• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabac Red

Premiership
22 November 2002
It only feels like the last season only ended last week, only
a few more days to go before the big season kicks off again and
we'll go through all the excitement, adulation and dissapointment.

So I ask -

Top goal scorer

Best new signing to shine

New signing to flop

First Manager to be sacked

Shock sacking

Who will Overachieve

Teams to be relegated

Top goal scorer

Tevez

Anderson

New signing to flop

Torres

Sammy Lee

Shock sacking

Mourinho

Who will Overachieve

Sunderland

Teams to be relegated

Derby, Birmingham, Wigan

I voted Man Utd as champions. It's all the same to me if the best team wins (always after 38 matches) and it would be fine if it was more than a 2 horse race.

Top goal scorer: well i wish Berbatov would be the top goal scorer. That would probably mean that Spurs would do well. I like Spurs very much...

Best new signing to shine: Fernando Torres??? Tevez??? Christian Wilhelmsson??? I hope it would be an English player. Why not Spurs' Gareth Bale (too soon???) or Chelsea's Steve Sidwell (will he play enough???)

New signing to flop: Voronin or Claudio Pizarro.

First Manager to be sacked: Chris Hutchings

Shock Sacking: Rafa Benitez and/or José Mourinho

Who will overachieve: Everton

Relegation: Wigan Athletic - Derby County - Birmingham

Top goal scorer
Rooney / Drogba

Santa Cruz (Blackburn), Anderson (United), McShane (Sunderland), Koumas (Wigan)

New signing to flop
Sidwell (Chelsea), Kamara (Fulham), Torres (L'Pool), Bianchi (City), Utaka (Portsmouth)

Southgate

Shock sacking
Wenger

Who will Overachieve
Blackburn & Everton

Teams to be relegated
Birmingham, Derby, & Middlesbrough

Top goal scorer

Drogba

Malouda (Chelsea), Martin Petrov (Man City) if plays more consistently, Nani (Man U) he is more creative and intellegent player then C.Ronaldo has good passing skills, but is still very good in going past opponent players.

New signing to flop

Roque Santa Cruz (B'burn Rovers), Valeri Bojinov (Man City), Claudio Cacapa, David Rozehnal (both NUFC).

----

Shock sacking

----

Who will Overachieve

Portsmouth

Teams to be relegated

Derby
Wigan
Sunderland

Top goal scorer

One of Spurs' foursome

Would have gone for one of Spurs' signings but Sylvain Distin on a Bosman is gonna prove to be an awesome signing.

New signing to flop

Jeremie Aliadiere

Sammy Lee

Shock sacking

Big Sam

Who will Overachieve

Pompey

Teams to be relegated

Derby
Sunderland
Birmingham

We need more options like,

Which player will have a breakout season?

Tom Huddlestone

etc

Top goal scorer
Owen

Malouda

New signing to flop
F. Torres

Sammy Lee

Shock sacking
There Wont Be

Who will Overachieve
Sunderland

Teams to be relegated
Derby
Wigan
Reading

owen top scorer?:lol::lol:You must be joking??If he can manage to play at least 15 games it will good...

well if he turns out to be then you ow me a meal:mrgreen:

he isnt injury prone mate he will fire em in you watch

Top goal scorer
Drogba

Bojinov and Malouda

New signing to flop
Torres and Darren Bent (relative to the transfer fee)

Sammy Lee

Shock sacking
Rafa Benitez

Who will Overachieve
Manchester City and perhaps Newcastle United

Teams to be relegated
Wigan
Derby
Sunderland

Top goal scorer

Drogba.

