Fifa 10 Database Errors Thread

You're right. PES has been getting better and better in this department year after year, and I really can't understand why EA is so lazy about this...
I know most of this work is made by database reserchers but how on earth a guy can't see the diferences between a 'happy fool frog' sponsor and a simple MEO lettring?

And then again (after FIFA 08 and FIFA 09) the players name is shown in the jerseys bottom... :(

Thats not correct... database researchers do atributes, player apperances, team tatics, transfers and stuff like that, we dont make kits or star players 3d faces... thats created by the artists at EA Canada. The best we(im a db editor) can do is provide them reference pictures, which we do alot, but they still make those silly mistakes, god knows why!

Thats not correct... database researchers do atributes, player apperances, team tatics, transfers and stuff like that, we dont make kits or star players 3d faces... thats created by the artists at EA Canada. The best we(im a db editor) can do is provide them reference pictures, which we do alot, but they still make those silly mistakes, god knows why!

Sorry mate, I always thought this was DB editors stuff.
So this means it's even worse than I expected... I mean, how come EA artists keep making the same mistakes all over again despite all feedback we provide them? :(

Sorry mate, I always thought this was DB editors stuff.
So this means it's even worse than I expected... I mean, how come EA artists keep making the same mistakes all over again despite all feedback we provide them? :(

Yeh, that annoyes the heck out of me too...at least the teams i provided photos got their kits correctly(some brazilian teams)... i really have no clue why they made such big mistakes on kits from big teams like Benfica or Galatassaray.

Yeah he's taken 3 or 4 for us and scored them all, including one in the high pressure CL Final against Chelsea.

Another error (I think)

Grafite's call name is wrong, it's the same as 09, but whatever he's saying isnt Grafite.

Pepe Reina should just have Reina on the back of his shirt, shouldn't he? He has "Pepe Reina" on it in FIFA.

If your 360 is chipped/flashed/whatever, won't there be a way to edit the database file much like you can on the PC version, and burn the file to a disc and patch it into the game on the console?

Just a query really, as my 360 Elite is standard fare.

This is more of a bug than a DB error:

fifa10comparacao3.jpg

Notice that on the Home kit its "liédson" and the away kit its "Liédson", with a capital "L".

I went to edit mode, and the home kit has Capital first letters there, Liédson, not liédson. So there's some bug going on somewhere...

does really sporting having 2 kit sponsor? or they misinterpret and that meo sponsor suppose to be on benfica wich they putted a frog instead...?

How come all the Nike boots aren't available in edit mode? I thought last year it was becauses Adidas sponsored the Live Season but this year they don't(from what i see) so what gives. I wanna select the white vapours, the other t90s etc

does really sporting having 2 kit sponsor? or they misinterpret and that meo sponsor suppose to be on benfica wich they putted a frog instead...?

yes, they have, but its missing the "superbock" sponsor in the back. As any portuguese team the number/font are wrong.

Hi guys, thought I'd add to the misakes.

p02100915.jpg

As you can see, the shirt sponsor is opposite to what it should be.

Also, I know that the Leicester City home shirt does't have a sponsor bus their away shirt does :CONFUSE:.

EA need to get their act together and release an update to sort these mistakes.

Seriously, how does something like that Newcastle sponsor get passed any kind of approval? Unbelievable that a company like EA can't even get basic kit images right.

Going to play Devil's Advocate here...

What you have to consider with the supposed kit 'errors' is that EA are supplied with images of new kits by the clubs or manufacturers themselves, long before they are unveiled publicly. So it could be that these errors are actually because they were the images that EA were given. A recent statement from EA confirmed that it's not a case of their researchers making kits compared to the final released ones, rather they are based on the provisional images provided by the clubs themselves weeks/months beforehand.

So, for example, at one time, Aston Villa may have been planning on having purple home socks this year, but changed their mind later on. Same goes for the Newcastle kit, it's very possible that they'd originally thought about making the 'northern rock' text black on a white background, and then changed it a later date. This would also explain why some teams are missing sponsors - many clubs will have had their new kits designed but not agreed a sponsorship deal until the last minute. Portsmouth is a good example of this.

I hope this gives people something to think about at least.

But in August, thet know the kits that all the teams are using. They then have two months to update the kits they already have, plenty of time to correct them.

Going to play Devil's Advocate here...

What you have to consider with the supposed kit 'errors' is that EA are supplied with images of new kits by the clubs or manufacturers themselves, long before they are unveiled publicly. So it could be that these errors are actually because they were the images that EA were given. A recent statement from EA confirmed that it's not a case of their researchers making kits compared to the final released ones, rather they are based on the provisional images provided by the clubs themselves weeks/months beforehand.

So, for example, at one time, Aston Villa may have been planning on having purple home socks this year, but changed their mind later on. Same goes for the Newcastle kit, it's very possible that they'd originally thought about making the 'northern rock' text black on a white background, and then changed it a later date. This would also explain why some teams are missing sponsors - many clubs will have had their new kits designed but not agreed a sponsorship deal until the last minute. Portsmouth is a good example of this.

I hope this gives people something to think about at least.

We editors also provide pics of the kits into the internal editing forums, most of the English kits were posted in July, plenty of time to tweak those little things like wrong sponsor colours, missing sponsors etc. etc.

Placebo said:
We editors also provide pics of the kits into the internal editing forums, most of the English kits were posted in July, plenty of time to tweak those little things like wrong sponsor colours, missing sponsors etc.
DagsJT said:
But in August, they know the kits that all the teams are using. They then have two months to update the kits they already have, plenty of time to correct them.

Two months? Maybe one, max. The game disc will have been virtually finished by the start of September, and they certainly wouldn't be working on cosmetic issues that late in the day. The very reason they will have been supplied with early versions of kits to work on is because there simply wouldn't be time to do them once they'd been publicly released. There are hundreds of teams in the game - each team has 2/3 kits, some have GK kits too. That's maybe 1000 kits to do - they're not going to be able to do a thousand kits in a month! Most of them will have been done as far back as May. By the time August comes around, I'm sure there are other priorities. Some might not like it, but that's the way it is I guess. Market demands are tough. I think that having the licenses is a double-edged sword, as then EA are automatically expected to have all the kits perfect, even though to do so still requires a huge amount of work - something which many armchair gamers seem to forget.

Two months? Maybe one, max. The game disc will have been virtually finished by the start of September, and they certainly wouldn't be working on cosmetic issues that late in the day. The very reason they will have been supplied with early versions of kits to work on is because there simply wouldn't be time to do them once they'd been publicly released. There are hundreds of teams in the game - each team has 2/3 kits, some have GK kits too. That's maybe 1000 kits to do - they're not going to be able to do a thousand kits in a month! Most of them will have been done as far back as May. By the time August comes around, I'm sure there are other priorities. Some might not like it, but that's the way it is I guess. Market demands are tough. I think that having the licenses is a double-edged sword, as then EA are automatically expected to have all the kits perfect, even though to do so still requires a huge amount of work - something which many armchair gamers seem to forget.

The graphic team can still work on the game even if it's gone Gold though, and you'd think they'd be working on things that will go into the patch where things are tidied up.

This is what's happening with Football Manager 2010 where testing continues right up until it's Gold, and then your testing continues straight away as you're still working on getting anything sorted that didn't make Gold.

Just because the disc is finished, it doesn't (or shouldn't) necessarily mean the whole graphics team decides their done with the game. Or any part of the FIFA team for that matter.

Obviously this isn't the case with EA as they'll go on holiday as soon as the game is released instead of hanging around to see if there's any gamebreaking bugs.

if i got payed for it i could pull out a whole accurate league set for pes or fifa within a day or so, me alone. now don't tell me they can not manage in time.

plus as mentioned above you allways have the option of patching graphics via live, like konami did last year.

but ea do not seem to bother with something that "unimportant" as kits.

Look, I'm not defending anybody here, I was just playing devil's advocate and suggesting a reason why some of the kits might be wrong. It's still up to people what they want to think.

@ DagsJT - as we've already seen, EA patches are for things like bugs and gameplay issues, not cosmetic errors.

@ OPM - wow, if you can create a perfect set of kits for a whole league in one day, then hats off to you. I'd like to think that the EA team could do the same, if they were to do the kits, say, tomorrow. But they will have actually done them way back in May/June, based on the provisional designs that clubs supplied them with. That's all.

Eurogamer recently put it to EA why some of the kits are wrong in FIFA 10. Their response:

"Every year we do our best to be 100 per cent accurate. That said, we are dependent on our partners at leagues and clubs providing us with the reference. It's usual that we get these for the vast majority of our clubs, but for some we do not - and they will have errors or omissions. Indeed, sometimes the clubs change their minds after we've already started building the kits! That said - all our kits etc are approved by the manufacturers, clubs and leagues - but with a game the size of FIFA there will always be a small number of disappointed kit aficionados."

Back
Top Bottom