FEAR 2 : Project Origin (PS3, XBOX 360, PC)

I aint played multiplayer i was just going on my single player experiences :)

There will be no replay value for sure but like Bioshock its good enough to go through once

The single-player is worth getting the game for on it's own. I have just completed it on normal after two days solid at it. What an incredible experience. It is hands-down one of the best stories I have played in a long while and seems to round off the whole FEAR saga.

The AI are fantastic throughout, forcing you to outwit them at every opportunity, or they will punish you. They pounce on you and come from all angles to scare the living bejeebes out of you, especially the invisible frog men (just you wait and see). The armour was a great add-on and didn't feel like it was forced. It most certainly wasn't overdone either.

Graphically, this game is impressive, the lighting effects are fantastic and add an eerie edge throughout the game.

The soundtrack is creepy as hell and seems to fit with each level as you progress. The level design is great and the destructible environment is a very nice touch. Whether you want to shut off that creepy TV or just blast through walls to get to enemies, it's all very effective and real-looking. It simply blows you away on the armour levels.

Difficulty wise, normal is a challenge, so if your new to FPSs or want to do a dry run to get used to the levels, I'd pick easy on levels you are struggling to complete. I'm used to FPSs and I was fine on normal. Hard is very hard though, be warned. For one, your reflex (slow-mo) is shorter and obviously you can only take the one or two shots before you die.

I cannot recommend this game highly enough. I don't think it will beat KZ2 as the FPS game of the year, but it's definitely worth checking out if you are a fan of the series or a fan of FPS games with an added touch of horror. Oh and don't forget to turn the lights off and plug your headphones in/switch on the surround sound for that all-round creepy experience.

There are a whole host of trophies available which are very achievable. It's waited more 60/40 in favour of the single-player.

I don't like the multiplayer. I have yet to have a game that's lag free. I play other FPSs such as BFBC and the CODs with no problems whatsoever. The modes are generic with your classic team deathmatch, deathmatch and capture the flag modes. The other modes are just variations on sabotage (COD) and HQ modes. Using the armour online is cool though. It's a shame as it did have potential, and of course there are a number of trophies to be earned through online multiplayer. I'm not too bothered though, if I'm honest.

8/10 (Increased from 7.5, but slightly marred by the multiplayer experience unfortunately)

I always start games on hard now for longevity and obviously difficulty

It doesn't take them many shots to kill you on this even with Armour on Hard

Yeah I couldn't hack the hard difficulty, it really was difficult. Especially when they are throwing grenades at you and flushing you out of your position.

" i'm in a glass case of emotion "

thought would say that and also, this game scares the buns off me, i cant get through this due to how scary it is. just that girl, does it for me

This game is excelent!!!!! Agree with all the coment from the guys ahead, the solo mode is really one of the best FPS that i ever played!Spetacular story, spetacular atmosphere, great graphics and an excelent gameplay, all that a great game should have.

The girlfriend rented this for me last night to tie me over until the end of the week with KZ2 and what a great game.

I've not tried the online side, I've only played the story side and everything about the game is great. A ton of shit myself moments, graphics are great, i love the way the buildings rock and lights swing back and forth and your screen shakes around when a grenade goes off near to you (like in KZ2).

I was a little confused by the game at first, after playing the demo i expected to run into the same area but its as if the demo is made up of separate choice cuts of the actual full game.

I'm thinking i'm near the end of the game now, without spoiling anything it has to be the end almost because of where the level is situated. The ai are rock hard now flanking me throwing grenades to flush me out, i constantly have to run for cover and move around the levels to stay ahead of them.

I'll try the online today for something to do as i think the SP side won't tempt me back for another playthrough immediately after completing it.

I was a little confused by the game at first, after playing the demo i expected to run into the same area but its as if the demo is made up of separate choice cuts of the actual full game.

That's exactly what the demo was, they sliced sections from the main game and stuck them altogether.

wow i attempted to play online at 2pm and there were 12 people in total online. it can't be that bad can it?

online is mixed

i feel its limited, there can be a bit of fun but its def no call of duty which can keep you going

Well I couldn't even get online last night. I managed to find more players, i think there were 20 games active and most had 2 players in alone, 1 had 5 plays in a TDM game and one game had a group of 4 in some other game mode. Every time i attempted to join a game id get a 'fail' message.

what's really annoying is that a lot of the trophies are online only, so basically with online being dead you can't get the trophies! Very annoying especially for a new release.

Played this again last night after a while not playing it

I cant say enough about the awesome atmosphere this game creates. For about 5 minutes i was walking with just a torch for light, checking rooms and every nook and cranny with some low level creepy music not knowing when someone or something is gonna pop out or noises coming from somewhere and every single it happens you cant help but shit yourself because the game just puts you on edge.

Also the kills in the game are very gruesome, i was following a trail of blood and eventually it led to a body with no head propped up against a washing machine, on closer inspection i saw the head spinning around in the washer :LOL:. There is alot of stuff like that which takes the game into a role of a horror film as well so you really do get into it.

Its definitely one of the best games i have played in ages and anyone who is a fan of horrors/thrillers should 100% pick it up because it don't get much better than this

Funnily enough i was at a mates last night and i saw the demo for the first time

I'm not into Over the shoulder shooters though

I tried the demo of Dead space and it felt a bit cack - movement was really slow and I don't know, it just felt cheap and didn't grab my attention. I think i turned one corner killed a few weird creatures and then quit the demo and un-installed it.

Even though this game has received ratings in the 70's yet you guys make it seem like it's in the 90's. Is it that good?

well i reckon they got it on 70's due to online but its not an online game, it is good, i just have problem as im to scared to continue this :/ freaks me out man

def worth a try first time round

Yeah you'll love it Lami. One of the best games I've played this year. Coopz can vouch for it too.

Coopz has already recommended it in the Resident Evil 5 thread ;) Ok this game added to my list. I'll have to wait til my next pay though because i'm broke :P. I've only got the PS3 about a month ago and I have about 15 games already :LOL: My wife is not liking this at all..

I'm only on the 2nd chapter and the game scares the shit out of me. You're walking down a corridor with these creepy noises and then some shit just pops up on the screen with a loud noise :SHOCK:

Played and like it.

Scariest part of the game was right a the begginning IMO when we go get ammo (or wtvr) and some creepy white eyes appear on the corner of our screen right when we turn back. It worked wonders since I was always scared shit whenever I went to a corridor to get ammo.

Back
Top Bottom