One from:

Santa Cruz
Malouda
Tuncay (hopefully)
Babel
Muntari
Bale

New signing to flop

Gonna stick my head out here and say Nani *awaits waves of 'omg wtf?'*

Chris Hutchings

Shock sacking

Arsene Wenger

Who will Overachieve

Sunderland *bites tongue*

Teams to be relegated

Wigan
Derby
Birmingham

Top goal scorer
Hard to say because Drogba will be gone for the Nations Cup, but still probably him (if not, then Rooney)

Nani

New signing to flop
Torres definately, especially with that price tag

Southgate

Shock sacking
Maureen

Who will Overachieve
Sunderland

Teams to be relegated
Birmingham, Derby, & Middlesbrough

Top goal scorer

Drogba

Babel, Torres, Tuncay

New signing to flop

Hargreaves

Southgate

Shock sacking

Curbishley

Who will Overachieve

Fulham - By overachieving I mean they will stay up :P

Teams to be relegated

Derby, Wigan, Birmingham

Last edited:
I guarantee you, Gareth Southgate won't be sacked this season, Steve Gibson has a staunch reputation for sticking by his managers through thin and even thinner.

Just some quick thoughts/predictions from me:

EPL will once again be a 2-horse race for the title with Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham fighting it out for those 2 last CL places rather than challenge for title realistically this year and perhaps a surprise team like Everton, City or Portsmouth joining them for the fight for that last CL place as well (and it'll be in this regard that EPL will have gotten more exciting this year). Current champs Man Utd and last year's champs, Chelski will be the real contenders for the title in my book. Not 3 or 4 teams.

Right now I'm undecided between the two although I give the edge to Chelsea and should the transfer of Dani Alves happen, I can very much see the Blues regain the title. And if Alves comes AND Gabi Heinze leaves, then I can see Chelsea doing what they did a couple years ago and finish a 'safe' (good enough - not so close) distance from 2nd placed team.

Top goal scorers

Andrew Johnsson - if Arteta would let him take the penalties. But since that's probably not gonna happen.

Wayne Rooney (if his injury isn't serious and won't be out for long)

Darren Bent (Although being in the team with the best strike-force means he won't be guaranteed a spot and will be rotated some of the time which will hurt him in this regard)

Dirk Kuyt

I'd pick Drogba but he'll be away for ACN and I have a feeling will pick up an injury sooner or later that'll keep him out for at least a couple months.

Best new signings to shine

Most of the players who will shine this season won't be this summer's signings but last year's in my opinion.

Guys like Kuyt and S. Kalou who by now have found their feet in EPL and will start showing people just how much better than some think, they are.

But if we're talking about this summer's:

Ben Haim (To get a player of that great of a quality who is still young for a defender and will improve even further and is versatile on a FREE is probably best deal of summer for me)

Sanli Tuncay (Free great player) - Might take a couple months to adapt but when he does, Boro have made one heck of a deal!

Martin Petrov - On his days, will be the best left winger in EPL and tear the defenders he faces, a new @$$hole!! :mrgreen: (Going to be hard to mark and keep ineffective)

Attacking-wise, the most dangerous left-winger EPL will have now (But not the best however since Malouda is more well-rounded and helps in defense, much more of a team player and consistent) and should he avoid injuries, and considering the low price City picked him up for, he'll be a bargain if he can keep his $hitty attitude to himself and under control and not get in trouble with club officials/refs or other players.

Daniel Alves (IF it happens) - No comment even needed! Nobody in his position in EPL even compares to him! If he comes even though it will cost a truckload of $$$ to get him, he'll be more than worth it and immediately make EPL a higher quality and more exciting league and Chelsea a much much stronger team.

Emerse Fae - Won't be a big star by any means but few people know much about him and as a result aren't expecting much. He'll be a good replacement for Sidwell however (even if it take a bit of time) and could prove to be a great buy.

Nugent and Scott Parker will be very good additions to Portsmouth and West ham respectively once they get into grips with their new clubs.

Yossi Benayoun - Very talented Israeli who will show his true worth in Liverpool's red unlike at West Ham. Similar to how Mascherano is doing. He's now settled in EPL and will be the creative attacking midfielder/winger, they needed.

Considering how little $$$ he was picked up for. He'll surprise some people who don't rate him high enough.... and prove to be a bargain.

New signings to flop

Fernando Torres - Good player but has a reputation far bigger than current ability. Needs 3 good chances to put one away and while I won't start necessarily calling him a flop due to his lack of efficiency in front of goal, because of some of the other stuff he brings to the side which are valuable sometimes and the fact that he can improve and has huge potential, the media will. They won't tolerate it when a forward who cost that much misses that many great chances and is not the clinical finisher many (under the wrong impression) thought he was.

LFC could've spent that money more wisely IF their ambition was to fight for title this season but despite this, L'pool fans shouldn't be too worried. Because a Dutchman by the name of Dirk Kuyt will step up this year and surprise a lot of people who aren't rating him as high as they should be right now with goals AND assists to add to the already incredibly impressive work-rate of his which he's already demonstrated.

Cacapa - Came on a free after getting released by Lyon. But as I mentioned a couple months ago, he was probably better off going to a big club in a smaller league like Greece/Turkey. (AEK Athens, Besiktas, Rangers)
Well past his best, fairly injury prone and by the time he starts adapting to EPL, it may already have cost NUFC too many goals, just like their previous shambolic CB's.

Santa Cruz - Real cheap but his reputation >>> ability just like Torres. Is injured for most of the time and when he isn't, will only show glimpses of what he's capable of here and there. Like Samaras in many ways.

Daniel de ridder - Talented Dutch player who is very good technically but weak mentally and physically. He came on a free, so he's not really gonna be a bad signing though...

Curbishley if West Ham start bad , if not Sammy Lee.

Shock sacking

Hmm.. Curbishley? Steve Bruce if Birmingham get off to a bad start.

Who will Overachieve

Everton - Lot of clubs in England have had take-overs recently and new found rich owners who've splashed the cash more than the blue Mersey-siders but it's a good solid team with David Moyes in charge that's got even better with a couple solid additions. I can see them finishing 6th below the top 5 but ahead of the rest of the pack some of whom spent much more than them. Won't be easy though.

Portsmouth will have a good season as well.

Teams to be relegated

Wigan

Derby (Will give it 110% and become a fav of many neutral viewers. Ultimately though, the squad just probably isn't good enough for the big heart and hardwork to compensate for it)

Reading or Bolton

Which players will have a breakout season?

Tom Huddlestone

David Bentley (now he'll really turn into a quality player!)

S. Kalou

Niklas Bendtner

Steven Davis (Fulham - Former Aston Villa)

David Edgar (Young Canadian Newcastle defender)

Ricardo Vaz Te

Last edited:
Looks like everyone thinks Torres will be a flop. Thus he won't. Everyone thought Moro would be a success :D

Top Goal Scorer - Drogba

Best New Signing to shine - Babel, Elano, Petrov, Malouda,

New Singing to flop - Hargreaves, Nani, Utaka

Shock Sacking- usual suspects. Hutchings etc, not really a shock

Overacheivers - Everton

Relegation- Wigan, Derby, Bolton

Top goal scorer:
Martins/Santa Cruz

Best new signing to shine:
Tevez/Malouda

New signing to flop

Nani/Anderson

Who will Overachieve:
Newcastle (Champions League maybe??)

Teams to be relegated:

Derby/Wigan/Bolton

Top goal scorer
Martins or Drogba or Van Persie.

Florent Malouda, Elano, Eduardo

New signing to flop
Fernando Torres

Sammy Lee

Shock sacking
Eriksson

Who will Overachieve
Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland

Teams to be relegated
Wigan, Derby, West Ham

Top goal scorer
Didier Drogba
Robin Van Persie
Darren Bent

Elano (if he settles quickly)
Florent Malouda
Craig Gordon
Younes Kaboul

New signing to flop
Torres (maybe not a 'bad' season but wont do aswell as maybe expected by most because he is over-rated)

Bellamy - I'd love him to prove me wrong but cant see it.

Curbishley

Shock sacking

Gareth sOuthgate

Who will Overachieve

Sunderland - Roy Keane.

Man City

Teams to be relegated[/QUOTE]

Derby, Wigan, Fulham/Bolton/Birmingham

Top goal scorer

Most probably Tevez,but hopefully Berbatov.Someone was joking with the Owen choice,but he can achieve that(if he doesnt injure himself while picking up his cup of tea...)

Here I could call plenty of players:
Bojinov is determined to show what he can do or he could be reserve for forever,his consistensy is really bad,mainly because he is filming video clips with his wife(she is a singer),but I am sure he will push his skills to the limits this season.
Elano is in te list too,one of my favourite players(I have many by the way).I dont even know how City captured him,I heard he has offered himself,but thats probably not true.
Malouda and Martin Petrov will compete for the best left winger(I am a bulgarian and thats the reason to praise all of our players,except Stiliyan Petrov,who although is a goot team player will never excell as a star).
Corluca is going to shine too,Man City made a really strong selection and players even seems to work out well with each other.
Shevchenko is going to have one hell of a season if you ask me,I am sure no one expects that,but he will rise for the challenge of a first team place and probably Drogba will be sold next season.
Rio-Cocker is going to turn as the biggest star in Villa team.
Wilhellmsson is going to win a permament deal too,he plays much like C.Ronaldo,but with more thinking in his game.
And lastly Tuncay will hel Boro to stay away from relegation with his crucial goals.

New signing to flop

Torres(but he will have at least one hattrick),surely wont score the requested 20 goals by Rafa,need to work hard in the fitness too,maybe next season.
Sant Cruz is on the same train as Torres,need a lot of work.
Bellamy is a real bad choice for a striker,so I dont see that to work out too.
And here comes the worst signing of all times,Titus Bramble.But given the fact we all know he is worth nothing,thats not a flop eh?

Curbishley

Shock sacking

Southgate

Who will Overachieve

I can see Man City battle hard for Euro tournaments.Everton also.

Teams to be relegated

Darby,Wigan,West Ham

Top goal scorer
Didier Drogba
Dimitar Berbatov
Dirk Kuyt

Martin Petrov
Florent Malouda

New signing to flop
Fernando Torres
Nani

Sammy Lee

Shock sacking
None

Who will Overachieve
Newcastle
Manchester City

Teams to be relegated
Derby
Wigan
Sunderland

Top goal scorer
Darren Bent
Carlos Tevez
Robin Van Persie

Elano
Florent Malouda
Nani
Martin Petrov

New signing to flop
Fernando Torres
Roque Santa Cruz

Chris Hutchings
Sammy Lee

Shock sacking
Alan Curbishley

Who will Overachieve
Birmingham
Man City
Sunderland

Teams to be relegated
Derby (I hope not :()
Reading
Wigan

Thanks for the replies here's mine.

Top goal scorer
Drogba ANC may be a problem

Malouda(ditto he went to chelsea)
Torres - Alot of people have him
down a flop he might just do what
Berbatov did last season.

Elano

New signing to flop
Nani - Will show flashy glimpses
score a spectacular goal of two but
will be ineffective in the EPL.

Curbishley - Never have rated him
and his signing have been poor

Shock sacking
Lawrie Sanchez will eventually
succumb to the long ball game

Who will Overachieve
Sunderland
Man City are a wildcard for me

Teams to be relegated
West Ham= Leeds UTD
Derby
Wigan

Top goal scorer

Tevez (but hopefully Torres)

Malouda (class through and through)

New signing to flop

Nani (not sure about him, think it will take a few years before his style is "English" enough for him to do well)

Gareth Southgate (not manager material I don't think, shortly followed by Sammy Lee)

Shock sacking

Martin Jol (looking bleak for Tottenham, shortly followed by Arsene Wenger)

Who will Overachieve

Sunderland (Roy Keane is performing minor miracles with them)

Teams to be relegated

18 Middlesbrough (unless Southgate is chucked out now)
19 Derby
20 Wigan

Top goal scorer
Rooney

Nani

New signing to flop

Torres

Sammy Lee

Shock sacking

Martin Jol

Who will Overachieve

Sunderland

Teams to be relegated

Derby, Wigan, Birmingham

Why are Spurs the 4th choice over Arsenal?
I think Arsenal will have a surprisingly good season.

Top goal scorer
Drogba

Craig Gordon

New signing to flop
Torres or Nani

Southgate or Sammy Lee

Shock sacking

Martin Jol (If not during the season, then by the end of it if they haven't justified their outlay on players)

Who will Overachieve
Sunderland

Teams to be relegated

Derby
Wigan
Reading

I was going to say Sheff Utd will struggle, but then I remembered... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom