Fallout : New Vegas

embraceuk1

Original Member Since 2001
30 December 2001
Indiana USA (Scottish)
Nottingham Forest
Fallout: New Vegas is a codename of an upcoming Fallout game being developed by Obsidian Entertainment

It was announced by Bethesda on the 20th of April that Obsidian Entertainment are in production of a new fallout game. Little is known about the new game, other than the fact it take place in a post-apocalyptic Las Vegas. It is thought to be released on the Xbox 360, PC and PS3 sometime in 2010

The title is "just Fallout: New Vegas. No number. It's not a sequel." For those worried this non-numbered expansion would be a party game, fret not. It's "definitely an RPG," according to Bethesda VP Pete Hines. Obsidian Entertainment was founded by Fergus Urquhart who, along with a few other Obsidian guys, worked on the original Fallout. The team was approached by Bethesda and "jumped at the chance" to work on this new title.

Re: Fallout, New Vegas Xbox 360, PS3 and PC

Yeah the wife sent me a link to this yesterday, more Fallout'esque RPG is great news as far as I'm concerned, loved Fallout3, love the possibilities of the engine and happy to get more :)

I've been hyped since the day it was announced and have it pre-ordered with Game. Fallout 3 was my GOTY in '08 and is one of the few games I platinumed on the PS3.

There's quite a few others in the original Fallout 3 thread as well.

Looking forward to it a lot, just think the engine is aging quite badly now, but it portrays such a huge world with such a great scope it's hard not to get immersed into it, really looking forward for there new engine to be used in Oblivion 5 though :)

An insider contact at Bethesda tells me via a friend lol (actually true).
They are working on a RPG game which hasn't been announced for a year now we hope its elder scrolls 5 but i don't know.

Fallout for me is the game of the current generation. I've already spent over 250 hours in the fully modded PC version and still haven't touched the DLCs. Guess I better hurry up now ;)

Anyway, considering the foundation Bethesda created, chances Obsidian could screw this up should be pretty slim. Bring it on!

All the previewers have loved the game so far.
I especially like the fact that reputation is huge in the game and you can have a different rep in one place compared to another depending on what you do.
Listen to the latest Bethesda podcast its explained a lot better on there lol.

http://www.bethblog.com/podcast/
Your Fallout: New Vegas questions are answered, and Obsidian's Feargus Urquhart stops by

Thanks mate, I've actually had their latest podcast on my radar but totally forgot about it. So thanks for the reminder :)

42 hollowed out rocks (kind of like the one that was near Megaton that held the sniper rifle)

51 Skill books (less skill books but they add +3 to skills or +4 with Comprehension perk)

213 Skill magazines (these will add +10 to skills but only last a small amount of time, can be longer with Retention perk and get +15 with Comprehension Perk)

42 different Unique Weapons (some only available WITH Wild Wasteland, others only available WITHOUT Wild Wasteland

For the Beastiary there are Bighorners (6 subspecies), Bloatflies are back, Brahmin (4 subspecies), Cazadors (look like giant mosquitos, 3 subspecies), 3 different Centaurs this time around, Coyotes (3 kinds), 8 types of Deathclaws, 8 types of dogs, 10 types of Geckos, 10 types of Ghouls, 3 types of Giant Ants, 3 types of giant Mantises, 4 types of Giant Rats, 2 kinds of Lakelurks, 2 types in Molerats, 4 kinds of Nightstalkers (weird cat looking things, supposedly poisonous), Radroach, 6 types of Radscorpions, 5 types of Sporeplants (no picture available), and 6 kinds of Super Mutants.

falloutguide003.jpg

falloutguide004.jpg

falloutguide005.jpg

We get the game at Monday night at Midnight i cant wait.

The guy is posting more info tonight but no spoilers as he doesnt want to read the levels i wouldnt either.

Cant wait for your impressions

I've finished playing for the night as I'm knackered. Didnt do too much it's good very good.

Like Fallout 3 of course but more depth. You can make new medicines etc at campsites if you have the right ingredients, and also make weapons at workbenches like before,

There's also lots of ammo type for use on certain enemies. There's armour piercing, hollow point etc

All in all it really is just like Fallout 3, you feel right at home, I've only levelled up once (all the Traits have downsides. All the ones at the start seemed crap so I picked none) so really need to play it more over the weekend.

Really excited to get into it.

Back
Top Bottom