FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Scoring goals in PES/WE DOES FEEL MORE REALISTIC and you get the blood rush thru your veins.. FIFA can't compare to that.

I agree that PES6 has been a major disappointment with the lack of editing, and the online fiasco...
And surely enough, people who play a lot online will find FIFA a
better alternative.

But FIFA just lacks that missing ingredient which WE has,....
scoring goals is a bore in FIFA...the passion and excitement
of scoring goals which WE has is something else...

And JB, it's not because my shots balloon over the bar....
In fact for me the excitement happens when I score after a flowing
passing move, or fast counter-attack or when I'm piling on the pressure
and get a scrappy goal...
Once in a while, shots do balloon over....but it's rare...

I might give FIFA one last try this week, other wise I'm selling my
XBOX 360 and the FIFA.....and I will wait for PS3 and WE.

Regarding the PS3 and Konami, I think Japanese gamers will demand
more for that platform than the XBOX, and that will drive more
innovation on the PS3 in future.....
I think that is where Konami's next-gen efforts will focus on....

make all of your strikers finishing and ball power attributes set to 99 that mimic the winning eleven feeling of shots on goal

lol.

I think im mastering the shooting, I did a first time shot before and rocketed the crossbar and it bounced down and the defender cleared it.

I LOVE multiplayer on this game. Me and my sisters bf have been doin games online for about 2 hours this morning and it was class.

We got beat to JayD though 1-0, with his crappy 3 min halfs ;)

Won every other game though :)

Is it terrible that all I saw in that last post was "me and my sister"...?

Anyway, the game is fantastic. I can't get enough of it. I've started a league with my nephew (having to write every result down is ridiculous though) and it's so much fun. It's a blast. The game is only let down by the lack of offline modes and the total lack of honest online players, which is depressing (every game it's boot, boot, boot).

But it's definitely the best football game I've ever played (apart from Football Manager 2007, but that's a management game). :)

I'd also like to say, people who think the shooting is shit havent learned how to shoot.

Theres so many varieties of shot, which all depend on your body shape, position and what foot your on, as well as how good the player is and how long you press the shoot button for.

I'd also like to say, people who think the shooting is shit havent learned how to shoot.

Theres so many varieties of shot, which all depend on your body shape, position and what foot your on, as well as how good the player is and how long you press the shoot button for.

i totally agree man!!!
once you get used to the analog stick(since i was a dpad ps2 player) the shooting becomes really cool!

and i agree with JB too, this is by far the best footy game i ever played! (alos not mentioning manager games).

and i agree with JB too, this is by far the best footy game i ever played! (alos not mentioning manager games).
Yeah and great fun when you play people online that really just want to play the game.

Speaking of online games. What was up with you last night? Was your 360 crashing again, cause you kept signing on and off.........I just wanted to play a match damnit!!!!!! :)

Is it terrible that all I saw in that last post was "me and my sister"...?

Anyway, the game is fantastic. I can't get enough of it. I've started a league with my nephew (having to write every result down is ridiculous though) and it's so much fun. It's a blast. The game is only let down by the lack of offline modes and the total lack of honest online players, which is depressing (every game it's boot, boot, boot).

But it's definitely the best football game I've ever played (apart from Football Manager 2007, but that's a management game). :)

it better then the first time you played pro evo.... somehow i doubt that..

I remember the first time I ever played a pro evo game.............I fucking hated it(sorry for the f-bomb but thats how I really felt). But I did what people on various forums said to do, gave it more of a chance.....so...I spent some time with it and got used to it, which is exactly what needs done with this new FIFA.

I love Winning Eleven at first thought it was like a chess game. then year after year it was still the same chess game get my point...you can only play so much of it before the same mechanic hit you over the head

Well, you're wrong.

The first time I played Pro Evo I thought it was brilliant, true. The first time I played Winning Eleven (6: FE) I thought it was incredible, and my dad (who thinks every single game is "a kids game" and "a load of crap") couldn't believe his eyes.

But when I first played FIFA 07 I couldn't get over how real it "felt". When you kicked a ball, it was weighted just right. It went where I wanted it to go, because that's how I weighted the ball and placed the pass - whereas in every Pro Evo, it's "press X and the ball goes there". No effort involved, apart from the effort of smashing the pad to pieces because the CPU decides to pass to someone totally different than the guy you wanted to pass to.

I play football regularly (not every day, once a week or so) and, after having just kicked a few balls around, I was literally wondering if during my first game of FIFA 07 I was dreaming, when my cross-field ball flew exactly where I wanted it to go, and my shot as well. Whereas in Pro Evo the keeper would have pulled off a wonder-save, he appeared human, and the ball crept into the corner. It was a "pinch yourself" moment.

Pro Evo always felt like a brilliant game that mimicked the movement and positioning of professional football perfectly, like chess, whereas FIFA 07 (DISCLAIMER: IN MY OPINION) felt like you were kicking the ball yourself. When I hit the ball, I know if I've hit a meaty shot or if I've rushed it. As in real life. Rather than just pointing and the ball making it's way there as if by magic.

Football isn't chess; and FIFA 07 demonstrates this perfectly. You can do all of the formation tinkering you can in Pro Evo, but on top of that, not every player does his job like a robot, you get mistakes, and you get physicality.

There are problems; trying to head the ball when your player just doesn't want to is a bitch. But, as I've said constantly, the movement in Pro Evo 6 is far from realistic. "Cramped" isn't the word for the pitch, the CPU decides where your passes go and where your shots go, strikers run to the nearest defender to save him the job of marking, and online it is literally unplayable. You can like whatever game you like, but I refuse to play a game where, in one typical match, with 23 shots - 3 were on target, 20 were over the bar and the scoreline ended up 0-1.

It's not a game of football. It's a game of who-is-the-button-lag-going-to-go-easy-on. And I fucking hate that game.

If that's realism - if being scared of pressing the shoot button is realism, if having to press it for 0.1 of a second is realism - then you can shove it up your Konarse.

Last edited:

Jack you sure EA aren't paying you mate?

Played some more FIFA over my mate's flat earlier today. Had a friendly match, he was England and I was Spain. The end result was 2-1 to him and it was quite an enjoyable game.

Then we put PES6 on and played the same fixture - AGAIN, 2-1 to my mate but what a totally different experience, much more fun. I still don't get the fuss that you are all making about FIFA07 (360)!? I noticed that JB mentioned it was one of the best 360 games on the market in another thread! What absolute nonsence. I swear some of you need this thread to keep reminding each-other that is 'is actually quite good' despite deep-down knowing that there isn't something right about it.

I just don't get it guys.

I swear some of you need this thread to keep reminding each-other that is 'is actually quite good' despite deep-down knowing that there isn't something right about it.
No, we need this thread to remind each other that we still have a place on evo-web to talk about a football game. Just because we like this game better than current PES/WE games doesnt mean we don't still want to talk to the same people we have been talking to for quite some time on these forums. What would be nice is if people like you (that just want to state over and over how they don't like it and then proceed to make such daft comments as, "we know deep-down inside that its just not right" as if we are like a closet gay or something :roll: ) would stop posting in this thread...........

I'm starting to think we have alot of traditionalists here...

Statement:

Fifa 07 is arguuably the best soccer game ever made.

No, we need this thread to remind each other that we still have a place on evo-web to talk about a football game. Just because we like this game better than current PES/WE games doesnt mean we don't still want to talk to the same people we have been talking to for quite some time on these forums. What would be nice is if people like you (that just want to state over and over how they don't like it and then proceed to make such daft comments as, "we know deep-down inside that its just not right" as if we are like a closet gay or something :roll: ) would stop posting in this thread...........

Chill out man, I am glad there is a healthy competition for PES at last but JB constantly keeps stating that he doesn't get why people like PES6, well, I don't 'get' what makes FIFA07 the "best football game ever" (and I went out, bought the game and gave it a thorough test, it's not as if I am a 'fan-boy'. I just seem to agree with the hundreds of reviews the game recieved and that is "a step in the right direction but it still doesn't play football as good as PES".

Anyway, enjoy what you enjoy - I am off to the pub for some liquid enjoyment!

Last edited by a moderator:

And he strikes again to stir up an argument with someone.....

DJ

Why can't people see that Fifa 07 has flaws but it's just better except for it's shooting EA have never gotten that aspect right yet fifa 07 current gen IS almost perfect in it's shooting howver ea didn't decide to make it work the same way in it's 360 vers...

I just seem to agree with the hundreds of reviews the game recieved and that is "a step in the right direction but it still doesn't play football as good as PES".

But these are the same reviews that give pes the same grade as fifa yet its a demo?! Overal i rate fifa higher then pes 360 because even though it has flaws (the heading and goalie ones) overal it still gives a better experience to people who want to play a "realistic league" in single player mode, or online from what i read. Whether gameplay is equal is another matter, fifa does have a lot of potential and its very close to equaling pes imo (fix the flaws and the collisiondetection between players). However pes, well we10 to be precise, is still better in gameplay imo (even though it has ridiculous scripting at times) for overal "feel". Its just that the rest of the game is soooo crap and repetitive that overal fifa gets my vote this year. Only just though, they are both fairly equal atm.

myslef said:
But these are the same reviews that give pes the same grade as fifa yet its a demo?!
Oh and before anyone comments that even then its still the same, its not, its fanboy reviewing at its best. They know fifa has done a good job this year, and they know pes has done a shit job this year but they wont give fifa a higher score as they all still love pes. You only have to look at grades that are given but not averaged, even with % to more valuable elements like gameplay. for example:

PES:
Graphics - 6
Sound - 2
Longevity singleplayer - 5
Longevity multiplayer - 9
Gameplay - 8 (with all the scripting its no longer a 9 or 10)

Fifa:
Graphics - 8 (with decentlooking faces it would be 9)
Sound - 7
Longevity SP - 8
Longevity MP - 7
Gameplay - 7 (if the flaws get fixed it will be really really good)

I think they are fair grades when comparing the games, yet the reviewers still give pes sound 6 graphics 8 longevity SP 9 etc. They are biased grades, unless offcourse they are reviewing for sheep who cant think for themselves and dont realise you are getting regurgitated games. Actually, most people are like that. If you say baahhhhh a lot, ignore my post :D

Last edited:

Why can't people see that Fifa 07 has flaws but it's just better except for it's shooting EA have never gotten that aspect right yet fifa 07 current gen IS almost perfect in it's shooting howver ea didn't decide to make it work the same way in it's 360 vers...

I actually think the shooting is better in the 360 version because now it does matter if I was off balance when I took the shot................just like in real life.

Damn forum ..................

Like I said, I think the shooting is far better in the 360 version becasue it really does matter that I was off balance when I took the shot...............just like in real life.

As for current-gen FIFA shooting, what on earth are you talking about "almost perfect"? Unless you like the fact that almost every shot results in a goal(would make sense, "almost perfect everytime"). I think the shooting in FIFA 07 current-gen is way to precise and accurate. When I played people I knew, our games became goal-fests. I'm talking like 9-7 games almost every game, due to almost every shot going in.

Last edited:

Tiktiktiktik, I agree 100% with your review. Personally I'd like to add to that, with two more categories; longevity multiplayer online. PES6 would, from me, get a 0 due to the button-lag making the game unplayable. Of course, the PES fanboys will think it's a loveable little glitch, and so you could maybe bump it up a few notches. And FIFA, unfortunately, would get a 4/5. Good start with the lobbies, but full of cheats (which is no fault of EA but still a big problem nevertheless). Great with mates, but otherwise not.

Speaking of which, tiktiktiktik, GET YOUR 360 ONLINE. We need another two people for the league. :D

Last edited:

Yeah and great fun when you play people online that really just want to play the game.

Speaking of online games. What was up with you last night? Was your 360 crashing again, cause you kept signing on and off.........I just wanted to play a match damnit!!!!!! :)

yeh m8..yesterday was crap for me(lost 3 ranked games casue of connection problems), my internet connection was just shiiitttY(a lot of heavy rain here in brazil!)!
but all has been fixed today. so my 4mb link is up and working 100%!

totally agree again man! i do think PES/WE fan base is the the most football hardcore one..i really do think that! and thats why i am here at evoweb for so long , and i will still be here evan though i am more of a fifa player now.
and also about that "first time i played WE i thouhgt it was crap" thinking... i agree! first WE game i played it was WINNING ELEVEN 4 @ PSONE, i was so used to FIFA(since fifa internations(1994)) that i thought at first the game was crap, but after giving it some time, about a month i just started to LOVE the game...this thing is happening again to me with this next gen fifa. the first game i played i didnt liked very much, but that was becasue i was WAY TOO USED to WE gameplay, but once you can clean your head of that , you can CLEARY see that fifa 07 is a much more realistic football game than current PES/WE are(despite the gks ofcourse).

anyway, lets not discuss taste here...everyone has a diferent way of thinking. for me, this year is all about fifa07....i was way too tired of we10..unfortnatly i couldnt enjoy it as i would like . i must tell i evan started to play we6fe again with my m8s here and we had much more fun than @ we10. but now with fifa 07 (evan current gen, and now with 360) we are having as much fun as we had in our golden we4 psone times. JUST GR8! ... like JB said, when you play players that are actually up to play a football simulation game, and not use the cheats the game supposely have, FIFA 07 360 plays a amazing footy game! so far i just had the chance to play with deftonesmx, and we had gr8 macthes! (i had to admit last game he hammered me 4x1 lol! ) but that happens!

anyway i hope we can get our league started, i am sure we have no cheaters here! only football hardcore fans who want to play a simulation game of our beloved sport!

like JB said, when you play players that are actually up to play a football simulation game, and not use the cheats the game supposely have, FIFA 07 360 plays a amazing footy game! so far i just had the chance to play with deftonesmx, and we had gr8 macthes! (i had to admit last game he hammered me 4x1 lol! ) but that happens!
Yeah, that match I was on fire for some reason 8) Most of our matches are 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, PK shootouts; all nice low scoring games and I must say I have enjoyed playing you so far.

Just had my biggest win online...

Dortmund 8 - 0 FC Bayern

He didnt even manage a shot :lol:

wow!! congrats!
i just had my bigest lost

ac milan 6x0 villarreal!!

man i just cant face italian two giants...i aways lose to them...my defenders just colapse when they see adriano or gilarndino, and i end up lossing too many balls for them,

Last edited:

haha.. I've won with 8-0 too against a Dutch boy Man Utd 8 - 0 Barcelona... 34 shots for and 1 against haha

Well, that's it for me....
in the end WE10 has the better gameplay and more fun when
scoring goals. I'm talking about PS2 WE10....

I tried, but FIFA does'nt do it for me....I play mostly
offline and after almost a month now, it just does not cut
it next to WE.....
FIFA is about 80% there, they have everything except the
basic element of football,....the thrill of scoring goals,
1-2s, great passing moves, headers, all of which are there
in WE-10.

well good luck for ya than...

for its the oposite, the more i play fifa the more i am loving it!
evan the gk stupid AI isnt bothering me so much, i am start to get used to how the gks act... and one thing i really like is the diference of dificult to score against good and bad goalies...

ps. guys i played a online game today against arsenal at emirates, and we were using the new yellow epl/la liga nike ball.. but that was the only macth after that i faced man utd at old trafford and the old white/red one was used..any ideas if ea updated this? and if so how cna we use that yellow ball in offline macthes?

i don't know whether anyone has aksed this but is the player edit mode similar to pes6 ps2 not 360 cause it's shite(the edit mode)

quite similar...but with less features( important ones)...like you cant edit players face, or body type..only equipments, facts(name, date of born,etc..) and attributes...
also you need to buy at fifa fan shop the real boots to assign them to players that dont wear it by default.
but i think its a edit mode as quality as any other edit mode in next-gen games.

Back
Top Bottom