Shock sacking

Martin Jol

Who will Overachieve

Sunderland

Teams to be relegated

Reading, Birmingham, Derby.

FD

Top Scorer
Drogba, Martins, Yakubu (if he goes to Everton)

New signing to shine
Malouda, Elano, Corluka, Distin, Fae, and Kieron Dyer

New signing to flop
Well it's all dependent on how well you expect someone to do:
Torres (shocker!, lol) Bojinov, Bale (in context of how good people believe him to be) Bolton's ex-villa signings (Mccann & Samuel) and Fulham's Irish recruits

First manager to go
Southgate

Shock sacking
Most likely nobody. BUT pressure on Liverpool after spending so much. Wont be in top 2 so if they slip in europe Benitez.

Overachievers
Reading (again), Sunderland, Arsenal (considering that silly poll on p1 has tottenham as the 4th pick and Arsenal as 'other' despite not being outside top 4 under Arsene; Henry, or not.) Everton (Moyes is top class)

Underacheivers
Niddlesbrough, West Ham, Spurs (Keane, Berbatov, Bent = square peg, round hole. Oh and can Ledley King get injured just by breathing, it seems so), Bolton (4-4-2! everone looked lost = start slow, pick up at xmas)

Relegated
Derby, Boro, Fulham

Top four
Hmmmmm now what four teams could get into the Chamions league hmmmmm..... ..... ..... Sunderl.... no....... Aston V..... no, no..... EUREKA!!!!!

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool

If interested...
5. Everton
6. Spurs

Last edited:
this thread should know be closed since the league's started and the opening predictions where really predictions while know the lague has kicked of the situations are changing peoples answers

Just some quick thoughts/predictions from me:

EPL will once again be a 2-horse race for the title with Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham fighting it out for those 2 last CL places rather than challenge for title realistically this year and perhaps a surprise team like Everton, City or Portsmouth joining them for the fight for that last CL place as well (and it'll be in this regard that EPL will have gotten more exciting this year). Current champs Man Utd and last year's champs, Chelski will be the real contenders for the title in my book. Not 3 or 4 teams.

Right now I'm undecided between the two although I give the edge to Chelsea and should the transfer of Dani Alves happen, I can very much see the Blues regain the title. And if Alves comes AND Gabi Heinze leaves, then I can see Chelsea doing what they did a couple years ago and finish a 'safe' (good enough - not so close) distance from 2nd placed team.
LOL ahh shit the rest of the post is a quote but some of it is shocking

Surprisingly how many people thought Torres and Santa Cruz would turn out to be a flop...even Abhishek thought Torres would flop.
Looking at these predicdtions, Wigan did very, very well..and once again Spurs are the underachievers (shit, i like them a lot).

And there were people who predicted a shock sacking for Wenger....they were wrong

even Abhishek thought Torres would flop.

:tumble:

In my defense, anybody who had seen Torres at Atletico over the last 2 years would have said Torres would be a flop.

Obviously, Rafa saw something in Torres, and full credit to Rafa for transforming Torres into this goal machine he has become. Obviously, that is why he's managing Liverpool, and I am on forums, winding up people :-pp

Exactly , thats why where all on forums discussing footie, at the end of the day were not as good at reading the game as professionals and thats why they have these jobs

Except for PLF ;)

Can't wait for the summer transfers to kick in and to read PLF's new predictions! (I'll have to put a few quid on them this time as well...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom