Fallout : New Vegas

I'm about 5 hours in and have barely scratched the surface. Have it on hardcore mode, it's quite challenging but very realistic.

Loving the story, the setting, the characters and the quirkiness of it all. Oh how I missed playing Fallout.

Goodbye hours of life.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/19/fallout-new-vegas-reviews-go-for-broke-round-up/

Might be worth holding off on this for the moment. There are apparently a long list of technical problems which will need patched, as they are causing problems with crashes and the like.

It seems to have scored down because of these bugs.

Haven't noticed any bugs in my 5 hours of play. I've done every mission/side mission available to me aswell.

If anything it seems to be improved. I've noticed there's a lack of slow down on big battles and much improved loading times/texture pop-in (could be because I have it installed though). Hasn't crashed either.

The PS3 (normal and GOTY) version of Fallout 3 were plagued with bugs and juttering. Perhaps the 360 version is more optimised?

9 via Eurogamer and IGN

I'm level 8 on it, not played anywhere near enough, (wish i was a student again), but it is a great game. Absolutely love it

Yeah every game from the series including oblivion always has a bunch of bugs.
i haven't had any yet but they are already going to patch the game.

Remember the lists of glitches and cheats they fixed in oblivion and fallout3

Collecting mine tomorrow from Gamestation. Comes with Mercenary pack (grenade launcher ahoy!) and also the Ltd Edition Guide book. Oh yeah.

So anyone encoutered freezing/choppy gameplay on PS3 yet? Played Fallout 3 on Xbox and loved it but read about FO3 GOTY having major issues on PS3 which according to some people have carried over to New Vegas. I badly want to play this game on my PS3 but if it has freezing issues and/or messes with my system I think I'll get Black Ops first.

My missus plays it constantly and has encountered the odd small patch of slowdown and two freezes, one on the loading screen and another when exploring, that needed the PS3 hard-reseting to get rid of. It's just like F3 was.

PS3 version has tons of slowdown, the game just pauses for a second or two while you're exploring.

Just got myself my first reputation, pretty much slaughtered
the correction facility where the convicts had taken over
so now I'm pretty much hated by them :LOL:

PS3 version has tons of slowdown, the game just pauses for a second or two while you're exploring.
It's not that bad on ours but anything could alter performance I guess when the game build is so complex. It only seems to slow on ours for a second or two when you leave a building.

I doubt they'll patch for these issues, good job the game itself is a joy.

I've had 1 crash in 10 hours play. XB360. It was my own fault, as I noticed a Ghoul was stuck in the ground near the outdoor movie theatre, so I tried to Unarm critical hit him. Fail.

Does this one play exactly like Fallout 3? I am a bit worried about it because I read that its by different people that made Fallout 3.
I really liked 3 and was a bit shocked when I realised I had finished it when I had probably half the map left to explore. I sold it after 1 play through and regretted it shortly after. If this is different to 3 I might get it back off Ebay and play through it again.

It's not much different at all, a few gameplay mechanics changed like being able to create ammo and other bits but essentially it's the same game from my experience so far.

Which is definately not a bad thing :)

Does this one play exactly like Fallout 3? I am a bit worried about it because I read that its by different people that made Fallout 3.
I really liked 3 and was a bit shocked when I realised I had finished it when I had probably half the map left to explore. I sold it after 1 play through and regretted it shortly after. If this is different to 3 I might get it back off Ebay and play through it again.

The team is also many of the original development team behind Fallout 1 and 2.

It's not much different at all, a few gameplay mechanics changed like being able to create ammo and other bits but essentially it's the same game from my experience so far.

Which is definately not a bad thing :)

Many people are saying that the story/dialogues are much, much stronger than FO3 which can't be a bad thing :)

Not forgetting the aiming is a lot better in the game aswell. The inventory is a lot deeper, you can combine and create a lot more items and the condition of your item affects how effective it is e.g. damage.

So apart from the game crashing, which I never experienced in Fallout 3, it is an improved version of the last game.

Lots of games to buy in the next few months after going about a year buying none, GT5(hopefully), Fallout & Mass Effect along with PES which I already got, I hope thats it for a while my wallet is going to suffer enough as it is.

I LOVED fallout 3...but not sure about this one. Played FO3 to death - is there enough new stuff in here to warrant a full purchase?

Also, very specific q - is there less subway grinding? That was definitely the low point for me, having to spend hours trekking into and out of subways, where it was always too dark to see what the hell was going on.

It's between this and Fable III...they always seem to come out at the same time incidentally...

This is a completely new game, new setting, new story, new characters, yes it uses some of the familiar assets from the original but don't let that put you off, not sure if there's any subways in this as I haven't played it yet but I haven't read any such complaints! This will give you minimum 75 hours play if you do all side quests etc and some will get 100-200 out of it (that's like 33 MOH's ;) )

Fable3 on the other hand by all accounts has been dumbed down even more from its RPG origins, even my wife who was a huge fan of the first and quite liked the 2nd and completed both a good 3 or 4 times is rather meh about whether to buy it or not.

This is a completely new game, new setting, new story, new characters, yes it uses some of the familiar assets from the original but don't let that put you off, not sure if there's any subways in this as I haven't played it yet but I haven't read any such complaints! This will give you minimum 75 hours play if you do all side quests etc and some will get 100-200 out of it (that's like 33 MOH's ;) )

Fable3 on the other hand by all accounts has been dumbed down even more from its RPG origins, even my wife who was a huge fan of the first and quite liked the 2nd and completed both a good 3 or 4 times is rather meh about whether to buy it or not.

Interesting, thanks for the advice. I liked the first fable, didn't play the second one.

Shall opt for Fallout then, and cancel the weekend plans :)

Fable 1 > Fable 2 > Fable 3 is my understanding (admittedly I don't play the series as they're not my cup of tea but my wife is/was a big fan so that's based on her opinions) :)

That said, you can already get FONV off Ebay for £20 or so which could be worth considering? :)

Back
Top Bottom