England v Switerland friendly (Wednesday Feb 6th 2008)

Glad it isn't just a West Ham support from myself for Green.

Every poll or survey I have seen/read has Green conistently ahead by a fair distance.

Green is brilliant, that's why! I just wish Torres and Ronaldo were English :(

Interesting formation.

Not sure about Brown and Upson though!

Jenas deserves a spot based on the last 6 weeks or so.#

EDIT: Very scrappy so far, both midfields packed. Always think England play well with more space to play the ball into because obiously we lack technique required for quick interchange and keeping posession.

Last edited:
Gerrard does my head in, he's playing shite again. So's Brown and Cashley. Can understand (to an extent) Upson and Jenas being a bit nervous but these guys should be used to pressure by now and there's no excuse. Hopefully the whole team performance will start improving in the second half.

Well not much post match posts, thought we were....not good enough overall didnt want to be to harsh as its the 1st match but we need to improve alot on that, and Gerrard Man of the Match:shock: i went crazy when i heard that what game where they watching? J.Cole is easily our best performer today and on most days, Rooney never stops running gives 110% overall it needs improvement but not judging anything yet

Decent performance, the crowd booing was very harsh, at the time the team had the ball and they kept possession with the end result being a decent shot on goal. The players were nervous but thats a good thing.

Good performance in my opinion. This is just the beginning, I can already see what Capello is trying to do. Nervous, yes. France away next, totally different story (although Scotland beat them so anything can happen! ;))

Decent performance, the crowd booing was very harsh, at the time the team had the ball and they kept possession with the end result being a decent shot on goal. The players were nervous but thats a good thing.

mate to be honest i thought the booing was long overdue! it was a shocker up until the goal it was all switz and to my amazement there was mishaps all over the joint most players simply could not make one pass to another player, ok they were nervous an all with the new gaff watching , simply put it aint the manager its the players and there mentality , i cant see anything changing, against a good int team england will be found out englands best player and grafter j. cole by a long way , how s. gerrard was awarded man of the match is beyound me.

I thought Jenas was better than Gerrard when they were both on the picture.

I thought it was a good performance, some people are being way too critical. It was finally good to see England having to play in a system
and especially in the second half when the substitutes came on and players got moved to different positions.

The booing was pretty shitty aswell.

i cant see anything changing, against a good int team england will be found out

Nothing new there...?

Gerrard only started playing well he was on the left. Bentley was fairly rad.

One thing I noticed was that there was hardly any long balls, even after Crouch had come on.

mate to be honest i thought the booing was long overdue! it was a shocker up until the goal it was all switz and to my amazement there was mishaps all over the joint most players simply could not make one pass to another player, ok they were nervous an all with the new gaff watching , simply put it aint the manager its the players and there mentality , i cant see anything changing, against a good int team england will be found out englands best player and grafter j. cole by a long way , how s. gerrard was awarded man of the match is beyound me.

So if England dont have much possession they deserve to be booed? Capello was often criticized for being a 'boring' coach. He's the kind of guy who would have 30% possession and win the game 2-0.

So if England dont have much possession they deserve to be booed? Capello was often criticized for being a 'boring' coach. He's the kind of guy who would have 30% possession and win the game 2-0.

nah wasnt about possession , did you read my post? it was same old same old! they could not pass, could not go forward , no confidence and then the goal changed things a little, switz aint that strong , i was expecting to see some passion at least with the new boss an all , i support northern ireland we aint much good but the lads always give the utmost best! as a supporter thats the least you deserve.

We won't play pretty football under him, we have to accept that (I don't mind, I have United for that ;)) but having a system like Sebac Red mentioned earlier is very important.

nah wasnt about possession , did you read my post? it was same old same old! they could not pass, could not go forward , no confidence and then the goal changed things a little, switz aint that strong , i was expecting to see some passion at least with the new boss an all , i support northern ireland we aint much good but the lads always give the utmost best! as a supporter thats the least you deserve.

Bu what did you expect from this game??they were with the new
coach during 3 days And you wanted them to play fantastic/attacking football??

Same old, same old in the first half, and then when Crouch came on, I was dreading the good old 'hoof it!' tactic, but eventually in the second half, we played quite nicely.

We need two new full-backs though, cause Brown cannot play for England (even if hes had a decent year for us) and Cole is just a mess at the moment.

Bu what did you expect from this game??they were with the new
coach during 3 days And you wanted them to play fantastic/attacking football??

:roll:Jesus (deep breath) you didnt bloody read my post either!!!
(HEAR ME SHOUT?) FFS didnt say i expected to see fantastic attacking football, they couldnt pass the bleedin ball , you know ? the basics.....

How the hell did Brown get in that England team ahead of Micah Richards, my only thought is Capello has seen him as a centre back rather than a rb and choose Brown because he has been playing there all year for the rags. But if thats the case Upson.... I know WH have had a good defensive record but thats mainly because of there style of play imo.

Anyhow see the minues scilence lasted whole 27 seconds and not a dickbird about it in the papers yet on Sunday if the same happens the press are going to tear us apart!

Back
Top Bottom