or English league or cup soon so I'll be testing the original sliders from Matt again but with pass error toned down and see how they go.

Yeah, I'm not sure you're ever going to find a fully satisfying solution with sliders because of the way they're programmed, with the two main issues being the way the CPU AI is programmed in relation to the slider settings, and the way that the error is applied with the error-based sliders.

With the AI, the issue is that the AI in FIFA is programmed at default settings, and when you start messing with sliders, unfortunately the AI isn't flexible and complex enough to adapt. So you get a CPU playing in the same style, making many of the same decisions, despite new rules governing play. It can make for some strange, unrealistic, passages of play.

The biggest problem for me though is the way error is applied with error-based sliders. Most importantly, while increasing passing error makes for a more realistic outcome in passing %s, the way error is applied is poorly done. It's the same with first touch, though passing is the worst because of how it dramatically influences, and pretty much ruins, the crossing game.

It's a rather frustrating experience overall - each time I think the game is improved with slider adjustments, I notice a new problem created by the sliders. Decrease run frequency to make the game less frantic and counter-attack dominant, and you get elite players not making the simplest of runs at crucial moments; increase pass error and you get horrible crosses and elite players missing the simplest of passes for no clear reason; increase first touch too much and you get some really weird, unrealistic looking touches.

The most success I've had is with making subtle adjustments and playing with lower level teams. That way you get much more realistic play as a result of the combination of slight slider adjustments combined with less than elite player attributes, which makes a massive difference. Major slider adjustments - e.g. very low run frequency; 60+ pass error - I find can have a positive impact on gameplay but almost always create other noticeable issues, and it's often an exercise in choosing which of several negatives bothers you least.

I agree. I think the adjustments need to be subtle otherwise for every nice passage of play there's a few WTF moments. I remember shot error of more than 1 would mean players could be 1 on 1 and continually slide the ball a few metres wide of goal. A realistic miss would be a lot closer than how these players were missing, which looked too linear and well wide of target in a situation where no player in the world...even an amateur would shank a shot by that much.

Subtlety is the way with the current system.

Anyway, here is the most recent set that we are testing. Seeing a lot of good things, and humanizing the CPU a bit more. The shape is solid, and attacking variety is there. Overall, a good experience, and of course, open to suggestions.

Code:
FIFA 15 Operation Sports Community Sliders
Test Version				
10-15 mins, World Class & Legendary difficulty, SLOW SPEED
                  WORLD CLASS	LEGENDARY
                User	CPU	User	CPU
Sprint Speed	50	52	50	50
Acceleration	50	51	50	50
Shot Error	52	52	52	52
Pass Error	65	65	65	65
Shot Speed	51	51	51	51
Pass Speed	55	55	55	55
Injury Freq     63	63	63	63
Injury Sev      40	40	40	40
GK Ability	50	50	50	50
Marking	        55	55	55	55
Run Frequency    5	5	5	5
Line Height	55	55	55	55
Line Length	35	35	35	35
Line Width	55	55	55	55
FB Positioning  80	80	80	80
FT Control	75	75	75	75

Thanks for sharing, Matt.
I think you should make different slider settings for 10 and 15 min halves because at 10 min there would be less goals per game than at 15min.
For example, I think line height should be lowered for 15 min to make penetrating the defense and scoring a bit harder.

Those sliders look pretty close to what I've been playing with lately, with two exceptions: run frequency and pass error.

I tried playing with run frequency at 5 and in my Bayern CM, I found myself too often screaming at my guys to make goddamn obvious runs.

Regards to pass error, such a high slider adjustment causes too much weird shit for me, and I just can't accept how it ruins the crossing game. Plus, play with such a high error with lower league clubs, like I tried in my lower league CM with Burton Albion, and the game plays like a bad joke. I haven't tried it but I'd imagine similar outcomes with a high FT error with lower rated teams.

Thanks for sharing, Matt.
I think you should make different slider settings for 10 and 15 min halves because at 10 min there would be less goals per game than at 15min.
For example, I think line height should be lowered for 15 min to make penetrating the defense and scoring a bit harder.

I play on 10 mins and get a decent amount of matches with several goals. It is tough though to score, compared to default at least, but statistic wise it's not too far off.

The thing is about adjusting height, it actually makes it tougher to score (players are more dropped back). The only thing that could work is decreasing pass and shot error.

Those sliders look pretty close to what I've been playing with lately, with two exceptions: run frequency and pass error.

I tried playing with run frequency at 5 and in my Bayern CM, I found myself too often screaming at my guys to make goddamn obvious runs.

Regards to pass error, such a high slider adjustment causes too much weird shit for me, and I just can't accept how it ruins the crossing game. Plus, play with such a high error with lower league clubs, like I tried in my lower league CM with Burton Albion, and the game plays like a bad joke. I haven't tried it but I'd imagine similar outcomes with a high FT error with lower rated teams.

Yeah, we had to come to terms with this most recent patch update that has ruined the defensive line due to its painful constant drop back. So lowering length has allowed the teams to compress a bit. Run frequency is tough cookie because the nice thing about 5 is players check to the ball more, and still make runs off the ball, for user and CPU. As the user we have the advantage of L1 to send a player, and it seems that when the player "runs on their own" the CPU goes brain dead - and has ADD (attention deficit defending) going into man marking versus zonal.

I think pass error is going to always be up for debate. I played Coventry recently, as Chelsea, and they had no issues crossing the ball - even scored a crossing goal on me, with 10 men. IRL there are bad crosses - it's not an easy skill, going at full speed, with all that pressure to perform, some guys just can't do it. The good thing is, it's not THAT consistent (as in every possession) and the trade off is more variety in attacks since they aren't "trying" to hit a high percentage.

I am definitely open to a different pass error if it keeps the balance of variety and the beautiful, when executed, crosses that actually go into space, versus right to the head of the players. Thanks, mfmax.

Thanks Matt. I haven't had a chance to fire up the Xbox in a couple of weeks but I will try these out and give my input when I get a chance.

Thanks, CC - here is the absolute most up to date. We are testing some values to get the absolute most, but at this point, it's all icing on the cake I would say. The FT control @ 100 really brings out the reminder that the ball is a separate entity and even the top players cannot manipulate it that easily, however they do stand out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10kcn0lIZ2ZtN_4czt6H-TmbXdbYLA8SNLNzCDRVW9-k/edit#gid=0

Cheers, I will have a look and do some testing of my own.

EDIT: I play on fast speed and assisted as the two mates I have regular FIFA nights with, use fast and players online don't play a slow controlled build up game. Doesn't mean you have to play like a sprint button holding noob though.

So my suggestions will have those qualifiers in place.

Last edited:
Any sliders to make CPU pass more in the middle and not just dribble past players doing all the skills in the world.

You need to learn to stay off the sprint button when defending. It sounds silly but when you run the CPU will turn into Hazard/Messi and turn you inside out. Try to defend by keeping position and cut off passing lanes. The CPU will pass more and will be less effective.

You need to learn to stay off the sprint button when defending. It sounds silly but when you run the CPU will turn into Hazard/Messi and turn you inside out. Try to defend by keeping position and cut off passing lanes. The CPU will pass more and will be less effective.

It actually helped quite a lot with defending but now they just guard the ball until I take the ball. They still don't pass a lot.

There's a few reviews which point out the lack of passing and the abundance of dribbling in FIFA as a whole, I don't think there's any way of fixing the way the AI behaves in that regard sadly. In-fact it's my biggest issue with the game (and why I've not played it for a couple of weeks now, it just got a bit much).

The problem this year is that while dribbling and attacking are pretty excellent, the defensive AI and defensive mechanics are shit, and there aren't any sliders to fix the problem. You could do a couple things like increase CPU pass error and CPU first touch error to compensate, but they aren't real fixes.

Yeah, it's pretty lame playing against a shitty team that can just dribble around your defense and retain possession like they're all Messi, but that's where FiFA's at right now.

Gameplay wise, FIFA 15 needs a revamped A.I who passes a lot and play more midfield and knows how to zonal mark instead of man mark all the time and they need the increase the line height and decrease the line length by default to stop with that end to end bullshit. They also need to revamp the whole defending system. The game would be so much better with the fixes.

Here is a full match showcasing the most recent sliders. I have included them as well:

YouTube - FIFA 15 OS Sliders - Full Match+Slider Breakdown

7BWEvv.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom