EvoWeb Revolution - PS3 FIFA BAP Thread

I'll be up for some games today (unless NBA 2K9 arrives) and through the rest of the week.

I was online until from 8 - 10.30. Kept checking the room but noone in there (apart from Fremm for a few mins). There were people on my friends list that were playing FIFA though but obviously fancied a change. Rad - You were playing something else I believe.
Anything after 11 is too late for me on a school night (I'm too old for school but you know what I mean).

Yeah I was on 'Quake Wars' as the little one was awake and i can't play online on something where i might have to pause the game to do a nappy change or help the misses out with something.

Werent really good games today, Personally didn't enjoy it much, The team didnt gel as it has before, there was Rad missing who has become our Rio Ferdinand, Just not the same without him, Lawze was missing and to be fair it really affected my game as i had 2-3 different strike partners (and even 4-5 at times)who ran into each other a few times.

We need to pass the ball closer and not look for the killer pass everytime , for some reason everyone was really forward! at times i was behind 3-4 players when im the CF! people kept getting into the CF role which made me and them run into each others space/run, in the last match I dont think i recieved 1 pass in the first half when i was open! which then meant when I did recieve it I didnt expect to and scuffed it. Hopefully we can get these things sorted as it was fine before today.

I've been playing the PES09 demo and been having more fun with that arcadey kick about than Fifa09. I think it's the bugs and shit in Fifa09... they won't annoy most people but for me they kill the game.

Crosses that float in with no pace or curve wildly without me wanting them to - that crab walking through ball stuff - that the game cheats and will slow you down when you're fully healthy to allow a slow player to catch up or will slow you down and let someone with the ball like Yakubu sprint away from C.Ronaldo - how players take a touch or 2 when receiving a pass leaving them open to a tackle or getting pushed over and then you have to wait for the animation to stop before you can do anything - the delay between pressing shoot or pass and it actually happening at times - that Manager Mode and the menus are the same which just makes me feel like im playing fifa 08 again (MM was where i spent 99% of my time last year so this kills all of my enjoyment of offline gaming) - BAP offline is extremely dull once you've been playing it online and its also full of bugs and strange happenings - get 5 '10 rated matches' and find yourself in the reserves the following week - But then when you do go online the game crashes or hangs on the load screen, it boots you out of games, awards the quitting team the win and is full of cheats/exploits. Last night we were getting battered by Man Utd who for each goal did the exact same thing - instead of jogging on the edge of the box and chipping the keeper they jogged and tapped shoot at the edge and every goal went in. It was 4-0 by half time then i get a message saying the other team have quit but when i pm people they said that I quit the game!

I don't want to throw Fifa away and then find that PES is equally annoying - but at the moment i'm having more fun pinging the ball around in the demo of PES than Fifa09.

You've dropped out a few times when I've been in games with you Rad.
Might be worth getting your connection looked into.

Young one is right about trying to stay in your position but to be honest, people have to make bursts into other positions now and then. They just can't stop as you wouldn't always IRL either.
Some people do annoy me with their passing though. I can hardly remember anyone passing a ball backwards. When I do it I think it shocks people as nobody seems to expect the pass as they are trying to bomb past me.

The passing backwards also goes for most positions. Forwards just tend to try and turn with the ball insetad of holding it up, laying it off and then looking for a return ball or making space.

Admittedly, this can be a hard mode and the slight lag causes issues sometimes but let's try and let the ball do the work a bit more.

I'm saying all this and I know I lose the ball aswell but I promise I am always trying to keep the ball moving.

Let's try and not get to down on this lads as every game isn't going to be perfect. I for one still enjoy it and hopefully a load of you will be online tonight.

I've been playing the PES09 demo and been having more fun with that arcadey kick about than Fifa09. I think it's the bugs and shit in Fifa09... they won't annoy most people but for me they kill the game.

Crosses that float in with no pace or curve wildly without me wanting them to - that crab walking through ball stuff - that the game cheats and will slow you down when you're fully healthy to allow a slow player to catch up or will slow you down and let someone with the ball like Yakubu sprint away from C.Ronaldo - how players take a touch or 2 when receiving a pass leaving them open to a tackle or getting pushed over and then you have to wait for the animation to stop before you can do anything - the delay between pressing shoot or pass and it actually happening at times - that Manager Mode and the menus are the same which just makes me feel like im playing fifa 08 again (MM was where i spent 99% of my time last year so this kills all of my enjoyment of offline gaming) - BAP offline is extremely dull once you've been playing it online and its also full of bugs and strange happenings - get 5 '10 rated matches' and find yourself in the reserves the following week - But then when you do go online the game crashes or hangs on the load screen, it boots you out of games, awards the quitting team the win and is full of cheats/exploits. Last night we were getting battered by Man Utd who for each goal did the exact same thing - instead of jogging on the edge of the box and chipping the keeper they jogged and tapped shoot at the edge and every goal went in. It was 4-0 by half time then i get a message saying the other team have quit but when i pm people they said that I quit the game!

I don't want to throw Fifa away and then find that PES is equally annoying - but at the moment i'm having more fun pinging the ball around in the demo of PES than Fifa09.

This post could've been posted by me. Totally read my mind.

You've dropped out a few times when I've been in games with you Rad.
Might be worth getting your connection looked into.

I've not had connection problems with any other games though. I'm still signed into the PSN when i get a message about people quitting. Unless it hangs on the loading parts and then i have to quit fifa which resets the PS3, signs me out of PSN and back in.

Well I still love the game and im sure PES09 (for me) wont be able to match this! The bugs are extremely anoyying but atleast theres a patch on the way which should fix 85% of them.

SJP76 I agree with you about people making bursts etc but i've played with you and more before and it was fine then but yesterday there were 4-5 of our players in the other teams box which made it easy for the opposition to counter attack. I agree we need to keep it moving a lot more and spread the play out wide.

Rad I think you should give this game more time and you will probably find the same or if not more bugs with PES09 than you will with FIFA as there's a good chance online will be the same as last years

Try retyping parts of that in English.

I wouldn't say 100% better. There's no way PES has better commentary than Fifa and I haven't even heard PES09's commentary yet.

SJP76 I agree with you about people making bursts etc but i've played with you and more before and it was fine then but yesterday there were 4-5 of our players in the other teams box which made it easy for the opposition to counter attack. I agree we need to keep it moving a lot more and spread the play out wide.

Rad I think you should give this game more time and you will probably find the same or if not more bugs with PES09 than you will with FIFA as there's a good chance online will be the same as last years

Completely agree with you buddy. Was just mentioning there will be occasions when people come out of "position" to try something (I certainly do anyway).

As for everyone else going mad about this game, I think everybody just needs to chill out a bit. Realx, it's early days and it does take a little while for some of the newer guys who have started playing with the team to get used to the way we play.
If they aren't performing or not sticking to "the rules on how we play as a team" then the captains can drop them. That applies to every one of us.

Everybody gets a little frustrated but that's the same in real life footy. I played in the middle with a kid all last year and hated playing in the same team as him cos he was a greedy b@stard! Would only release the ball when he was in trouble (he couldn't see it though (and that's the same with some people playing the game)). Can't stand players like that and I'm glad he's now left the club. He was a nice kid though but I couldn't gel when playing with him.

@ AP - Just remember the ones who are talking shit to you and see how it pans out. If they keep it up and it isn't warranted, then have a word with the boss so they can fuck them off. It is frustrating though and they need to realise that they probably ain't all that either and criticism can go both ways.

No offence to anybody as most the lads I have played with have been great.

What bugs are you guys talking about because i cant see any?

Is it just a PS3 thing?

I don't notice any either apart from the forwards or defenders stutter a bit when the ball is in the air. I only play online though so can't really answer about the single player bugs.

On the kick about loading parts before a match sometimes you'll be stuck in there kicking the ball around wondering what the fecks going on and then after you PM a friend asking if they're still loading they'll say 'No we started the game a few minutes ago its half time now"

The only way out is to press the PS button on the pad once and then picking quit game but it cocks up and resets the PS3 and turns your pad off (oh for the record you do that to access the XMB - if you press it and hold it it only gives you turn off pad or turn off system)

-

Sometimes in games you'll get a message saying the other team quit - but it will only be you who has been kicked from the game or they'll quit on you and in the club records... they will be awarded the win.

When you play a through ball players running after it did a crab walk and seem to avoid the ball.

Erm.. i cant think of any more

I've enjoyed yesterday's games (just made 3 games, then I had to leave):
first was 5:0 (just 4 of us, all on any)
the 2nd was a well deserved loss (again just 4 players, all on any)
the 3rd game was a (very) lucky win. 6 players, I think Sorpio on any, the rest fixed.
I was (trying to) play(ing) in midfield. As we've played with very offensive wingers, I've tried to stay behind a little bit and destroy the opponents attacking.
I'm still in love with the game, even when there are some major flaws (advantage, strage turn arounds). PES(Demo) feels too arcadey. FIA requires more skills to play a decent game (on semi/manual)

There's still hoping the team will stay together, as I haven't that much fun since playing PES5 with 3 mates...

Seems like Rad and AP might drop out which is a shame but if they prefer PES than thats upto them. :(( I havnt found any bugs in BAP Online to be fair but have heard a lot of people getting them. The main ones should be fixed with the patch it seems. Hopefully some lads will come online today at some point so we can get a few games in.

I'll be online at some point tonight.

On the kick about loading parts before a match sometimes you'll be stuck in there kicking the ball around wondering what the fecks going on and then after you PM a friend asking if they're still loading they'll say 'No we started the game a few minutes ago its half time now"

The only way out is to press the PS button on the pad once and then picking quit game but it cocks up and resets the PS3 and turns your pad off (oh for the record you do that to access the XMB - if you press it and hold it it only gives you turn off pad or turn off system)

-

Sometimes in games you'll get a message saying the other team quit - but it will only be you who has been kicked from the game or they'll quit on you and in the club records... they will be awarded the win.

When you play a through ball players running after it did a crab walk and seem to avoid the ball.

Erm.. i cant think of any more

So its only a PS3 thing then by the sounds of it

the 360 has no such problems

I bet they will bring a patch out to sort it out

You hog the ball but you play as a team - how does that work?

mgemrl when i've been with him is usualy ok - he zooms down the wings takes men on and has the skill to beat them. A few nights ago we has Young and Lawz up front with mgemrl or the left wing and the rest of us dotted around the pitch and we were awesome. Young and Lawz up front were scoring for fun and mgemrl was turning people inside and out on the wings.

And the other night a bunch of us took out stats from something like 3-1-2 to 18-2-7

By the sound of your post AP i dont think anyone would want you back.

I find it hard to keep hold off the ball because off the button lag, its out of my hands.

Grow up - weve just started a new team to get away from people who kick off and get angry because they don't get what they want. why even bother slagging other people off if you were just going to quit? why not just leave and let everyone else have their own fun.

if you've gone your gone but don't hang around shit stirring

Back
Top Bottom